“Wonderful Inn” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Wonderful Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

My wife and I were in Asheville for the Heritage Classic Ballroom competition and decided to stay at this location due its proximity to the Grove Park Inn (which was over $200 per night). We were very pleased with the room and services provided, and I usually pick Hampton as a first choice, not just because I am a Hilton Honors member, but because they always seem to deliver on their promises. We were very happy with the room, cleanliness, breakfast buffet, politeness of staff and the overall experience. Would definitely recommend this to our friends.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Richard R
AndreaCoon, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thank you so much for writing a review for our hotel. I appreciate your compliments of our cleanliness, breakfast and our team. I am grateful for your loyalty to Hampton and I am so glad that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you during your trip to Asheville. We hope to see you again soon!

Andrea Coon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Statesville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

I've been staying at this hotel on business for about 10 years. They did a major renovation a couple of years ago. The rooms are always exceptionally clean and the beds are very comfortable. The lobby area is very relaxing and comfortable as well. The hotel staff is very friendly. I can stay at hotel with a rate of $130 per night through my company and I always pick this one. While traveling with my boss who will only stay at Marriott properties, we stayed at the Fairfield in next door about a year ago (seperate rooms of course). The beds were uncomfortable and the rooms need renovating. I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jashcraft
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I truly appreciate your loyalty to our hotel. I know there are a lot of choices in Asheville and I am grateful you choose us. Thank you for your compliments on our comfortable beds, cleanliness, lobby and especially our team. I will be sure to share your review in our team "huddle". Thank you again! We look forward to your next visit!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was so excited to be able to stay at this Hampton Inn. The reviews I had read were great and I was especially excited about the indoor pool for my 8 year old and the spa for me! The front desk was lovely and everyone was so nice and eager to help. We went to our room on the 3rd floor and it was just beautiful. The bed was lush and I could have just gone to sleep then and there. We however, ventured to the pool and it was nicely heated and clean. The spa whicjh is close by was hot and bubbling just like I like it! There was a water cooler close by and lots of clean towels! We enjoyed the night with swimming and good TV! After our restful sleep, we had a delicious filling hot breakfast! Everything was just wonderful!

2 Thank Nursek40
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am glad we had a room too! I love hearing from guests who find us on TripAdvisor. I am very grateful for your compliments of our team. I am so glad you took the time to enjoy the pool and spa. It is such a great space. Thank you for being our guest! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Williamsburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We always stayed at the Hampton Inn & then we had a very bad stay in Gatlinburg Hampton Inn & stopped using them. We saw this Inn had 5 stars so gave it a try. The Inn was very nice inside & out. The first thing to greet us was a try of cookies & several coffee pots. The lady at the desk was very nice. They made you fee welcome.
Our room was very clean & very nice. The Bed was confortable. The Refridge was hidden in side a piece of furniture. The selection of TV channels were very good. The breakfest was a nice selection of food & seemed fresh.
Right behind the resturant was our favorite resturant! We were able to walk there. The location was perfect. Just a few minutes from Downtown Ashville & The Bitmore. Two blocks down was a very nice mall. This trip was a get away for the wife & I that was much needed. We left at 4:30 AM & the lady at the counter got us two brown bags with breakfast items to take with us. That was a perfect ending to a perfect getaway. We will be back & after 10 years will start using Hampton Inn again.

Room Tip: The whole experience is very nice.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jack G
Thank you so much for writing such a glowing review for our hotel. I really appreciate you giving us an opportunity to serve you after a poor experience with another Hampton. I am thrilled that you had such a great experience and that you will begin using Hamptons again. That is a huge compliment for us and we are honored to have your business. Thank you again! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Asheville!

Sykesville, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was really looking forward to this one. The hotel was beautifully decorated and I LOVED the cleanliness of the room. The bedding was super clean and white. The bathroom was perfect. The lobby was beautiful, and the people were friendly. I never got to use the pool because I was ill. That was one of the reasons I was so glad the bathroom was clean because I was sitting on the bathroom floor in front of the toilet for most of the night. :(
My suggestions: Be careful following the hotel directions that they give you to places in the area because the ones to UNCA were wrong. The breakfast hot food items were cold, and even after several people asking that they be warmed up, nothing was done about it. The woman told us to take our food to our rooms to warm it up. Also, the coffee at the breakfast room ran out, and people were told to get it from the lobby. They could use a better attendant for their breakfast and the stay would become perfect.

Room Tip: Get on the highest floor available for a great view of the mountains.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
AndreaCoon, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I really appreciate your compliments of our hotel, our cleanliness and our team. I am so sorry to hear that you were sick during your stay with us. I can only imagine how awful that must have been. We have corrected the error on the UNCA directions. Thank you so much for bringing the error to our attention. I cannot apologize enough about the unsatisfactory breakfast experience. I am shocked that one of our breakfast attendants would act in such an unacceptable way. I have addressed it with all of our breakfast team members but I would love to have more information so that I can address it with the team member specifically. We do stand behind our 100% Hampton guarantee and I would be happy to refund your nights stay. We focus on service and I apologize that our team member chose not to share that focus. Thank you so much for your feedback. It will help us to improve in the future. I hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to Asheville.

Wytheville, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

I stayed one night, 2-22-13, and overall I enjoyed the experience. The room was thankfully quite, even when the air was on, and I didn't hear any other guests. Everything was very clean.

There were a few things that had been overlooked that made me think the $139.00 price was a bit steep. One, the mattress was pretty thin and didn't offer much support. Two, I was disappointed that the mattress was not sealed in a bag-it just had a standard mattress pad. Three, the shower drain was REALLY slow. All in all, a recently renovated hotel with a lot going for it, and I would probably stay there again, just not for $139.00.

Oh, and if the hotel is reading this, I personally think that your advertising about clean sheets, including post-it notes on the headboards notifying me that the sheets were clean, sends the wrong advertising message. I would expect clean sheets in a place like this, and would have never given it a second thought.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am very grateful of your compliments about the cleanliness. Due to Asheville being a destination area our rates do fluctuate depending on the season with weekend rates typically being higher than weekday rates. I am sorry to hear that you did not like our mattresses and that the tub drained slowly. I will definitely have our maintenance team look at the room you stayed in. The Hampton brand released the post it notes for hotel use in effort to advertise that the duvet covers and all bed linens are clean and fresh for each guest's arrival. There are still many hotel brands that do not wash their comforters and we want to assure our guests that we do. I am very grateful for your feedback. We will use it as a tool to improve our product and service. Thank you for being our guest. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you on your next trip to Asheville.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

We spent last weekend here for the 5th time and each stay has been more than we could ask for in a hotel. We have actually stayed at several other hotels which include the Grove Park Inn, Residences at Biltmore, Courtyard by Marriott located in the Asheville area which each of these are good establishments in their own right but the staff at Hampton Inn Tunnel Road is what makes our stay extra special. They go out of their way to make sure that all of their guests are comfortable and happy. The rooms are very clean as is the whole hotel and you can tell the staff takes pride in their work. They are genuine in their efforts to help in any way that they can including special request for breakfast items or providing the shuttle service!

Room Tip: prefer the double queen rooms but king size rooms are nice also
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for being a loyal guest. I really appreciate your warm compliments of our hotel and especially our team. I am very proud to work with such a great group of people. We understand how important vacation time is and really try to create experiences for our guests. Thank you for posting so many great photos. They will help other travelers to see our place before booking. I am grateful for your loyalty and I hope you will stay with us again soon!