(Let me start by saying rating of 5 is not equal to 5 star hotel, but for midlevel hotels like Hampton Inn, Courtyard, HIExpress, etc. this is a 5 “dot” hotel)
3 nights over July 4 weekend. Rate was $100 less than other comparable hotels in area. Hotel was back from Tunnel road and up small hill so not too busy or loud from road noise in a safe location. Tunnel road turns into a main street downtown which is only 2 miles away. Hotel offer complimentary shuttle downtown if you want. Also, just 1/2 mile off I-240 for getting around area.
Service was great at front desk (friendly and informative) and breakfast area. I was working late in lobby area so heard a lot of folks coming in and going out and stopping by front desk. Very professional and helpful. (Tammy called a taxi for guests, and when it wasn't there after 10 minutes she called them back on her own without being asked to say her guests were still waiting for the taxi.)
Interior lobby area was very nice, sleek/modern, clean, freshly decorated. Breakfast area got crowded as hotel was probably close to full for holiday weekend. Free Breakfast was much better than most midlevel hotel free breakfasts. Very well attended to, so rapid refills of foods by friendly staff.
Room was good size, very clean, and linens were fresh and new feeling. There seemed to be several different pillows per bed so easy to choose good one. Bed was very cozy, usually I have trouble in hotel beds but I drifted off easily and slept soundly through night. Well-appointed room with microwave and mini-fridge, desk, lap board for laptop. Bathroom was immaculate and spacious. Our upper floor room had great view of mountains.
Never made into the pool but looked nice (probably 15 x 30ft pool) and separate hot tub. Fitness room looked to have enough equipment to keep folks happy.
With kids and in city where hotel isn’t main feature (i.e. not going to a resort) I usually look for location, safety, clean, and pool as main deciding factors. This Hampton Inn is so much more than that. It’s probably nicest midlevel hotel I’ve been in, and will probably look to book again when in area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whatever brings you to wonderful and rare Asheville we're eager to have you stay with us at the Hampton Inn® Asheville-I-240 Tunnel Rd. We are perfectly and conveniently nestled amongst all of Asheville's most popular attractions, including the world famous Biltmore Estate and winery, historic downtown Asheville, and America's most scenic byway--the Blue Ridge Parkway. Once you've arrived at our hotel, you'll enjoy a lot of great amenities waiting for you in your room, including free high-speed internet access in every guest room, handy lap desks, and 32" HD flat-screen televisions. Our recently renovated Perfect Mix Lobby is a perfect marriage of vibrantly blended colors, creating a perfect space to mingle with friends, watch the big game on the oversized HD flat-screen television, or finish up the day's business on plush sofas or the communal table. Our guests also enjoy our complimentary On the House™ hot breakfast, featuring a variety of hot breakfast items and fresh Belgian waffles. If you're looking for relaxation, splash down in our newly renovated indoor pool, melt the day's stress away in our whirlpool spa or maintain your healthy lifestyle in our state of the art fitness center featuring all new Precor® equipment. When you're ready for some rest, hunker down for the night in our comfiest amenity yet, our Clean and Fresh Hampton Bed™. Come and experience for yourself the splendor of the Blue Ridge Mountains at the newly renovated Hampton Inn® Asheville-I-240 Tunnel Rd. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Tunnel Road Hotel Asheville
- Hampton Inn Asheville Tunnel Rd
- Asheville Hampton Inn