“Glad we chose this one!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road

Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road
Ranked #6 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Georgia
“Glad we chose this one!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

We only stayed here one night but were very pleased. The hotel and the grounds were clean, neat and appealing. The staff was nice especially Patrick who drove us to town on the shuttle. He had a great personality and made us laugh all the way! The beds were soooo comfortable....even more so than the 4 Diamond B&B we stayed at after we left. The only negative... and its not a biggie... but I approached an empty front desk upon check-in. Stood there for a bit before someone finally appeared. I think she was an assistant manager, pleasant but not especially friendly. Anyway, it was fine overall and I would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank margaritaontherocks
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you got to take advantage of our area shuttle. It is our newest amenity and I really enjoy getting feedback from our guests. I am glad that you enjoyed your time with Patrick. He is very entertaining! I will be sure to share your compliments with him.
Thank you for also sharing your disappointments. This feedback is very valuable in our efforts to continually improve. I am terribly sorry that you found our desk empty at check-in. This is not standard for us. I am also disappointed that the Assistant Manager was not especially friendly. Again, this is not standard for us. We strive to always exceeded our guests expectations especially on service and I am sorry that we missed our mark during your check-in experience. I have addressed this review with both of my assistant managers in hopes that this will not happen in the future. Thank you for being our guest! I hope that you will stay with us on your next trip to Asheville.

Andrea Coon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Enjoyed a week long business trip stay at this property. Everyone was very helpful. I was not going to make breakfast at all during the week as I would be on my way each day before the 6am opening. But, when I went down to get coffee at 4:30am, I found the coffee fresh, and the breakfast room open with cold cereal, fruit, bread and rolls available - OUTSTANDING!! The morning staff was awesome and very attentive especially Jordan and the overnight security guard. The only reason I did not give it a 5 - front parking requires a little hill to navigate so park in the flat back lot and go in the side entrance. Also, there is no left turn going on to the main road which requires going right and making a Uturn at some point. Restaurants and an Ingles (great salad and olive bar) are to the right. More restaurants and a mall to the left. Very convenient to the highway

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am very glad to hear that the team accommodated your breakfast needs before breakfast hours. We understand that schedules vary especially while traveling and we try to be flexible whenever possible. For future trips, we also have on the go breakfast bags available at the front desk during the week. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to Jordan and Glen (security). They will love hearing the positive feedback. Thank you for being our guest! We hope to see you on your next trip to the Asheville area.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed for a week in August. Check in was quick and staff friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was excellent each morning and the breakfast staff accomodating in providing extra food items if requested. We used the shuttle often and the shuttle drivers were all excellent. I would highly recommended this Hampton Inn and look forward to staying again in the future. Special praise and thanks to Reggie, Kenneth and Bo.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank NycCarolyn
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a warm review of our hotel. I am very glad that you had such a great stay with us. Thank you for your compliments of the rooms, breakfast and our shuttle. The free local shuttle is our newest amenity and I love hearing feedback from our guests. I will also be sure to share your compliments with Reggie, Kenneth and Bo. They will be delighted with your thanks and praise. Thank you for being our guest. We hope to see you on your next trip to Asheville.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stayed here for one night in August. The room was fine although somewhat noisy. We were told that there was a shuttle into town, but we drove in anyway and parking was fairly easy. Overall I would stay there again. I've had good experiences with Hampton Inn in a number of places.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Beached56
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I hate to hear that your room was noisy during your stay. Feedback from our guests is vital to our success and helps us to prevent the same issues in the future. I would appreciate more information about the noises to hopefully be able to find a solution. We strive to 'wow' every guest who stays with us and I am disappointed that we fell a little short during your stay. We would love another opportunity to serve you during your next trip to Asheville. I would also be happy to personally make your next reservations to ensure that you have a quiet room. Thank you again!

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

I would have given this Hampton an excellent rating except for one thing. The noise from the pool was very loud in our room which over looked the pool. Next time we will get a room not facing the pool. Everything else was very good. The breakfast was really good. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want to go to sleep early, get a room away from the pool.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am so sorry that you were disturbed by the noise from the indoor pool. We very strictly enforce the pool hours from 8 am - 10 pm in an effort to minimize the disruption to the guests who have rooms adjoining the pool area. We understand that these rooms do not meet the needs of some of our guests and change guests to other rooms whenever it is brought to our attention. I would love for you to stay with us again on your next trip to the Asheville area. Please feel free to call me when you plan your next visit. I would like to personally make your next reservation. Thank you for being our guest! We hope to see you soon.

Lewes, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed here for 3 days wile visiting our granddaughter and I just can't say enough about the hotel. It was completely renovated in November and is just beautiful. The staff was so friendly, the lobby was relaxing and the breakfast offered a wide variety. The room was a tad small (319) but we weren't in it that much. The best was the pool and hot tub with a mountain view. Loved it and so did my granddaughter. And the cookies in the afternoon were delicious and a great touch. This was the best Hampton I have ever stayed in.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank alpLewes
Thank you so much for writing such a warm review of our hotel. We love hearing such positive reviews from our guests. We are so proud of our recent renovations and I am so glad that you were impressed with them as well. Our pool and spa are the perfect place to relax and I am glad that you and your granddaughter took the time to enjoy it! Thank you for being our guest. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Asheville!

Opelika, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed here August 5-9; we were extremely pleased with our stay. The hotel is very clean and well kept. The pool and hot tub area were great, and we also enjoyed sitting in the rocking chairs on the patio area at night. The breakfast was good, always well stocked. We took advantage of the hotel shuttle to the downtown area, so that we did not have to worry about finding parking downtown. We called the front desk to make the arrangements, they dropped us off and when we were ready to come back, we just called the front desk and they sent the shuttle to pick up us. Liked having fridge/microwave in room also. We will absolutely stay at this property again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tigercub
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am very glad that you had such a great stay. I appreciate the compliments of our breakfast, pool, spa and patio areas. I am so glad that you had the opportunity to take advantage of our area shuttle. It is our newest amenity and I love hearing feedback from the guests who use it. I will be sure to share your compliments with our team. Thank you for being our guest! We hope to see you again soon!