“Excellent choice”

Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
SW Florida
“Excellent choice”
Reviewed July 27, 2009

We had a wonderful stay. Great location, seems to be just renovated. VERY comfortable beds and nice breakfast.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SWFLTraveller
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this review, August 5, 2009
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to the opportunity to serve you again when you are in the Asheville area.

Andrea Behrens

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed July 17, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for the first time. I do a lot of business traveling, so most of stays are the Hampton Inns, The check in was find, however I did find one of the clerks a lot more helpful. The other clerk did not seen to care. The room was a little disappointing. I felt like I smelled smoke and or something. Called down for someone to maybe spray it, but got back from dinner and stiil had same smell. The next morning I had problems with my shower, I had trouble with the hot water, so I settled for a cool shower.The breakfast offered a lot, the waffle was great, but the muffins seem to be damp. Also very small area to eat, not a lot of tables.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank alabamafann
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It is my goal that every guest have a great experience with us and I am so sorry that this was not the case with your stay. It is guest feedback such as yours that helps us to continually improve. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you next time you are in the Asheville area.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed July 13, 2009

To begin with the front desk clerk was not to helpful. Asked if first floor was avaiable, without looking told me no. My room also had an bad smell to it. I went out and bought some spray to help that.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank luvthekeys2
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this review, July 14, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It is my goal that every guest have a great experience at our hotel and I am so sorry to hear that this was not the case with your stay. It is through our guest’s comments that we are able to continually improve our product and service. Next time you are in the Asheville area we would love to have another opportunity to serve you.
Thank you again for your review.

Ypsilanti, Michigan
Reviewed June 11, 2009

We visited Asheville for Memorial Day Weekend. The hotel was very clean- it looks recently renovated. I got a great deal on a king room with a whirlpool bathtub ($120 prepaid). The breakfast bar was really nice for a hotel- breakfast burritos, breakfast sandwiches, pancakes, yogurt, bagels, cereal & fruit and a make-your-own-waffle station. The coffee was surprisingly good. The staff were attentive and made sure all the food & plates/forks etc. were always stocked- even when breakfast was "officially" over. The staff also opened my door for me when my key wouldn't work and my hands were full of ice buckets.

The hotel was also very quiet- we were a few doors down the hall from the lobby but the firedoor silenced all the kids waiting in line for breakfast. When we opened the door we had no idea there was a feeding frenzy in the lobby. It was no problem being right next to the freeway- you really can't tell once you're inside the hotel.

The location wasn't bad- we had never visited Asheville before, and this hotel was just a 5 minute drive to downtown. We drove back and forth to downtown to experience Asheville's brew pubs- a cab would also have been affordable if we needed it.

Overall, it was a great stay and I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Asheville.

2 Thank aquariumsandbeer
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this review, June 12, 2009
Thank you so much for such a great review! I am thrilled that you had such a great stay with us! I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and found our staff accommodating and helpful. I hope that you will choose to visit our beautiful city again. We welcome another opportunity to serve you! Thank you for being our guest!

Charlotte
Reviewed June 10, 2009

This hotel was perfect for what we needed! We were greeted by smiling faces at check in, and they didn't go away as we peppered the front desk staff with questions pertaining to the area. The rooms were spacious, clean, fresh, quiet, and very comfortable. I had 2 kids with me and the indoor pool was great for them! The breakfast staff was very pleasant and friendly, and the breakfast was wonderful. It ranged from the standard continental breakfast options, but also featured several hot items a day, ranging from chicken biscuits, pancakes, breakfast quesadillas, and french toast. The waffle maker for fresh waffles is a wonderful addition. The kids had plenty of options, from cereals to fruits and a couple of juices. The location was great, too. The hotel is surrounded by many great restaurants, and its proximity to the Asheville mall is super convenient. To top it all off, we were just a little more than a mile from Downtown Asheville. We heard about the recently renovated Hampton Inn on the other side of town and intended to stay there, but they were full. Their staff pointed us to the Hampton Inn on Tunnel Rd, and boy were we happy they did. Great job, Hampton Inn Tunnel Rd. We will definitely see you again on our next trip to Asheville!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank BuffaloGator
Thank you so much for your warm comments regarding our hotel and our staff. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our amenities and that your children had such a great time in the indoor pool. I will be sure to share your compliments with my staff. Thank you for being our guest and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you on your next trip to the Asheville area!

Nashville, TN
Reviewed May 28, 2009

We just spent a weekend in Asheville and this hotel was great. The staff was really helpful and made us feel welcome. The rooms were nice with newer televisions and the pool area was nice. The location was convenient to the downtown area where we found some good dining choices. I would definitely return

1 Thank trvlalot75
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this review, May 29, 2009
Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to serve you on your recent trip to Asheville and for writing such a nice review. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you on your next trip to the Asheville area.

Central PA
Reviewed May 20, 2009

Stayed here one night after visiting Biltmore. Be on the lookout for it as the place is up the hill on a busy 4 lane. Friendly staff and very helpful with directions around town. The room was great and the king bed comfortable. Nice bathroom and room setup. The indoor pool and hot tub were great too. Pretty descent breakfast setup as well.

1 Thank travelalloveragain
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this review, May 22, 2009
Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding our hotel and staff. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have the opportunity to serve you on your next visit to the Asheville area!