1,717 results
All reviewstunnel roadbreakfast staffshuttle serviceindoor poolfree shuttlecomplimentary breakfastfront desk staffthe breakfast areaclean roomswafflescookieswould definitely stay here againa great stayconvenient locationbiltmore estatevery nice hotelfire pit
Reviewed May 22, 2012

My wife, 5 month old son, and I had a pleasant weekend stay in Asheville last weekend. It was our third trip to our favorite city in Western NC, but our first stay at the Hampton Inn on Tunnel Road. This hotel just went through a complete remodeling project and we found it to be immaculately clean. Our room had a very comfortable king size bed with quality linens. We appreciated the clean, modern, and safe playpen for our son that the hotel provided. I was able to get some work done on the desk in our room and their high speed wireless internet connection was simple to log into.
One of the premiere attractions in Asheville is the Biltmore House and we purchased our tickets at the front desk of the hotel. Not only did we save time by avoiding the ticket line at the Biltmore property, we saved money on two-day passes. We spent two mornings on the property (first touring the home, then the expansive gardens) and, in my opinion, that is the ideal way to explore the property.
What really separated this hotel from so many others my wife and I have visited was the staff. For example, the housekeeper saw my family leave our room for the elevator and offered to clean our room out of order if we were returning for my son's (and wife's ;-) ) afternoon nap. The breakfast attendants and the staff at the front desk were equally as accommodating.
I would recommend this hotel to a friend, and it will be my first choice when we return to Asheville.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank James P
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review for our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our renovations. We are so excited about the improvements and love to hear feedback from our guests. Thank you for your warm compliments of our team. It makes me very proud to hear such positive remarks. Thank you again! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 22, 2012

My wife and I love Hampton Inn and we try to stay in them every chance we get. Had yet another great experience, just wish it was closer to the Biltmore!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. Thank you for being loyal to Hampton and for giving us the opportunity to serve you. I am glad that you had a great experience with us. We hope to see you on your next trip to Asheville!

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Enjoyed the stay here - hotel was nice and clean, room was comfortable. Staff was very friendly, always like the Hampton breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KPBAtl

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and the newly renovated rooms. Thank you for your compliments on our team and the breakfast! We hope to see you on your next trip to Asheville!

Reviewed May 19, 2012

This is a great hotel! Updated and close to a lot of restaurants. The staff was amazing also!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bill M

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed our new renovations and our great location! We are very excited about all of the improvements and love to hear feedback from our guests. Thank you for your compliment to the staff! I will be sure to share your review with the team. We hope to see you on your next trip to Asheville!

Reviewed May 16, 2012

We had reservations at Homewood Suites Tunnel Road, when we arrived at 3:30pm we were informed that our room had a flooding issue and they had no other rooms available. We had reserved 2 queens and sofa bed. Robbie the hotel manager at Homewood Suites was very concerned and quickly found us a similar room in Hampton Inn Tunnel Road. We had a large room at Hampton Inn with 2 queens and sofa bed, the breakfast was amazing, parking good, and staff at Hampton Inn very accommodating. Checkout time at 12noon gave us more time to see Asheville.

Room Tip: The sofa bed wasn't very comfortable for my 28 year old nephew.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank travelingal49

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am glad that Homewood Suites sent you to us and that you had a great experience in Asheville. Thank you for the compliments you shared about our team and our breakfast. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you on your next trip to Asheville!