“Business / overnight stay”

Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road
Ranked #6 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
High Point, North Carolina
“Business / overnight stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012 via mobile

This property has been recently renovated. The rooms are good size all new make over and the bed was very comply. The staff is very nice and friendly and go out of thier way to help and accommodate you. After I checked into my room the front desk clerk ( Kenneth ) called up to the room to make sure that everything was ok. The breakfast each morning has a great selection and everything was fresh and very good. Again thanks for great service and I would highly recommend this place for overnight travel.

Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Tarheel-2629
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am so glad that you like our new look. We are very proud of the improvements that were made. Thank you for the compliments on our team and our breakfast. I will be sure to share these with Kenneth and the breakfast team. We hope to see you again when business brings you to Asheville.

Andrea Coon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2012

We only stayed one night on our way westward, but this Hampton Inn met all my expectations from reading the reviews on TripAdvisor. The hotel is newly renovated and everything is fresh and clean and works well. The staff was very friendly and prompt. The breakfast was standard for Hampton Inn, with hot dishes, cereal, fresh fruit, waffles and hot coffee. Check-in and check-out was quick and error-free. The location is on a very busy road and up a steep driveway, but close to downtown and there are several chain restaurants very near the hotel. The location is convenient to I-40 and I-240. I will stay there again next time I am in Asheville.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank BluGlass_61
Thank you for staying with us during your trip through Asheville. I am glad we met all of your expectations and that you liked our new look. We are very proud of the improvements and love to hear feedback from our guests. Thank you for the compliments of our team. I will be sure to share your review with them. We hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip through the Asheville area.

Near Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

This Hampton is located on a hill in a fairly congested traffic area of Asheville. All in all, we enjoyed our time there.
Because it is on a hill, the entrance area is not as flat as we prefer. Also, you cannot make a lefty turn out of the property which makes it a little trickier and more time consuming in trying to get to the interstate. Upon checking in, I asked the counter person to put my SWA frequent flyer number onto my reservation. After a lot of searching on the computer, she said that it was now included, but when I got home, I found that it was not there. We appreciated the fact that there was a refrigerator and microwave in the room. The room was a little smaller than in other Hampton's, but the space was sufficient. The room was very clean as was the rest of the hotel which has recently been refurbished.
We would have liked a stronger exhaust fan in the bathroom, but the shower was strong and comfortable. On the morning of our last full day, we saw the person who was cleaning the rooms. He asked if we had everything we needed, and we asked if he would leave a particular bathroom supply item. He said he would - and then he didn't. He also asked us to initial his sheet indicating that we had everything we needed - a request we had never had in any hotel.
The breakfast was good, although on one morning out of the three there was no meat with the hot breakfast. Finally, there is one elevator near the check-in desk for this five story hotel. Eventually, another guest told us that there was another elevator at the far end of the building which would not be convenient to our room. We never saw that elevator.
On the plus side, we want to compliment Laura, the frendliest and most helpful person we encountered and who was very helpful on things such as restaurants and area attractions.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WCubed
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
I am so sorry to hear about the problems that you encountered during your stay. It is our goal to wow each guest who stays with us and I am sorry that we did not reach that goal during your stay. If you will call me with your frequent flyer number I will make sure that you receive miles/points for your stay with us.
We depend on the feedback of our guests to help us improve our product and service. I am grateful that you have given us the feedback we need to become better at what we do. I have addressed the issues you had during your stay with all of the departments involved in an effort to make sure that the same thing does not happen in the future.
On a positive note, thank you so much for your compliments of laura. I will be sure to share your warm comments with her. She is truly an asset to our team and I am very lucky to have her.
I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you on your next trip to the Asheville area. Thank you again for your time and feedback.

Holden, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2012

This Hampton is like all the others which is not a bad thing. It is clean, has comfortable rooms and linens and is reasonably priced. We found it to have a convenient location, as it is about 5 minutes driving time to the heart of downtown with all its restaurants. (There are other restaurants near the hotel but we prefer local places, not chains.) The staff gave us good recommendations for restaurants in town. We could also buy our tickets to Biltmore Estate from them and charge them to the room. The buffet breakast was the usual and perfectly fine. The staff were very friendly.

Since we were staying for a few days, I wanted a room with a couch or comfortable chairs and some space. They don't have any couches but they had handicap accessible rooms that were a bit bigger and did have a soft chair plus a desk chair. It was in a section that had just been refinished so it was very fresh and clean. (The paint smell would have been a turn-off if you have allergies.)

Room Tip: The handicap accessible rooms are a bit larger.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HoldenKathy
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am glad that you liked our new accessible rooms. During our recent renovations we made significant changes in them those room types and they are my favorite rooms too! We love the convenience we are able to offer our guests by having Biltmore tickets available at the hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our location. We hope to see you again during your next trip to Asheville.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

Great hotel. Immaculate with very friendly staff. Breakfast was ROM for a free buffet. It was as expected. Restaurants within walking distance. It was a great stay! Pool was nice.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank mom2ry
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, had the opportunity to enjoy our indoor swimming pool and that you found our location convenient during your time in Asheville. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the future.

NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

This hampton inn has recently been remodeled, and was a great value for a nice place. It is a short drive to downtown or the Biltmore estate. The hotel was very clean and orderly and we had no problem getting an extended check out.

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank ash410s
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this review, March 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am glad that you found our location convenient to the attractions you were visiting. Thank you for your compliments on our renovations. We are very proud of the improvements! We hope you will allow us to serve you during your next trip to Asheville.

Girard, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

My husband and I booked this Hampton Inn for our 25th anniversary trip to Asheville. We've always enjoyed staying at Hampton Inns and this stay was the best yet! The newly renovated room was beautiful and the staff was very accomodating and helpful. The breakfasts were substantial and our stay couldn't have been better. We would highly recommend this inn and will definitely stay there again

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Al S
Thank you for choosing us for your special trip! I am so glad that you enjoyed your anniversary at our hotel. Thank you for the compliments of our team and our renovations! I am very proud of the improvements we have made and of the team that we have. I will be sure to share your positive feedback with them! I appreciate the time you took to write a review for us. We hope to see you again soon!