“Great location”

Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road
Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Located close to the regional airport, this hotel was recently remodeled and is very comfortable. The room is a little on the small side with two queen size beds, but by myself it was fine. As a business traveler, having the microwave and refrigerator in the room was more important than extra space in the room. My stay was for five nights while on business. The breakfast is good and comes with the room. Warm cookies in the late afternoon are very welcomed after working. Comfortably furnished. Located close to several good restaurants and a shopping mall.

Room Tip: It can be a long walk from the elevator, as the elevator is located at one end of the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Evelyn P
AndreaCoon, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I appreciate you allowing us to serve you during your business trip. Thank you for your compliments of the breakfast and evening cookies. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Asheville.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road

Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed here and had an enjoyable time. The rooms were very clean although a little a tight on space. This hotel was recently renovated and you could tell the marked improvements. The pool area is nice and fitness area adequate although tight on space. We would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone. It is only about 5-10 mins from downtown and the many breweries and of course the biltmore and about 45 min from Pisgah national forest for hiking. Very fun time in asheville!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank ics108

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. It sounds like you had a great taste of Asheville! It is such a great place with so much to do. Thank you for your compliments on our renovations. We are proud of the improvements and love to hear feedback from our guests. Thank you for being our guest! We hope to see you on your next trip to Asheville.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I cannot say enough positive things about my recent stay at the Tunnel Rd. Hampton Inn. When my friend and I decided to travel down from OH and MA to meet for a weekend in AVL, she had originally proposed a downtown hostel. We settled on this property due to an ultra-competitive rare, complimentary shuttle service, and my overall positive experience w/ Hampton Inns. This stay was up there with the best. Shuttle drivers/desk attendants Patrick and Reggie were wonderfully accommodating; Reggie even came into the store in town to pick us up when we had missed his call. Truly a value at any price, and I will be sure to book a stay here for ALL future Asheville trips!

Note: For the fitness inclined, the 2 mile, mostly uphill run in to town is really a great way to start the day. The sidewalk continues from in front of the property through the city. Add a river leg to reach 5K or more (then have brunch and a beer, call for the shuttle, and enjoy the hotel hot tub)!

Room Tip: No restaurant on site, but the staff is so knowledgeable about all the great hidden gems!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Lee M

Thank you so much for writing such a glowing review for our hotel. The shuttle is our newest amenity at almost a year old. We love to hear our guests feedback on the shuttle and it's added value. Thank you for your compliments of Patrick and Reggie. They are extraordinary men and I am grateful to have them on our team. Thank you for being our guest! We look forward to seeing you when your travels bring you back to Asheville.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

My wife and I were in Asheville for the Heritage Classic Ballroom competition and decided to stay at this location due its proximity to the Grove Park Inn (which was over $200 per night). We were very pleased with the room and services provided, and I usually pick Hampton as a first choice, not just because I am a Hilton Honors member, but because they always seem to deliver on their promises. We were very happy with the room, cleanliness, breakfast buffet, politeness of staff and the overall experience. Would definitely recommend this to our friends.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richard R

Thank you so much for writing a review for our hotel. I appreciate your compliments of our cleanliness, breakfast and our team. I am grateful for your loyalty to Hampton and I am so glad that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you during your trip to Asheville. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I've been staying at this hotel on business for about 10 years. They did a major renovation a couple of years ago. The rooms are always exceptionally clean and the beds are very comfortable. The lobby area is very relaxing and comfortable as well. The hotel staff is very friendly. I can stay at hotel with a rate of $130 per night through my company and I always pick this one. While traveling with my boss who will only stay at Marriott properties, we stayed at the Fairfield in next door about a year ago (seperate rooms of course). The beds were uncomfortable and the rooms need renovating. I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jashcraft

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I truly appreciate your loyalty to our hotel. I know there are a lot of choices in Asheville and I am grateful you choose us. Thank you for your compliments on our comfortable beds, cleanliness, lobby and especially our team. I will be sure to share your review in our team "huddle". Thank you again! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was so excited to be able to stay at this Hampton Inn. The reviews I had read were great and I was especially excited about the indoor pool for my 8 year old and the spa for me! The front desk was lovely and everyone was so nice and eager to help. We went to our room on the 3rd floor and it was just beautiful. The bed was lush and I could have just gone to sleep then and there. We however, ventured to the pool and it was nicely heated and clean. The spa whicjh is close by was hot and bubbling just like I like it! There was a water cooler close by and lots of clean towels! We enjoyed the night with swimming and good TV! After our restful sleep, we had a delicious filling hot breakfast! Everything was just wonderful!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Nursek40

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am glad we had a room too! I love hearing from guests who find us on TripAdvisor. I am very grateful for your compliments of our team. I am so glad you took the time to enjoy the pool and spa. It is such a great space. Thank you for being our guest! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We always stayed at the Hampton Inn & then we had a very bad stay in Gatlinburg Hampton Inn & stopped using them. We saw this Inn had 5 stars so gave it a try. The Inn was very nice inside & out. The first thing to greet us was a try of cookies & several coffee pots. The lady at the desk was very nice. They made you fee welcome.
Our room was very clean & very nice. The Bed was confortable. The Refridge was hidden in side a piece of furniture. The selection of TV channels were very good. The breakfest was a nice selection of food & seemed fresh.
Right behind the resturant was our favorite resturant! We were able to walk there. The location was perfect. Just a few minutes from Downtown Ashville & The Bitmore. Two blocks down was a very nice mall. This trip was a get away for the wife & I that was much needed. We left at 4:30 AM & the lady at the counter got us two brown bags with breakfast items to take with us. That was a perfect ending to a perfect getaway. We will be back & after 10 years will start using Hampton Inn again.

Room Tip: The whole experience is very nice.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jack G

Thank you so much for writing such a glowing review for our hotel. I really appreciate you giving us an opportunity to serve you after a poor experience with another Hampton. I am thrilled that you had such a great experience and that you will begin using Hamptons again. That is a huge compliment for us and we are honored to have your business. Thank you again! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Asheville!