“Another Great Hampton”

Ranked #5 of 65 Hotels in Asheville
Fayetteville
“Another Great Hampton”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed another great stay at a Hampton Inn. What I liked about this one is the pool and exercise area. It is a large glassed in area and has a real open feel. Nice. The breakfast is good too. Plenty of hot protein choices.

It only negative is being on the third floor on the front of the hotel. I have a lovely view of their air mechanics and exhaust vents. Not only is it an eyesore, it is also noisy. It is a large area. I'm guessing it runs the length of eight rooms. So to be on the safe side, request a different floor or to be in the "odd" numbered rooms which face the back.

I know there isn't much they can do for this problem, but to charge less for these rooms would be a start!

Room Tip: Do not accept the "even" numbered rooms on the third floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Dobson, NC
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed here while he attended a conference nearby. The room was immaculate, with a note about the bedspread being cleaned between guests. I've read about the bacteria found in hotel rooms and this was a nice touch. The room was equipped with a coffee maker, microwave and small refrigerator which is nice! The staff went out of their way to speak to me and make sure I was comfortable and happy. I made myself go to the workout area for my hour workout. It was small but equipped with stationary bike, elliptical, treadmill, mats and weights. I loved the treadmill, because I didn't need a doctorate to operate it. Also available was water, towels and big TV. The pool area was nice with a small indoor pool and hot tub. I can't wait to try it out! The breakfast bar was beautiful and comfortable, and the food was excellent, with Danish, waffles, fruit, cereal and hot foods. The lobby is nice with coffee and hot tea available 24 hours a day, plus chocolate chip cookies. This place us definitely worth a visit! It is the best Hampton Inn I've ever stayed in, by far! Give it a try!

Room Tip: Handicapped rooms are available, with two peepholes and a doorbell. Nice!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Very clean rooms and guest areas. The shuttle service was excellent to downtown. This saved us trying to find parking on the weekend. Breakfast had a nice selection and 24 hour coffee in the lobby. Close to the Blue Ridge Parkway. We will stay here again the next trip to Asheville.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had the most amazing stay at the Hampton Inn on Tunnel Rd this past week. The staff was very friendly and accommodating and the rooms were amazing. Looks like the hotel has undergone a recent renovation. The rooms were super clean, furnishings new, coffee delicious (that's always important), beds SO comfortable and good selection for breakfast. The location is a plus also...about 5 minutes away from downtown, which is amazing! I'd definitely recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Asheville.

Room Tip: I believe that any room would be a great room here!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank sfrank15
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Like the other reviewers, I agree this is a well-managed Hampton Inn. Our room was attractive and very comfortable. I like the fact the comforter/bed spread is washed between guests--it was white and immaculate. The staff was friendly and helpful. I also want to acknowledge the young man working in the breakfast area and thank him for his excellent service- for all the times he asked us if we needed anything and for the times he took our plates, and helped us. The breakfast was decent, there was a fair variety of hot items which changed daily. I stayed for 4 nights with 2 sisters and we all agreed we would stay there again when we return to Asheville.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Highly appreciate the care that goes into everything the staff does at the Hampton on Tunnel rd. Rooms are very clean, bathrooms pretty. Lobby looks amazing. Breakfast was great, not a crumb on the floor. Staff is friendly and helpful with all your needs. I enjoyed the cookies at the end of the day. Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
Virginia
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

This is not the same Hampton Inn experience I remember from times in the past. It honestly had the look and feel of a Hyatt Place. The decor, the room layout, the comfy beds and linens, the tile bathrooms were all seriously impressive. My teenage daughter and her friend really enjoyed the indoor pool.

I will say that the "hot breakfast" was a little disappointing. Granted, we were vacationing at the same time as everyone else and the kids from other families were running around like crazy and eating up all the sausage patties and eggs, the truth is that the service team had a hard time keeping up with the demand during peak hours. Seriously though, they need to change their coffee vendor. I have yet to have a good cup of coffee from Seattle's Best, so please change it out to something like good old fashioned Folgers. It tastes better than this stuff!

All in all though, it was a great hotel just off the highway so there was no road noise and very convenient to the highway access.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family