“Great indoor pool”

Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great indoor pool”
Reviewed April 10, 2010

This hotel was wonderful, just like all the other Hampton Inns we've stayed at. We chose it for the indoor pool with mountain view and were very glad we did. Housekeeping staff was great too!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank kellyuttgrubb
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this review, July 12, 2010
Thank you for being our guest during your trip to Asheville. I am glad that you got to take advantage of our indoor heated pool. It is always a big hit with the kids. I appreciate the time you took to write such a great review. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you in the future.

828-255-9220

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed January 26, 2010

The rooms were clean and the beds were o.k. I would stay here again if I there was a need but I believe I would try something different if I knew the breakfast was better. The quality of the Hot breakfast items were poor. Microwave biscuits are not the best. Hard if the bag broke during warming. The hot items should be served hot not vending machine quality. I felt as though I was mislead by the hotel offering a hot breakfast. Not a good selection for athletes.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Tennessee
Reviewed December 8, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this Hampton Inn along with my 90 years old mom while on our way to Columbia and Charleston. Overall, the room was clean and comfortable. The heater was somewhat noisy but that was not a big deal.
Tthe next morning a tour bus load of people swamped the breakfast area but the Breakfast Lady was right on top of things and kept the area well supplied and clean. Will come back next time we pass through Asheville

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TennesseeYogaQueen
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this review, January 19, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and want to thank you for being our guest. I will be sure to extend your compliments to our breakfast hostess and housekeeping staff. They are always grateful to hear the compliments of our guests. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you on your next trip to Asheville.
Reviewed November 24, 2009

Hotel was generally good, but got terrible room. Poolside means there is a door in the back of your room that opens DIRECTLY into the indoor pool area. This equals people being LOUD from 8 am - 10 pm. If proximity to the pool is important to you, this would be convenient. If you're like us and don't care anything about the pool, it was just noisy. They are very good about closing the pool exactly at 10 so the noise doesn't go on too long. The room had no micro-fridge or microwave--for $134 I would have expected at least a micro-fridge. Bathtub was really loud whirlpool.
Breakfast was OK but very crowded both days we were there. Staff kept food well stocked and there was a good variety.
Exiting the parking lot is sometimes difficult because you cannot turn left, so no matter what you're turning right. Everyone we saw was justing turning around in the Waffle House parking lot--kinda weird but not the hotel's fault I'm sure.
There is a Carraba's Italian restaurant directly behind hotel--really very convenient.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am terribly sorry that you were not satisfied with the poolside room. These rooms are usually very popular but I certainly understand about the noise from that area. I would love the opportunity to serve you during your next trip to the Asheville area. I would be happy to personally make your reservations and assign you to a room away from the pool area. I hope to see you soon.
North Carolina
Reviewed November 19, 2009

Very clean and quiet. People who work there are nice. Great location. The bed was really comfortable. Liked the lap pad that was in the room. Free wifi worked well. Indoor pool looked inviting.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank MartiB
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel and for choosing to stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed our staff and amenities. We look forward to serving you during your next trip to the Asheville area!
South Carolina
Reviewed October 17, 2009

It has been many years since I had stayed in a Hampton Inn, and I was pleasantly surprised at the amenities. The hotel is nicely decorated and a pleasant lobby area. The room was spacious and in good condition. I was pleased that there were white duvets on the beds, because it is so much cleaner and fresher than ugly bedspreads. The beds and pillows were cushy. We had a lovely view of the mountains from our 5th floor window. There was a little problem that neither of our key cards worked, but it was easily remedied by the front desk. The was a nice breakfast with foods to microwave and fresh fruit.
There is a pool, whirlpool, sauna and very nice workout area with modern machines and weights.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this review, October 19, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write such a warm review of our hotel. I am glad that you had such a great stay and had the opportunity to enjoy our great amenities. Thank you so much for being our guest! We look forward to another opportunity to serve you in the future!

Medford, MA
Reviewed September 28, 2009

My husband and I are big Hampton Inn fans. HI is our hotel of choice; we stay at 7-8 per year. Our stay at the Hampton on Tunnel Rd. in NC was generally positive, as are most of our HI stays. The staff was fantastic, the rooms were great, the breakfast was plentiful.

Two odd things though: No microwaves or frigs in the rooms, and no "breakfast to go" bags offered. I thought these were both standard HI options. At least they are things we've come to count on. So just want to mention to other travelers that neither were a part of our stay in this HI.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EuroGal
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this review, October 14, 2009
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and thought our staff was fabulous! I will share your warm comments with them. I also wanted to mention that our breakfast on the go bags are only out Monday through Friday. It is because of feedback from valuable guests that we are able to continually improve. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you during your next trip to the Asheville area! Thank you again!

Hampton Inn Tunnel Road