My friend & I stayed here over Memorial Day weekend checking in on Sunday, checking out Tuesday. We booked this over the internet based on the reviews we read and were very impressed with the quality of the hotel. It is definitely more upscale than we had expected. Cherry wood (or the look of) furnishings and the beds are fantastic - part of a new campaign - Soft, luxurious bedding, firm mattresses, truly a pleasure to sleep in. Our room was on the 5th. (top) floor and had a good view of the mountains. The lobby was tastefully decorated and was where the good breakfast was served - fresh coffee, teas, juices, cereals, yoghurt, fruit, bagels. I would steer clear of the 'breakfast specials' which are microwaveable items and incude egg & waffle items - they look and taste synthetic. Staff are courteous and helpful. Free lobby internet access computer was a great help to us during our stay. The location of the hotel is an easy 5 minute drive into downtown Asheville. Tunnel Road is a busy road with lots of restaurants and other hotels all close to each other. However It is necessary to drive to them - it is not pedestrian-friendly. Regardless, it is a good location for access to downtown Asheville and the outer neighborhoods. I would definitely stay there again and would recommend it to anyone looking for a better quality hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whatever brings you to wonderful and rare Asheville we're eager to have you stay with us at the Hampton Inn® Asheville-I-240 Tunnel Rd. We are perfectly and conveniently nestled amongst all of Asheville's most popular attractions, including the world famous Biltmore Estate and winery, historic downtown Asheville, and America's most scenic byway--the Blue Ridge Parkway. Once you've arrived at our hotel, you'll enjoy a lot of great amenities waiting for you in your room, including free high-speed internet access in every guest room, handy lap desks, and 32" HD flat-screen televisions. Our recently renovated Perfect Mix Lobby is a perfect marriage of vibrantly blended colors, creating a perfect space to mingle with friends, watch the big game on the oversized HD flat-screen television, or finish up the day's business on plush sofas or the communal table. Our guests also enjoy our complimentary On the House™ hot breakfast, featuring a variety of hot breakfast items and fresh Belgian waffles. If you're looking for relaxation, splash down in our newly renovated indoor pool, melt the day's stress away in our whirlpool spa or maintain your healthy lifestyle in our state of the art fitness center featuring all new Precor® equipment. When you're ready for some rest, hunker down for the night in our comfiest amenity yet, our Clean and Fresh Hampton Bed™. Come and experience for yourself the splendor of the Blue Ridge Mountains at the newly renovated Hampton Inn® Asheville-I-240 Tunnel Rd. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Tunnel Road Hotel Asheville
- Hampton Inn Asheville Tunnel Rd
- Asheville Hampton Inn