“The Poormans Biltmore (in hospitality )”

Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road
Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed February 14, 2013

If home is where the heart is, you will absolutely love the accommodations and staff at the Hampton Inn off Tunnel Road. Friendly and prompt customer service is in balance with clean and spacious rooms. Situated well off the busy Tunnel Road, noise was nonexistent. As a launching pad to visiting the historic Biltmore, and downtown, the Hampton Inn is also strategically located within a short distance to dinning, shopping and a movie theater. I would like to especially acknowledge Ms Laura Francis and her crew on making our 23rd Wedding Anniversary very special. Management if you're reading this that young lady needs more responsibility, upward mobility!

Room Tip: Plan to park in the back. Parking in the front comes with a slight uphill climb combined with stairs...
1  Thank jpparker19
AndreaCoon, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you so much for writing such a glowing review for our hotel. I am honored that you chose to stay with us for such a special occasion! I am thrilled that Laura and the team helped to make your anniversary special. Laura is a great leader and I feel very fortunate to have her on my team. I will be sure to share your review with her and the rest of the team. Thank you for being our guest. We hope to see you when your travels bring you back to Asheville!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

The customer service was great and the rooms have been updated and are fresh and clean!
I stayed on the 5th floor, it was generally very quiet and the heating/cooling worked great, and no stale room odor!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank HM76

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I appreciate your compliments of our team and our renovations. I am very proud of our improvements and how well our team takes care of the property and our guests. Thank you for being our guest! We hope to see you on your next trip to Asheville!

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

clean. great service. what more u need. stayed one night on way to Florida. will stay again. fresh new renovations. was a little out of the way and ashevile can be confusing driving but well worth the confusion.

• Stayed: January 2013
AndreaCoon, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you so much for writing such a nice review of our hotel. I really appreciate your compliments on our renovations. We are very proud of the improvements and love to hear feedback from our guests. I will be sure to share your kind words about our great service with our team. Thank you for being our guest! We hope to see you when your travels bring you back to Asheville.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Hampton Inn is located approximately 2 miles from the main downtown area of Ashville. The hotel does everything right to provide guest a comfortable stay. The staff is very friendly, good breakfast, clean room, nice hot tub and pool, and comfortable beds. What else can you ask for in a hotel. We will definitely stay here again! Everyone from the maids to the shuttle driver to the front desk were genuine and looking to provide great customer service. I especially thank Patrick who helped us at the front desk, and drove us to the shuttle to the downtown area helping us find good restaurants and bars.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for writing such a warm review of our hotel. I appreciate your compliments of our breakfast, cleanliness, pool, hot tub and beds. I agree that those are vital ingredients to a great experience. I also thank you for your compliments of Patrick and the rest of our team. I am very fortunate to work with such an outstanding group of people who really give 100% to our guests. I will be sure to share your review with them. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I am seeing in someone else's review that there was a shuttle to downtown. I didn't know that until after I left, unfortunately. The hotel is very convenient to downtown, shopping, The Biltmore House, movie theaters, restaurants, etc. The staff was more friendly than any I have seen in a while, in a way that felt genuine, not forced. There was nothing that they didn't want to help you with. Although, I found that to be true of all of Asheville. There was a cheery fire in the front lobby and several groupings of chairs/sofas. I always saw people "hanging out" in the lobby with friends when I passed through. Very cozy. The rooms were clean and up-to-date. Our room was at the end of the hall, and there is no "back entrance". We had to walk all the way down the hall from the front lobby every time. This helped keep it quiet, I suppose. The breakfast buffet was free, which was one of the reasons I chose a Hampton. However, I've had better fare at other Hampton Inns. The hot food was eggs and biscuits/gravy on Day 1-- both of which I threw away and got an English Muffin. Day 2 had eggs and sausage. The sausage was good (patty-style) and I had it with another English Muffin. They had fresh cut-up fruit, which was fine, but only had 3 grapes in the whole bowl (maybe some child picked them out). Selections of Juices, Teas, etc. were all fine.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I really appreciate your kind words regarding our team. I am very proud to work with such a great group of people who truly want to take care of our guests. Thank you for your compliments of our lobby and rooms. I apologize that our breakfast didn't meet your expectations and I appreciate your feedback. I will share your review with our breakfast team and work with them to find ways to make improvements. We hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to Asheville!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stay in lots of Hamptons, but this one stands out for its friendly service, convenient location and little extras. The shuttle to downtown Asheville is a big help, because that area can get very congested, with limited parking options. Just tell them when you want to go and when you want to be picked up - easy peasy. The front desk staff knows the area very well and had all sorts of suggestions based on our interests. The smell of the pine trees that surround the property is just one more bonus.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Farewell18
AndreaCoon, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. I really appreciate your compliments of our team. I am proud of the team we have and I love to hear positive feedback from our guests. I am glad you took advantage of our free shuttle and had a great experience. I will be sure to share your review with our team in our next 'huddle'. Thank you for being our guest. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We picked this hotel based on the tripadvisor rating and it didn't let us down. The room was very clean and comfortable. We stayed in a king room on the first floor. The young man at the front desk said that all of the first floor king rooms are accessible rooms. I like the way the shower is made in them. There is no tub, but we don't use one anyway--we just use the shower. He offered for the shuttle to take us downtown when we asked about how to get there. He even gave us a list of local restaurants and on the first page there is a list of the highest rated restaurants in the area by tripadvisor. We ended up at Texas Roadhouse. Yumm. This hotel is close to everything. The Biltmore House is only about 3 miles away, the Asheville mall is about 1 mile and downtown is only about a mile farther than the mall.
We only spent one night and when we got up the next day we didn't eat the breakfast--we were eager to get back home. We have stayed at many Hampton Inns before and a lot of the time we just grab a breakfast bag to go. There weren't any sitting on the counter so my husband asked about it. The girl up front said that they don't do that on weekends.She said that they had a couple behind the desk and asked if we wanted just one. He told her that we would take both of them since there were two of us. I am not sure if they are all this way(not doing the bag breakfast on the weekends) or just this one but it kind of made us feel awkward about it. The sign didn't say that it was only offered on weekends. That was our only negative about our stay. Everything else was great!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I love hearing that you heard of us on TripAdvisor and I am thrilled that you had a great experience with us. All of our first floor kings do have great stand up shower stalls without tubs. A lot of our guests prefer these. We also have three rooms on the first floor that are accessible with roll-in showers. I am sorry if the gentleman at the desk misspoke. I also want to apologize if we in any way made you feel awkward about asking for a breakfast bag. As a brand, Hampton offers the on the run bags Monday through Friday but we almost always have some prepared on the weekends and I would never want our guests to feel uncomfortable asking us for anything. I appreciate you bringing it to my attention so that my team can see it from a different perspective. Thank you again for your time and your feedback. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you on your next visit to Asheville.