“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #5 of 65 Hotels in Asheville
Opelika, Alabama
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed here August 5-9; we were extremely pleased with our stay. The hotel is very clean and well kept. The pool and hot tub area were great, and we also enjoyed sitting in the rocking chairs on the patio area at night. The breakfast was good, always well stocked. We took advantage of the hotel shuttle to the downtown area, so that we did not have to worry about finding parking downtown. We called the front desk to make the arrangements, they dropped us off and when we were ready to come back, we just called the front desk and they sent the shuttle to pick up us. Liked having fridge/microwave in room also. We will absolutely stay at this property again.

2 Thank tigercub
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am very glad that you had such a great stay. I appreciate the compliments of our breakfast, pool, spa and patio areas. I am so glad that you had the opportunity to take advantage of our area shuttle. It is our newest amenity and I love hearing feedback from the guests who use it. I will be sure to share your compliments with our team. Thank you for being our guest! We hope to see you again soon!

Andrea Coon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I have stayed at many Hiltons, Merriotts, Hyatts and other first class hotels. This Hampton Inn has been more accomodating than any of them I have ever visited. This was my first experience there and I would not stay any where else the next time I am visiting Asheville. This is the first time that I have felt strong about giving some one a compliment for not having missed a trick to make a guest feel better than home. Thanks for all of your detailed care !!!!.
Siegfried Gerstung

Room Tip: Just go to the front desk, they are so helpful and caring. I assume that all the rooms are beautiful...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Siegfried G
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am so grateful for the wonderful compliments of our team. I am very proud of the group of people who work with me. They have a passion for serving people and do a great job. I love hearing such warm feedback from our guests! I will be sure to share your compliments with the team. Thank you again for your time and for being our guest. We can't wait to see you on your next trip to Asheville!

Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed a weekend August 3-5. Have to say, the most comfy bed I have ever stayed in with a hotel. Amenities were plentiful and staff was great. The only downfall was the crowding of the parking lot, we couldn't find a space Saturday evening, but we asked the concierge what we could do. He said to park in the front entry way, so overall a great experience with Hampton Inn! Also, area is about 2 miles from the downtown area, where there are tons of restaurants, street entertainment, and shops.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I appreciate the compliments of our beds, amenities and team. I am so sorry that you had trouble finding parking when you arrived. We do not usually have that complaint. Our security guard does rounds of our parking lot and tries to resolve any potential parking issues before they have a negative impact on our guests. I apologize that you had this inconvenience at the end of a day of traveling. Thank you for bringing it to our attention so that we can help prevent this in the future. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you on your next trip to the Asheville area.

Virginia
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed here three nights and had a great stay. The hotel is very clean and the staff is friendly and helpful. Would highly recommend this hotel and liked the way it was set back from the road. The location is great as it is close to the downtown area, Whole Foods Market is close by, so you can stock up on the good stuff!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Robert E
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. Thank you for your compliments of our location, cleanliness and service. We love to hear feedback from our guests! On your next visit I hope you will have the opportunity to try our new area shuttle. It is the newest addition to our amenities and will take you anywhere within a five mile radius of the hotel (including whole foods). We hope to see you again soon!

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This hotel has exteme attention to detail. My wife is very picky, and the hotel exceeded our expectations. They were constantly cleaning and dusting parts of the rooms and lobby that would never be seen by customer eyes. Their dedication is very outstanding! The front desk was very helpful in serving our every need.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank andrew m
Thank you so much for the compliments on our cleanliness and service! We strive to WOW all of our guests and I am thrilled that we reached our goal with you and your wife. I will be sure to share your compliments with the team. Positive feedback from our guests is a great motivator to keep giving it our all. I appreciate the time you took to write a review for us! We hope to see you on your next trip to Asheville!

Grove City
Reviewed August 4, 2012

The hotel is clean and seems new. The beds are comfy and the hotel clerks are friendly and helpful. Patrick and Bland were two of the people at the Asheville Hampton Inn who drove the shuttle that takes you downtown and they were very friendly and fun to chat with on the way.

1 Thank Shasters P
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We appreciate your loyalty to Hampton and for choosing to stay with us on your trip to Asheville. I am so glad that you enjoyed our area shuttle and will be sure to share your compliments with Bland and Patrick. We hope to see you again soon!

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

Currently staying at the Hampon Inn here on Tunnel Road for a three day stay. Wonderful clean and obviously relatively new accommodations! Great breakfast! The location is within a few miles of downtown Asheville and, of course, The Biltmore Estate. The rooms are larger than usual with in room microwave and refrig. Oh, and there is a shuttle service to any location within 5 miles. I didn't realize there was a pool.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Norma M
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the compliments on our cleanliness and new renovations. We love the additions of the microwaves and refrigerators and are glad to hear you like them as well. I hope you had the opportunity to use our complimentary area shuttle. It is the newest of our amenities and we love the feedback we are getting on it. We are grateful that you chose to stay with us during your trip to Asheville. We hope to see you again soon!