“Clean,new and helpful staff”

Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road
Ranked #8 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We arrived before check in time and asked to check in early. The desk clerk was very friendly and checked us in. The room was very clean (I always take my own cleaning products and I did not have to do any cleaning to this room) and the duvet cover is freshly washed for each room. The breakfast buffet is way more than I expected. There was fruit, oatmeal, grits,eggs,french toast,waffles, breads,pastries,yougart,cereal, coffee,juice,hot chocolate and probably some other things. The staff working the breakfast were friendly and did a great job keeping everything full and clean. The first morning we went to leave our truck had a flat tire. We went to the front desk and the shuttle driver told us the hotel had a air compressor. They were able to inflate the tire and we drove to Firestone where they replaced the valve stem. There is a shuttle to downtown (we did not use this service). Hotel is very convient to downtown and Biltmore. We will stay here next time we are in Asheville.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MustangBella
AndreaCoon, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and for sharing your compliments! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate your compliments of our housekeeping and breakfast teams. I will be sure to share with them. I can imagine how stressful it would be to have car troubles in an unfamiliar town and I am thrilled that we were able to help you get to a service station. We hope you will come see us again soon! Thank you again!

Andrea Coon

Write a ReviewReviews (1,585)

Reviewed September 20, 2012

When they built this hotel they forgot two things - People need to easily get from the hotel to the cars, especially in a thunder shower. The doors of the hotel are nowhere near easy access to the carparks.
Entry access to the hotel can be fun when the road outside is busy.
The elevator is slow. Most people seemed to take the stairs. We were at the far end of the hotel from this elevator. When we were about to take our luggage down for checkout, a staff member pointed out a second elevator just around the corner from our room. No signs or directions from the front desk.
Otherwise, it was a Hampton Inn

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TorontoTimTim

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I apologize that you were not informed of our second elevator. I appreciate you bringing it to my attention so that I can prevent this guest experience in the future. Our goal is to wow every guest who stays with us and it is feedback from our guests that help us reach our goal. We would love another opportunity to serve you on future travels to Asheville. Thank you for being our guest!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Hampton Inn on Tunnel Road was a great hotel for our visit to the Biltmore Estate. They are about a 10 drive to the estate grounds. All areas were clean. The breakfast staff was phenomenal. Not a spot of spilt milk remained 2 minutes after it was dropped!
I found the bedrooms clean and the beds comfortable, as well.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ohlatxnc
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words about our breakfast team. I will be sure to share your compliments with them! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the rooms clean and the beds comfortable. Thank you for being our guest! We hope to see you on your next trip to the Asheville area.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in the early September.
The staff at the front desk was smiling and helpfull.
Our King room was nice and clean, as was the bathroom.
We enjoyed the covered pool, the only downfall was that the water was a bit cold. There is also a jacuzzi which is hot and great!
The hotel has a free shuttle that can drive you downtown Asheville so you don't have to take your car and pay the parking lot.
Like usual in Hampton Inn hotels : free wifi and breakfast which I always love.
I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank pilou27

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you were not thrilled with our location. But I am very glad that you enjoyed the hotel itself, the staff, breakfast, Wi-Fi and our new area shuttle. Thank you for the compliments and for being our guest during your trip to Asheville. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you soon!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed here for one night in August and thought it was almost perfect! It was a last minute decision to drive all the way to Asheville and stay for the night as we originally planned finishing our drive there in the morning. We were very happy with that decision! I don't think we have ever had better service at a hotel by all the staff, from the desk to the cleaning staff! The room was a nice size and very clean. They provided water and some snacks in the room, which was a huge hit with the kids. The breakfast was good in the morning, the usual items you find at the complimentary breakfasts (waffles, cereal, yogurt, fruit, eggs etc.). If I had one complaint, it would only be that the fitness center is too small - only three machines, so we had to wait to use them. With that said though, the machines were in great condition and had TVs on them, which I love. We would definitely stay here again and recommend you do the same!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kimf

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I really appreciate the compliments on the service that the team provided during your stay. We strive to really WOW our guests with service and I am so glad we did. I will be sure to share your review with the team. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will come stay with us again soon!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

A well-managed property, with a nice pool and patio area. The staff was very welcoming and responsive. (The jackets we'd left in our room were mailed to us promptly after we phoned when we realized our mistake.) A plus: a hotel shuttle for guests to get downtown, etc. We didn't use it, but seemed like a nice idea since this hotel isn't really walking distance to the Asheville or Biltmore Village "scene." I must say that the breakfast area is too small for the number of guests this hotel can accommodate--especially when everyone on a youth sports team is eating there at the same time. Both mornings we were there, it was pretty chaotic and there was no place for us to sit. But, not sure what the hotel could do about that, other than building an addition. We liked how the staff was so earnest about doing a good job--coming to the rescue when the cereal dispenser jammed! One suggestion: they could used some shade/shelter on the patio, like an umbrella table or two, or some kind of awning. I would recommend this hotel especially for families.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am so glad that we were able to get your belongings to you after you left. That happens quite a bit and we understand the importance of getting it back timely. Thank you for your compliments of the team. I love how you said "the staff is earnest about doing a good job." We really do strive to WOW our guests and it makes us feel so great when guests like you point out the efforts. Thank you! I am very sorry that breakfast was crowded both mornings you were there. There are certain times that seem to be very popular and it does get chaotic. When you come visit us again I would suggest having breakfast in the pool area or at the pool patio. Both have great views and are very quiet in the morning hours. Thank you for staying with us! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

My wife & I stayed at the Hampton Inn Tunnel Rd. What a great stay at a great hotel. Completly renovated a few years ago. The room was great. Bed comfortable. Bathroom & shower ver nice & roomy. We had an excellant check in. A free schutle to Downtown Asville. Indoor pool. Breakfast was great & hot. Our room was well taken care off and it is in a great location. Right outside of Dowtown Ashville. Rooms with a great view of the mountains. I cannot praise this hotel enough.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JoeSchwartz

Thank you so much for writing such a warm review of our hotel. I am so glad that you got to enjoy all of our amenities! I am thrilled that you like our improvements. We just finished our renovation a few months ago and we are really proud of our new place. Thank you again for all the compliments! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!