“Exceeded my expectations!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Dartmouth, Massachusetts
“Exceeded my expectations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

My wife, 5 month old son, and I had a pleasant weekend stay in Asheville last weekend. It was our third trip to our favorite city in Western NC, but our first stay at the Hampton Inn on Tunnel Road. This hotel just went through a complete remodeling project and we found it to be immaculately clean. Our room had a very comfortable king size bed with quality linens. We appreciated the clean, modern, and safe playpen for our son that the hotel provided. I was able to get some work done on the desk in our room and their high speed wireless internet connection was simple to log into.
One of the premiere attractions in Asheville is the Biltmore House and we purchased our tickets at the front desk of the hotel. Not only did we save time by avoiding the ticket line at the Biltmore property, we saved money on two-day passes. We spent two mornings on the property (first touring the home, then the expansive gardens) and, in my opinion, that is the ideal way to explore the property.
What really separated this hotel from so many others my wife and I have visited was the staff. For example, the housekeeper saw my family leave our room for the elevator and offered to clean our room out of order if we were returning for my son's (and wife's ;-) ) afternoon nap. The breakfast attendants and the staff at the front desk were equally as accommodating.
I would recommend this hotel to a friend, and it will be my first choice when we return to Asheville.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank James P
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review for our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our renovations. We are so excited about the improvements and love to hear feedback from our guests. Thank you for your warm compliments of our team. It makes me very proud to hear such positive remarks. Thank you again! We hope to see you again soon!

Andrea Coon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

My wife and I love Hampton Inn and we try to stay in them every chance we get. Had yet another great experience, just wish it was closer to the Biltmore!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. Thank you for being loyal to Hampton and for giving us the opportunity to serve you. I am glad that you had a great experience with us. We hope to see you on your next trip to Asheville!

Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

Enjoyed the stay here - hotel was nice and clean, room was comfortable. Staff was very friendly, always like the Hampton breakfast.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KPBAtl
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and the newly renovated rooms. Thank you for your compliments on our team and the breakfast! We hope to see you on your next trip to Asheville!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

This is a great hotel! Updated and close to a lot of restaurants. The staff was amazing also!

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bill M
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed our new renovations and our great location! We are very excited about all of the improvements and love to hear feedback from our guests. Thank you for your compliment to the staff! I will be sure to share your review with the team. We hope to see you on your next trip to Asheville!

Fort Lauderdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

We had reservations at Homewood Suites Tunnel Road, when we arrived at 3:30pm we were informed that our room had a flooding issue and they had no other rooms available. We had reserved 2 queens and sofa bed. Robbie the hotel manager at Homewood Suites was very concerned and quickly found us a similar room in Hampton Inn Tunnel Road. We had a large room at Hampton Inn with 2 queens and sofa bed, the breakfast was amazing, parking good, and staff at Hampton Inn very accommodating. Checkout time at 12noon gave us more time to see Asheville.

Room Tip: The sofa bed wasn't very comfortable for my 28 year old nephew.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank travelingal49
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am glad that Homewood Suites sent you to us and that you had a great experience in Asheville. Thank you for the compliments you shared about our team and our breakfast. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you on your next trip to Asheville!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

When a friend of mine made these reservations I wasn't so sure about staying here. When we came through the main lobby on 5-9-12 it all changed for the better. I will start by saying how "Sparkling" clean the hotel is. Love the advertisement in elevator about clean bed linen, we felt like our room was a five star hotel. The comforters, sheets, and pillows that came along all went back to the car. Last but not least we want to say thank you to the friendly staff at Hampton Inn Tunnel Road.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Pgh6676
First, let me say that I love your review title! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am glad that we had the opportunity to serve you and thrilled that you felt like you were in a five star hotel. Our goal is to WOW each guest and I am glad we reached that goal during your stay. Thank you for being our guest! We hope to see you again on your next trip to the Asheville area.

Pawleys Island, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

This hotel has much to commend it - very clean and up-to-date, great beds, nice location and most staff were very friendly. However, the walls between the rooms and the hallway are so thin that it sounds like the people in the hall are in the room with you! Sometimes, hotels have a bathroom fan that provides white noise to drown out sound but that was not an option here. The other less than positive points were very slow Internet and not very hot water for showers. The young man who checked us in was fairly efficient but less than friendly.

Overall, it was not the best Hampton I have stayed in - especially for the price of $134 a night.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this review, May 12, 2012
Thank you for so much for taking the time to write a review. It is our goal to 'WOW' every guest who stays with us. I am sorry that this was not the case during your stay with us. I appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention so that I can make this better for future stays. If you will contact me at the hotel I would like to find a resolution. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you on your next trip to Asheville.