“Good Choice”

Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road
Ranked #8 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during the recent Warren Haynes Xmas Jam Weekend. The hotel staff were very friendly and extremely professional. Check in was fast and easy. Rooms were very clean and quiet. The staff bent over backwards to accommodate and schedule all there guests in getting to the concert on the free hotel shuttle. I was very satisfied. Now I have been a long standing customer at a major competitor for many years but I find this chain to be of great value as they provide free Wifi, free breakfast buffet and free parking. I would recommend this hotel without hesitation as well as the Hampton chain.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
AndreaCoon, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I am so happy to hear that all went well the weekend for Christmas Jam. We work very hard, on a regular basis, to keep the shuttle running and on time for all of our guests, and that weekend was no exception. I have to give the credit to my Front Desk Staff for staying on top of the schedule and making sure everyone was where they needed to be when they needed to be there. Thank you for all of the kind remarks about our property and thank you again for choosing Hampton Inn Tunnel Road! We hope to see you again this year for the Warren Haynes Xmas Jam 2014!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I looked at many hotels and reviews when trying to book a hotel for me and my sister's visit to Asheville. I finally decided the Hampton Inn Tunnel Rd. I was not dissapointed. The hotel staff was great, the rooms were clean, updated and quiet. The beds were extremely comfortable. The breakfast area was clean and the food well stocked. It was what I expected of a complimentary breakfast but better than most I have encountered lately. I would definitely stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lora R

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our property! Thank you for all of the kind remarks about our hotel. We try very hard to make sure every guest enjoys their stay with us and strive to meet and exceed expectations. I am happy to see that we did not disappoint! Thank you again for choosing Hampton Inn Tunnel Road and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Asheville!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

This Hampton Inn is clean and close to downtown Ashville. The staff provides a free shuttle to area sites. They are extremely knowledgeable about directions, restaurants, and the area in general. They also called us prior to our visit to see if we had any special needs or requests.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We pride ourselves on having some of the friendliest, most knowledgeable staff around and I am so happy to see that they did not disappoint. Our shuttle is a very valuable amenity that we offer our guests and I am happy that you were able to take advantage of it! Thank you again for choosing Hampton Inn Tunnel Road and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

I spent one night here and the room was very clean. Check-in was smooth and the front desk was very friendly. They had called before our arrival to see if we had any special requests. The bed was extremely comfortable and the sheets were great! They offer a nice assortment of pillows also. The room had a small frig and a microwave and they offer a shuttle to nearby places. I was disappointed in the breakfast-the fruit looked watery and I only ate cereal. We had trouble regulating the heat-not sure if it was us or the room. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was on the top floor and quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our property. We work very hard to make sure that every guest thoroughly enjoys their stay and I am sorry that you were not completely satisfied with the breakfast. Please feel free, any time you have an issue or concern, to bring it to us at the front desk and we will be happy to do all that we can to fix the problem. We will also use your feedback to better our breakfast. I hope you took advantage of the shuttle while you were here, it is one of our most valuable amenities that we offer our guests. I want to thank you again for choosing Hampton Inn Tunnel Road and hope you stay with us again on your future trips to Asheville!

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Great location for visiting Biltmore, Grove Park Inn Gingerbread House exhibit, and downtown shopping. The staff was excellent; out-of-their way helpful. The room was very clean...enjoyed the fireplace in the lobby...very good breakfast...and, of course, the evening cookies...and all at a very good price.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with our Hampton Inn! I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We work very hard to ensure that every guest is pleased with his or her stay and I am happy that we did not disappoint on your visit! Thank you again for choosing Hampton Inn Tunnel Road. We look forward to having you again very soon!

Reviewed December 13, 2013

This hotel is so cute. The room was nice, I loved the décor. It was very comfy and home like. I slept so good on the bed. It was freezing when I arrived so it was nice to have such a warm, cozy place to stay. The room had a mini fridge and microwave. The breakfast in the morning was pretty decent with fruit, eggs, oatmeal, cereal, and breads. The workout room is tiny and was really hot (the only place I prefer to be cool) but I was lucky enough to be there alone. I can imagine it would really be uncomfortable if multiple people were working out.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with our property! We try very hard to make sure every room is perfect for each incoming guest. Our staff tries to do everything they can to accommodate every guest and I am happy to see that we did not disappoint! Thank you for your comments about the fitness center. We will use your feedback to improve. I want to thank you again for choosing Hampton Inn Tunnel Road and hope to see you again on your future trips to Asheville!

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I travel for business a lot and this is one of the best Hampton Inn's that I stay in. The front desk staff are always friendly and the rooms are spotless. The location is excellent - close to shopping and many food options. The only negative is the price - it is considerably higher than the other Hampton Inn's in Asheville.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We have a lot of business travelers that stay at our property because of our location and proximity to downtown. Our location is also the reason that our prices may be slightly higher than those farther from downtown. We understand that guests pay a lot of money to stay at a hotel, and we try our very best to make sure that the hotel is clean and meets and exceeds expectations. We want you to get your money's worth! Thank you again for choosing Hampton Inn Tunnel Road and we hope to see you again on your next business trip to Asheville.