“Gets everything right.”

Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road
Ranked #9 of 68 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I've taken to preferring Hamptons when I travel because the beds are always comfortable and the service excellent. This Hampton is no different, but they also have a shuttle that will take you from the hotel to downtown Asheville. So, you can go have dinner, stroll around downtown, and give them a ring and they'll come pick you up from wherever you are, free of charge. It's a fantastic service, and just reinforces my bias that Hampton Inn gets it right.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Morpheus1041
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thank you so much for your loyalty to Hampton and for taking the time to write such a great review for our hotel. I am thrilled that you had the opportunity to use our new shuttle service and had such a positive experience. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you on your next trip to Asheville.

Andrea Coon

Write a ReviewReviews (1,609)

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for work, but am considering it as my first choice next time I visit Asheville for fun, as well. The hotel is new, clean and the pool is indoors. The best thing is that it offers a free shuttle into town. They take you there, you call them and they pick you up. You might save hundreds of dollars staying here, versus downtown and the rooms, in my opinion are nicer than some of the $200+ rooms.

Room Tip: I always stay on a higher floor away from the elevator and I would also stay on the back side, if po...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Cyclist76
Management response:Responded July 14, 2012

Thank you so much for writing such a complimentary review for our hotel. We would love to have you stay with us on all of your travels to the Asheville area. I am thrilled that you had the opportunity to take advantage of our new area shuttle service. We are so glad that it is such a huge benefit to our guests. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you on your next trip to Asheville.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Good location, close to Biltmore, downtown and folk art center. The room was quiet and large enough for 3. The pool and hot tub were clean and enjoyable. But the best thing about this place are the employees. They bend over backwards to help you. Not used to this in a chain hotel. They get menus of takeout & deliver places for you, advise on which one to choose (and they were right), give precise and detailed directions--I never got lost. And they actually refill the breakfast bar for you kindly and courteously, ask you if you got everything and clear your table. They even have a shuttle which we didn't get to use. Who's ever managing this staff should be cloned and promoted to executive at Hilton Hotels. I will definitely stay here again and advise you to do the same.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank chazb0
Management response:Responded July 14, 2012

Wow! What a great review! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. Thank you for the compliments of our team. I am very proud of them. They have a true passion for people and service and I am honored to work with them. I will definately share your review during a team huddle. It is great incentive to keep doing what they do. It helps to know that we are on the right track. I am so greatful for your kind words. Thank you!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Recently, I had the pleasure of staying at the Hampton Inn on Tunnel Road in Asheville, NC. I was completely amazed at the quality of the lobby decor, attractiveness and comfort of the rooms and overall experience. This place will remind you of a first-class Marriott....no kidding. And the staff was absolutely fantastic...especially the front desk and reservations staff. This hotel doesn't disappoint in any way. What a find! My business does a lot of marketing work for hotels around the country (not this one though, unfortunately) so I've seen my fair share of hotels. This property ranks right at the top!

Room Tip: Since the hotel is set back from the road, just about any room would be a good choice!
2  Thank HalleCleveland
Management response:Responded July 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our hotel. I am so glad that you had such a wonderful experience with us. We are very excited about our improvements and are glad that you like our new decor. Thank you for your compliments of our team. They are a great group of people and I will be sure to share your review with them. We hope you will be our guest again soon!

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Hard to get overly excited about a Hampton, but this one is superb Very friendly staff. Check in took about 1 minute. Room Is immaculate. King suite with sofabed and kitchenette. Room was extremely clean. About a 5-10 min drive to Biltmore Estate and Asheville. Many restaurants and fast food within walking distance. absolutely would stay again.

2  Thank Ben C
Management response:Responded July 14, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We love hearing feedback from our guests. Thank you for your compliments on check in and the cleanliness and comfort of your room. I am glad that you found our location convenient to Biltmore Estate, downtown and nearby restaurants. We hope that you will visit us and our beautiful city again soon.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

We had a truly lovely stay in this recently-renovated Hampton Inn. Very friendly and helpful staff--from front desk to breakfast crew. Kenneth and Tarika were especially wonderful, and were great ambassadors for Asheville and this hotel. Free on-request shuttle to and from town made it safe and possible to take full advantage of "America's Beer Capital." Room was spacious, spotless, and comfortable. Large fridge with freezer was a great help. An excellent hotel that we can whole-hardheartedly recommend to others.

2  Thank DeenaBarlev
Management response:Responded July 14, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am so glad that you like our newly renovated rooms. We are so excited about the improvements and think that the microwave and refrigerator are great upgrades. We love to hear our guest's feedback. Thank you so much for the compliments of our breakfast team, Kenneth and Tarika. They are definitely huge assets to our team. They really have a heart for service. I am thrilled that you took advantage of our new complimentary area shuttle and that you had such a great experience and found it to be such a benefit. Thank you again for your time. We hope to see you on your next trip to Asheville.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

We rode our motorcycles in from Arkansas to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway, and wanted someplace centrally located. We decided to stay at this Hampton Inn and were not disappointed. The staff was lovely...very friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious and very clean, and included both a fridge and microwave. The beds were comfortable (like all Hamptons) and the linens soft and comfortable, and the rooms really quiet. They had a wonderful indoor pool, a small business center with computer/printer, and a great fitness room. On top of that, this Hampton is really well located...convenient to both downtown and the Parkway! The only negative I'd have is that the breakfast is definitely meat-heavy, as the eggs were scrambled with meat in them. However, they were gracious enough to bring me eggs without meat (obviously, I'm vegetarian). But. I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Massdane
Management response:Responded July 14, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It sounds like an amazing trip. The Blue Ridge Parkway is such a popular ride for motorcyclists and I can definitely see why. It is gorgeous. I am glad that you found our location convenient and that you enjoyed our hotel. Thank you for your compliments of our team. We strive to 'wow' all of our guests with great service. Being a vegetarian myself, I try to teach all of my breakfast staff to accommodate different dietary needs and to always offer alternatives when we are told about diet restrictions. I am glad that the breakfast team offered you eggs without meat. When you come back to Asheville please feel free to call me personally and I will make sure that we have some alternatives ready for your visit. We hope to see you soon!