“A lovely place to stay”

Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road
Ranked #9 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We rode our motorcycles in from Arkansas to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway, and wanted someplace centrally located. We decided to stay at this Hampton Inn and were not disappointed. The staff was lovely...very friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious and very clean, and included both a fridge and microwave. The beds were comfortable (like all Hamptons) and the linens soft and comfortable, and the rooms really quiet. They had a wonderful indoor pool, a small business center with computer/printer, and a great fitness room. On top of that, this Hampton is really well located...convenient to both downtown and the Parkway! The only negative I'd have is that the breakfast is definitely meat-heavy, as the eggs were scrambled with meat in them. However, they were gracious enough to bring me eggs without meat (obviously, I'm vegetarian). But. I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Massdane
Management response:Responded July 14, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It sounds like an amazing trip. The Blue Ridge Parkway is such a popular ride for motorcyclists and I can definitely see why. It is gorgeous. I am glad that you found our location convenient and that you enjoyed our hotel. Thank you for your compliments of our team. We strive to 'wow' all of our guests with great service. Being a vegetarian myself, I try to teach all of my breakfast staff to accommodate different dietary needs and to always offer alternatives when we are told about diet restrictions. I am glad that the breakfast team offered you eggs without meat. When you come back to Asheville please feel free to call me personally and I will make sure that we have some alternatives ready for your visit. We hope to see you soon!

Andrea Coon

Write a ReviewReviews (1,592)

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Enough said! Location, room, lobby, all wonderful!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Jason F
Management response:Responded July 14, 2012

Thank you so much for writing a review for our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed your experience with us. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you on your next trip to the Asheville area.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

My experience with this hotel started when I called to make my reservation. The gentleman on the phone was very helpful with not only our reservations but also information about the Biltmore and his travels down the Blue Ridge Parkway with his mother. What a gentleman!
When we arrived after traveling all day on the Parkway, we were greated by very friendly staff, a free evening meal, and a very clean and nice hotel. Our king size studio suite was plenty big for our two teenagers who travel with air matresses instead of using the pull out couch. After a good night sleep and free breakfast we headed off to the Biltmore ( the front desk sells only 2 day tickets so if you are going only one day then get them at the Biltmore). Second day breakfast had a nice variety from the first and food staff did a good job of keeping the food supplied and the tables cleaned. Avoid breakfast around 9:00 on weekends because all tables will be full. Also note higher prices on Friday and Saturday nights which appears to be typical for most hotels in Ashville.

Room Tip: only one elevator so ask for room near the elevator if you have difficulty with distances
1  Thank Ksg-Houston
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I just wanted to take the time to complement the entire staff at the Tunnel Road location. We could not have had a nicer stay or ever have in all of the times we have traveled. There were a few exceptional people who were friendly, professional, warm, and were willing to help in any way. We were greeted at the desk by Robbie Russell who was able to let us know all that was offered in our stay there. Our shuttles into Asheville were manned by Kenneth, Patrick and Reggie, all three young men were unbelieve in their kindness, good manners, and sense of humor. They made our stay memorable and wanting us to return to Asheville! Thank You Everyone for the fantastic experience!!!

Room Tip: We had a third floor room facing the south side and it was cool and quiet!
2  Thank Eileen L
Management response:Responded July 14, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a warm review for our hotel. I am thrilled that you got to enjoy our new shuttle service and had such a great experience. I will be sure to share your compliments with Robbie, Reggie, Patrick and Kenneth. We love to hear the feedback from our guests. We hope to see you in Asheville again soon!

Reviewed June 17, 2012

the staff were very nice - the hotel smelled like fresh paint and looked to be a fairly new place.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank littlegirltree
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! I appreciate your compliments of our staff and our new rooms! We hope to have another opportunity to serve you on your next trip to the Asheville area!

Reviewed June 16, 2012

I am writing this review about the fantastic and exceptional stay we had at the Hampton Inn Tunnel Road. It all started with Kayla at the Front Desk, she was awesome with friendliness and customer service. Then we met Andrea Coon, the General Manager, she went out of her way to my Nephew TJ Burns in his quest to film hotel elevators for his web site and to make him feel welcome. This outstanding customer service sets the example for all Hampton Inns and will keep me using Hampton Inn as my hotel of choice. Thanks again! Wendell Williams room 402

1  Thank Brenda W
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Hampton Inn is always a favorite when i travel with the family. This one is exceptional, not only the usuals amenities, pool, gym & of course the breakfast on the house but the staff is well trained and very courtuous paying attention to details and of course have plenty of suggestions to fill your days with family fun. I like the location because it is minutes away from everything and easy access to the main road. The rooms are big and very comfortable. This one will be our place to stay when in the area!

1  Thank Francois A
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Thank you for being loyal to Hampton and for taking the time to write such a warm review. I am glad that you got to enjoy the pool, gym and breakfast while you were here. Thank you so much for the compliments of our team. I am proud of the team we have and the detail they put into serving the great people that stay with us. Thank you for being our guest. We hope to see you soon!