“Great Sleep”

Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road
Ranked #8 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Hotel was really clean, staff was very friendly, breakfast was good. Plenty of restaurants in the area. Local mall and theater was less than 5 mins away. Beds were extremely comfortable. Will definitely come back!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank pmfarns
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road

Reviewed January 30, 2014

We've stayed there three times- always impeccable service and quality and extremely friendly staff. We appreciate the beautiful rooms, very comfortable beds, great lobby area, and attention to detail on every level. Great breakfast, too. We'll definetely stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
3  Thank Carol D
AndreaCoon, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Thank you so much for your review. We strive to make sure that every guest is completely satisfied with their stay, and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much. We pride ourselves on our customer service, and our staff always makes an effort to ensure that our guest's feel welcome and comfortable. Our housekeepers and maintenance work extremely hard to give you the best rooms possible and we appreciate you taking notice of all those details. Once again thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn, and we can't wait to see you again in the future. Have a great day!!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Nice rooms, very nice staff. Shower was very nice and room was clearly renovated. They have a bed spread there that they wash every day, and that is the key to why I like Hampton Inn. The fact that this duvet cover is washed makes me very happy because bed covers are most hotels gross. The breakfast was fine and free, nothing fancy at all, but the price was very reasonable for the night. Nice Lobby, free parking, and free coffee/tea all day/night. Pool looked great but I did not go in to it. Exercise room is attached to pool, also did not go in to it. Other reviewers have mentioned, and they are right, very thin walls. You can hear everything, and that is why this is 4 stars. Nonetheless, highly recommended if you are staying in Asheville. About a 4 to 5 minute drive to downtown.

2  Thank Jhobes

Hello, Thank you so much for your review. We try very hard to give each guest a great Hampton experience, and I am glad to see we hit the mark with your stay. Our staff works extremely hard to make sure that all sheets and duvets are clean and fresh for each guest, and we appreciate you taking notice to that. Sorry you were unable to enjoy the Pool and Spa on this trip, I hope on your next visit you will be able to try it out. Once again thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn. Have a great day, and we will see you next time.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed at the Hampton Inn over New Years. Very clean and affordable. The location is quite good-very close to downtown and the free on-demand shuttle saves from the nightmare and expense of parking. The staff was exceptionally wonderful. Thank you to Jessica, Kalli, Matt, Patrick, Leroy and Niam for your many smiles and kindnesses over the holiday! Y'all went out of your way to make us welcome.

Room Tip: If you stay on the front side of the hotel, you get a distance view of Mnt. Pisgah.
3  Thank katie p

Hello. Thank you so much for your review. We take a lot of pride in giving excellent service to every single guest, and I am so happy to see that you enjoyed yourself while staying with us. We have an awesome staff and they work very hard to ensure that every guest feels welcomed and comfortable. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Asheville, and let us know if there is anything that we can do for you. Once again thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn, and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

My warmest memory is of the sociable staffer who checked me in. He greeted me by name as I walked up, as I was the last on the roster to arrive, and chatted pleasantly with me as I handled check-in chores. I don't think a hotel could ask for a nicer fellow.

The room was attractive, everything worked, and the heater obeyed my commands on the exceptionally cold night of my Asheville visit (unlike the heater in Birmingham, which I wrote about in my last review).

Why just a '3,' then?

Those walls were too thin. I easily heard neighboring guests talking through them -- not so easily that I could make out every word, but much more easily than I think appropriate in a hotel of this caliber. I can only echo sentiments expressed in reviews past: the glitzy furnishings and buffet are nice, but I pay money for a room because I want to _sleep_ in it. If I'm in a hotel with thin walls, my good night's sleep is at the mercy of the guests next door. The folks nearby were quiet enough, but I would have been in trouble if they hadn't been.

I didn't sample the wi-fi or morning buffet.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our property. I am pleased to hear you had such a wonderful check in experience! We pride ourselves on having some of the best staff around. I apologize you were able to hear your neighbors during your stay. We sure hope you give us another chance to wow you again - and may I suggest next time trying the On The House© breakfast and our complimentary wireless internet access. Thank you again for choosing Hampton Inn Tunnel Road. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Room was super, clean, smelled really good and had everything that I needed to have a good stay. Everyone was very helpful, caring and professional. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that wants great service for an affordable price!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Kathy C

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel! Thank you for all of your warm compliments! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We try our very best to ensure that every guest has the best experience possible - from the time they arrive to the time they leave. We pride ourselves on having some of the best staff around because they really know their stuff! Thank you again for choosing Hampton Inn Tunnel Road. We can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Great stop on my tour of the Southeast US. Very clean and safe. Convenient to downtown Asheville (about a 10 minute drive) Plenty of free parking. Nice fitness room. I did not have breakfast there, but it was crowded so I assume it was good/decent.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
AndreaCoon, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We try very hard to make sure every guest has the best stay possible. Next time you are in town, I hope you choose to stay with us again - and next time, join us for breakfast! I think you'll enjoy it. Thank you again for choosing Hampton Inn Tunnel Road. We look forward to seeing you again soon.