“The Only Hotel I Stay In While In Asheville”

Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road
Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed February 10, 2012

The staff at this hotel keep me coming back time after time. They go out of their way to make sure your stay is comfortable. They are friendly, courteous, and always make you feel welcome. The hotel has been undergoing a total renovation the past couple of years, but it is always clean, the beds are very comfortable, and the decor beautiful. Breakfast is convenient and always good. This hotel offers a tremendous value for the money, but the exceptional staff are the ones who keep me coming back time and time again....... they are the absolute BEST!!!!!

Room Tip: The newly renovated rooms are equipped with refrigerators and microwaves.
2  Thank Mary R
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am thrilled that we are your hotel of choice in Asheville and that you are so happy with our staff. Each team member makes it their mission to WOW our guests and each one does it in their own way. I am grateful to have a team that is so caring and that takes such great care of our guests. I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 6, 2012

This property is new, clean, and modern. It is BEAUTIFUL inside. Location is OK. The staff was TREMENDOUSLY nice. Will be staying here in the future.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Segalini09
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. We love getting feedback from our guests. Thank you for the compliment of our team. I will be sure to share it with them. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

The hotel is comfortable, clean, GREEN, and wonderful. Breakfast is generous and tasty. The STAFF is INCREDIBLE. They bend over backwards to assure your comfort and happiness. I wouldnt stay anywhere else when in Asheville. Even though the hotel is currently being renovated (two floors are closed off currently), I would put up with the construction noise and stay here again. The renovations are really awesome as well and even competes with many of the new and upcoming "boutique" hotels. The lobby fireplace is a very nice, cozy touch. Many thanks to the staff for making our stay so special.

Room Tip: Rooms are large and some have microwaves and refrigerators. Just ask for what you want/need and you...
3  Thank Rose F

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and like the improvements we are making in our guest rooms. We are very excited about the changes and love to hear when our guests are too. We were thrilled to get refrigerators and microwaves in all of our guestrooms. We had many requests for them.
Thank you for your glowing compliments of our team. They really strive to make sure that each guest has a great experience. I am proud to have such a caring team and I will be sure to share your compliments with them.
Thank you again for your time. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon!

Reviewed January 16, 2012

It was my pleasure to stay at this stylish, newly renovated hotel last week following
my son's graduation from Warren Wilson College with an MFA in writing.The pleasing decor and cleanliness of the hotel itself, plus the warmth and kindness extended by the competant staff, combined to make my stay an experience that greatly exceeded my expectations.
I will stay at this hotal again, when I return to Asheville.
As a former teacher, I give this hotel and staff an A+.

3  Thank Dee Dee P

Congratulations on your sons graduation. That is a great accomplishment! Thank you so much for writing such a beautiful review. I can see where your son gets his talent in writing :-)
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be sure to share your compliments with the team.
We hope that you will come stay with us again soon!

Reviewed January 12, 2012

The hotel was very impressive physically but the extension of compassion from the staff was
overwhelming. I was in town receiving surgery and received more than I could have ever expected. To my surprise there was a get well card waiting for me in my room when checked in. It was signed by all the staff. It is the little things in life that are much more meaningful than the grandiose. That kind gesture will be everlasting to me. You have an awesome team.
Thank you Andrea, Josh, Billie, Kayla, Brenda,Brad,Mason,Barbara, Paula,Tracy, TR and Bo.You have friends in myself and my family. A positive attitude in life is free thanks for passing it on. J Cain

Room Tip: Just experience it for yourself.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review. It was our pleasure to serve you while you were having surgery in Asheville. We hope that your time with us was restful and healing. I will be sure to share your kind words with my team. I am sure that it will make their day as it has made mine. We hope that you are well soon and that we will be able to serve you again!

Reviewed January 1, 2012

Billie and staff went above and beyond expectations! Great job and we will stay here again

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank bfm79

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. It is always great to hear feedback from our guests. Thank you for your warm compliments of Billie and the rest of our team. I will be sure they are recognized. Thank you for being our guest! We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again on your next visit to Asheville!

Reviewed December 29, 2011

I've stayed here regularly over the last three years, and it's always been a great place to stay. The recent renovations have only improved the experience. With the renovation, the breakfast has transitioned to the better breakfast that many Hampton's are now offering (fresh waffles always, then something different each morning in a buffet-type server (for instance, scrambled eggs, smoked sausage slices, bagel toppers, etc)

I had one of the renovated rooms this last stay, and they have a nice and bit larger than normal mini-fridge in each room, along with a microwave and flat screen TV. Plenty of easy to access electrical plugs.

Location is very convenient to downtown and the interstate. It's just a little bit less convenient to the Biltmore, but nothing in Asheville is really far from the Biltmore. (I should clarify a bit about convenience -- you're about four - six minutes to downtown, and probably ten - twelve minutes to front gate of the Biltmore, so it's not a big deal).

What else? It's near a big mall if you are looking for that, there's a grocery story within four blocks, if you are looking for that, and a fair number of chain restaurants (Chili's, Carraba's, etc. nearby)

One thing to note on this hotel -- I've stayed here all times of year -- there are times of the year when you can get in this hotel for less than $100, and other times when you'll pay closer to $200, just depending on the season. Just fyi.

Also - - note that most folks visiting this hotel don't realize that there are two elevators - -one at each end of the building. Something to remember when it's busy.

Room Tip: If you pick a room on the front side of the hotel, it has a really nice view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bamarockmtn

Thank you so much for being our guest during your recent trip to Asheville. We appreciate you being a frequent guest. Thank you for providing such warm feedback on our renovations. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast, new rooms and micro-fridges. We are very excited about the upgrades and love to hear that our guests are enjoying them as well. We are grateful that you took the time to write a review and we hope to see you again soon!