“Nice place to stay in Asheville”

Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road
Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed August 8, 2010

The Hampton Inn was as expected. Clean, conveniently located to food, siteseeing and shopping. Rooms were spacious. Free breakfast was fine. Staff was friendly and helpful. The AC was a bit noisy. I would stay here again for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Wherenext6

Reviewed June 26, 2010

I spent my 60th birthday at this Hampton with plans to tour the Biltmore. The hotel was clean, reasonably priced and had a wonderful staff. We spent 3 nights at the hotel and the room was always clean and everyone so helpful. The hospitality was warm and sincere. Oh yeah, they even gave me a personalized birthday card with a few goodies inside. Wow!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank retire1_10
AshevilleHamptonGM2, Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2010

Thank you so much for spending your birthday with us! I am thrilled that our staff was able to celebrate with you. I will share your great comments with AJ, Scott, Billie and Hevelyn. I know they will love the feedback. Thank you again and we hope to see you on your next trip to Asheville.

Reviewed June 18, 2010

We stayed in the hotel for five nights. The front desk was great with directions. The breakfast was very good, great location. we did not use the indoor pool,however it looked very inviting.
Room was clean and comfortable. The entire hotel staff was very freindly.

hope to go back again

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Jgeptp
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2010

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to write such a warm review. I am glad that you enjoyed breakfast and our great staff. We certainly hope to see you during your next trip to the Asheville area!

Reviewed April 10, 2010

This hotel was wonderful, just like all the other Hampton Inns we've stayed at. We chose it for the indoor pool with mountain view and were very glad we did. Housekeeping staff was great too!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank kellyuttgrubb

Thank you for being our guest during your trip to Asheville. I am glad that you got to take advantage of our indoor heated pool. It is always a big hit with the kids. I appreciate the time you took to write such a great review. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed January 26, 2010

The rooms were clean and the beds were o.k. I would stay here again if I there was a need but I believe I would try something different if I knew the breakfast was better. The quality of the Hot breakfast items were poor. Microwave biscuits are not the best. Hard if the bag broke during warming. The hot items should be served hot not vending machine quality. I felt as though I was mislead by the hotel offering a hot breakfast. Not a good selection for athletes.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 8, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this Hampton Inn along with my 90 years old mom while on our way to Columbia and Charleston. Overall, the room was clean and comfortable. The heater was somewhat noisy but that was not a big deal.
Tthe next morning a tour bus load of people swamped the breakfast area but the Breakfast Lady was right on top of things and kept the area well supplied and clean. Will come back next time we pass through Asheville

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TennesseeYogaQueen
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and want to thank you for being our guest. I will be sure to extend your compliments to our breakfast hostess and housekeeping staff. They are always grateful to hear the compliments of our guests. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you on your next trip to Asheville.

Reviewed November 24, 2009

Hotel was generally good, but got terrible room. Poolside means there is a door in the back of your room that opens DIRECTLY into the indoor pool area. This equals people being LOUD from 8 am - 10 pm. If proximity to the pool is important to you, this would be convenient. If you're like us and don't care anything about the pool, it was just noisy. They are very good about closing the pool exactly at 10 so the noise doesn't go on too long. The room had no micro-fridge or microwave--for $134 I would have expected at least a micro-fridge. Bathtub was really loud whirlpool.
Breakfast was OK but very crowded both days we were there. Staff kept food well stocked and there was a good variety.
Exiting the parking lot is sometimes difficult because you cannot turn left, so no matter what you're turning right. Everyone we saw was justing turning around in the Waffle House parking lot--kinda weird but not the hotel's fault I'm sure.
There is a Carraba's Italian restaurant directly behind hotel--really very convenient.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am terribly sorry that you were not satisfied with the poolside room. These rooms are usually very popular but I certainly understand about the noise from that area. I would love the opportunity to serve you during your next trip to the Asheville area. I would be happy to personally make your reservations and assign you to a room away from the pool area. I hope to see you soon.