My wife and I stayed at this hotel 12/27-12/30. We checked in and they had us in room 122 which was right by the indoor pool ( I walked in the room went right to the window and saw about 5 kids right outside the window yelling screaming). I turned around went right back to the front desk and asked for another room, they only had one more available so we ended up in 126 which is near the pool but you can't really hear a lot and people are not right outside your window. I think the design of the 1st floor rooms right up on the pool like that is very poor not unless you want to check and see if the pool is crowded (not much privacy at all and it's LOUD). People were def taking advantage of the indoor heated pool/spa considering it was cold outside. I sat in the hot tub a few nights until it started to get overly crowded. I didn't expect an adults only hotel or anything but it was probably the most kids I have ever seen in a hotel at one time, they were everywhere (could have just been the holiday break but you may want to keep that in mind if you are looking for more adults) The hotel must have been booked to it's fullest because the breakfast area in the AM was the busiest I have ever seen a Hampton Inn breakfast, it was unreal how busy it was (I had to take my plate back to my room because there were no seats all 3 mornings around 8:30/9:00. As far as the food it was decent for FREE but they run out of breakfast meats almost daily so you are pretty much stuck with scrambled eggs, waffles and the other basic stuff like cereal, muffins etc. The room itself was clean and the bed was comfortable, as for the AC/HEAT unit I could not get it set to a comfortable temp. I would turn the heat on around 70 and it would get so HOT in there so pretty much I kept it on cool mode and just bumped it up to like 78. The shuttle service might be the best thing this hotel has going for it besides the location and pretty decent price. Reggie was our shuttle driver each time downtown and he is actually the guy at the front desk (guess he gets to drive the shuttle also at times because the manager has to stay back I was told). What a great guy Reggie was and full of information about where to eat or hang out each time he dropped us off. We took the shuttle downtown 2 nights and got picked up both times before 9:30 (when shuttle stops). Each time we tipped Reggie between $2-$5 because the way I looked at it was a cab to/from downtown 4 times would have easily been $40 +. We drove to the Grove Park in our own car but of course the day after we found out the shuttle will take you and pick you up at the Grove Park Inn also so I HIGHLY recommend that because it will cost you $10 to park at the Grove Park Inn and it is VERY tricky getting in and out of there. The staff at this hotel is def a plus for them because everyone was so nice always saying hey and willing to help with anything (keep up the great customer service). We also purchased Biltmore tickets through the front desk and they were $59 each for a 2 day ticket so I would buy them there instead of at the Biltmore. It is a VERY steep hill getting up to the hotel so be prepared for that if it's ice/snow and the walk down to your car is a little tricky as well. Most of our experiences may have been just because of how busy it was and the time of year we went so it may not be like this all the time. Overall I would say this is a decent hotel for the location and price so I would recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whatever brings you to wonderful and rare Asheville we're eager to have you stay with us at the Hampton Inn® Asheville-I-240 Tunnel Rd. We are perfectly and conveniently nestled amongst all of Asheville's most popular attractions, including the world famous Biltmore Estate and winery, historic downtown Asheville, and America's most scenic byway--the Blue Ridge Parkway. Once you've arrived at our hotel, you'll enjoy a lot of great amenities waiting for you in your room, including free high-speed internet access in every guest room, handy lap desks, and 32" HD flat-screen televisions. Our recently renovated Perfect Mix Lobby is a perfect marriage of vibrantly blended colors, creating a perfect space to mingle with friends, watch the big game on the oversized HD flat-screen television, or finish up the day's business on plush sofas or the communal table. Our guests also enjoy our complimentary On the House™ hot breakfast, featuring a variety of hot breakfast items and fresh Belgian waffles. If you're looking for relaxation, splash down in our newly renovated indoor pool, melt the day's stress away in our whirlpool spa or maintain your healthy lifestyle in our state of the art fitness center featuring all new Precor® equipment. When you're ready for some rest, hunker down for the night in our comfiest amenity yet, our Clean and Fresh Hampton Bed™. Come and experience for yourself the splendor of the Blue Ridge Mountains at the newly renovated Hampton Inn® Asheville-I-240 Tunnel Rd. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Tunnel Road Hotel Asheville
- Hampton Inn Asheville Tunnel Rd
- Asheville Hampton Inn