My wife, 5 month old son, and I had a pleasant weekend stay in Asheville last weekend. It was our third trip to our favorite city in Western NC, but our first stay at the Hampton Inn on Tunnel Road. This hotel just went through a complete remodeling project and we found it to be immaculately clean. Our room had a very comfortable king size bed with quality linens. We appreciated the clean, modern, and safe playpen for our son that the hotel provided. I was able to get some work done on the desk in our room and their high speed wireless internet connection was simple to log into.
One of the premiere attractions in Asheville is the Biltmore House and we purchased our tickets at the front desk of the hotel. Not only did we save time by avoiding the ticket line at the Biltmore property, we saved money on two-day passes. We spent two mornings on the property (first touring the home, then the expansive gardens) and, in my opinion, that is the ideal way to explore the property.
What really separated this hotel from so many others my wife and I have visited was the staff. For example, the housekeeper saw my family leave our room for the elevator and offered to clean our room out of order if we were returning for my son's (and wife's ;-) ) afternoon nap. The breakfast attendants and the staff at the front desk were equally as accommodating.
I would recommend this hotel to a friend, and it will be my first choice when we return to Asheville.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whatever brings you to wonderful and rare Asheville we're eager to have you stay with us at the Hampton Inn® Asheville-I-240 Tunnel Rd. We are perfectly and conveniently nestled amongst all of Asheville's most popular attractions, including the world famous Biltmore Estate and winery, historic downtown Asheville, and America's most scenic byway--the Blue Ridge Parkway. Once you've arrived at our hotel, you'll enjoy a lot of great amenities waiting for you in your room, including free high-speed internet access in every guest room, handy lap desks, and 32" HD flat-screen televisions. Our recently renovated Perfect Mix Lobby is a perfect marriage of vibrantly blended colors, creating a perfect space to mingle with friends, watch the big game on the oversized HD flat-screen television, or finish up the day's business on plush sofas or the communal table. Our guests also enjoy our complimentary On the House™ hot breakfast, featuring a variety of hot breakfast items and fresh Belgian waffles. If you're looking for relaxation, splash down in our newly renovated indoor pool, melt the day's stress away in our whirlpool spa or maintain your healthy lifestyle in our state of the art fitness center featuring all new Precor® equipment. When you're ready for some rest, hunker down for the night in our comfiest amenity yet, our Clean and Fresh Hampton Bed™. Come and experience for yourself the splendor of the Blue Ridge Mountains at the newly renovated Hampton Inn® Asheville-I-240 Tunnel Rd. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct and Orbitz so you can book your Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Tunnel Road Hotel Asheville
- Hampton Inn Asheville Tunnel Rd
- Asheville Hampton Inn