“Corner clean room”

Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road
Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed October 20, 2012

So, I am the high maintenance, need my room to be really clean, traveler. So this Hampton Inn, had my room corner clean. Even in those spots you know most hotel cleaners don't clean, they did. Awesome. The duvet is laundered fresh for your arrival. We had more than plenty towels for two guests, nice not to have to ask for more. Friendliest front desk you could want, with great dinner suggestions. This hotel is a 5-10 minute drive from downtown Asheville.
They do offer shuttle transportation which would get you downtown. We wanted to do the Arts District which is a bit farther and really spread out, so we wanted our car handy.
Breakfast is the typical Hampton Inn breakfast. Make sure you go eat at Tupelo Honey Cafe. we may have a long wait but it is worth it! The biscuits are heavenly (for my husband) Gluten free toast for me! One of the first farm to fork restaurants in the area. Posana is a totally gluten free restaurant if you are looking for one.

Room Tip: Ours was on the first floor and it was fine.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ld1128
AndreaCoon, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Thank you so much for writing such a warm review of our hotel. I really appreciate your kind words about our cleanliness and our great front desk team. Our housekeeping manager is truly exceptional and makes sure that the rooms are up to our guests standards. Our goal is to wow our guests and I am so glad we did. I will be sure to share your review with our team members! Thank you again. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Asheville.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

This hotel was excellent. The service was great, the breakfast was good, and the rooms were nice and comfortable. I'm also part of the elevator community and saw TJElevatorfan's sign in the elevator! Very nice! I would recommend this hotel to everybody!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevator tend to be quieter
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank nycbubba345

Thank you so much for writing a review for our hotel. We are so glad you stayed with us! We are so glad to have another member of the elevator community stay with us. Do you film elevators too? TJ is very special to us and we love it when other guests know who he is. Thank you for your compliments! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed at a ton of Hampton inns but I don't think I've ever paid $199/night outside a major metro v

But it was newly redone throughout. Breakfast included the normal plus scrambles eggs and sausage. Shuttle van gives you free transportation within 5 miles..,,which I don't think would get you into town where good shops and restaurants are. Nearby is Red Lobster, outback, Carrabas...

This is right off the Blue Ridge Parkway.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank jjssi

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I understand how valuable time is and appreciate your feedback about your stay with us. Our rates are highest during the fall season due to the area foliage and extremely high demand. This is the case with all of the area hotels and we make great effort to stay competitive. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our shuttle does go into town. I am sorry if there was any confusion about the driving radius. On your next stay with us we would love to take you to a restaurant in town. We hope that you will come stay with us again on your next trip to Asheville. We would love to have you as our guest.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Hampton is a Hilton product and it shows. This is really a nice hotel. Although there is no actual restaurant, amenities include a good breakfast in the lobby area and also local transportation - the hotel shuttle will take you into town (2 miles) and pick you up later; your car stays parked. The bedspread is laundered after every checkout! Most hotels hardly ever launder their bedspreads .... I should know, I used to be in the business.

Room Tip: Unbelievably CLEAN !
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gottabgone

Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our hotel. I really appreciate the compliments on our hotel and our cleanliness. I am glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy our new area shuttle. It is our newest amenity and we love to hear what our guests think about it. Thank you for staying with us! We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Asheville.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed for four nights in late Sept. The location is very convenient to all the major attractions including the downtown area and the Biltmore. They just completed a major renovation and is exceptional for a hampton Inn.
The strongest asset for this Inn is its employees. They are very personable and always have a smile and a greeting for you no matter what time day or night, and this includes housekeeping, desk, or kitchen staff. They have pre-prepared maps for all major destinations in the area as well as restaurant ideas. I would like to give special thanks to Reggie, Laura, Josh, and Edward. Thanks for making our stay in Asheville even more enjoyable.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for writing such a glowing review for our hotel. I appreciate your compliments of our team. I am very grateful for the people I work with. They have a genuine love for service. I will be sure to share your kind words with the team and show special recognition to Laura, Reggie and Josh. Thank you for staying with us! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

My wife and I just returned from 3 nights at this HI. Great location to go into town, Biltmore and Chimney Rock. Very nice clean rooms, ample breakfast and very helpful staff. Have stayed at quite a few HIs and this is one of the nicer ones. Great choice when visiting this area

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for writing such a kind review for our hotel. I am glad that our hotel location was convenient for all of your activities. I appreciate your compliments of our cleanliness, breakfast and team. We love to hear feedback from our guests. Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Asheville.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed here for several nights, and the hotel was very, very nice in every way! Loved our very spacious room with all the amentities you'd expect and need. Bed was very comfy and the staff very helpful. The breakfast was good with lots of options each morning and plenty of seating area for the guests. The hotel is close to downtown, which was very quaint and cute, lots of shops and restaurants, and very EASY access to the highway for our day trips. Was very pleased with this hotel and location! Would stay here again....

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I really appreciate the compliments on our breakfast, our beds and our team. I will be sure to share your kind words with the team. Thank you for being our guest while in Asheville. We hope to see you again soon!