“Southern hospitality at its finest”

Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road
Ranked #5 of 65 Hotels in Asheville
Holland, Michigan
“Southern hospitality at its finest”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

It was my pleasure to stay at this stylish, newly renovated hotel last week following
my son's graduation from Warren Wilson College with an MFA in writing.The pleasing decor and cleanliness of the hotel itself, plus the warmth and kindness extended by the competant staff, combined to make my stay an experience that greatly exceeded my expectations.
I will stay at this hotal again, when I return to Asheville.
As a former teacher, I give this hotel and staff an A+.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Dee Dee P
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Congratulations on your sons graduation. That is a great accomplishment! Thank you so much for writing such a beautiful review. I can see where your son gets his talent in writing :-)
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be sure to share your compliments with the team.
We hope that you will come stay with us again soon!

Andrea Coon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed January 12, 2012

The hotel was very impressive physically but the extension of compassion from the staff was
overwhelming. I was in town receiving surgery and received more than I could have ever expected. To my surprise there was a get well card waiting for me in my room when checked in. It was signed by all the staff. It is the little things in life that are much more meaningful than the grandiose. That kind gesture will be everlasting to me. You have an awesome team.
Thank you Andrea, Josh, Billie, Kayla, Brenda,Brad,Mason,Barbara, Paula,Tracy, TR and Bo.You have friends in myself and my family. A positive attitude in life is free thanks for passing it on. J Cain

Room Tip: Just experience it for yourself.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this review, January 12, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review. It was our pleasure to serve you while you were having surgery in Asheville. We hope that your time with us was restful and healing. I will be sure to share your kind words with my team. I am sure that it will make their day as it has made mine. We hope that you are well soon and that we will be able to serve you again!

Reviewed January 1, 2012

Billie and staff went above and beyond expectations! Great job and we will stay here again

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank bfm79
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. It is always great to hear feedback from our guests. Thank you for your warm compliments of Billie and the rest of our team. I will be sure they are recognized. Thank you for being our guest! We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again on your next visit to Asheville!

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I've stayed here regularly over the last three years, and it's always been a great place to stay. The recent renovations have only improved the experience. With the renovation, the breakfast has transitioned to the better breakfast that many Hampton's are now offering (fresh waffles always, then something different each morning in a buffet-type server (for instance, scrambled eggs, smoked sausage slices, bagel toppers, etc)

I had one of the renovated rooms this last stay, and they have a nice and bit larger than normal mini-fridge in each room, along with a microwave and flat screen TV. Plenty of easy to access electrical plugs.

Location is very convenient to downtown and the interstate. It's just a little bit less convenient to the Biltmore, but nothing in Asheville is really far from the Biltmore. (I should clarify a bit about convenience -- you're about four - six minutes to downtown, and probably ten - twelve minutes to front gate of the Biltmore, so it's not a big deal).

What else? It's near a big mall if you are looking for that, there's a grocery story within four blocks, if you are looking for that, and a fair number of chain restaurants (Chili's, Carraba's, etc. nearby)

One thing to note on this hotel -- I've stayed here all times of year -- there are times of the year when you can get in this hotel for less than $100, and other times when you'll pay closer to $200, just depending on the season. Just fyi.

Also - - note that most folks visiting this hotel don't realize that there are two elevators - -one at each end of the building. Something to remember when it's busy.

Room Tip: If you pick a room on the front side of the hotel, it has a really nice view of the mountains.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bamarockmtn
Thank you so much for being our guest during your recent trip to Asheville. We appreciate you being a frequent guest. Thank you for providing such warm feedback on our renovations. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast, new rooms and micro-fridges. We are very excited about the upgrades and love to hear that our guests are enjoying them as well. We are grateful that you took the time to write a review and we hope to see you again soon!

Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed December 29, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Hampton Inn on Tunnel Road while visiting our daughter at Christmas. Just as we checked in, the person at the front desk learned that there would be renovation in progress in the area around our room during our stay. On the following day the housekeeping staff moved our belongings to a newly renovated room on another floor, and we never heard any noise due to the construction. The staff, both front desk and housekeeping, was friendlier and more helpful than any that we have encountered elsewhere, and we were often greeted by name as we passed through the lobby. Our room was kept clean, and everything in it worked properly. The microwave, refrigerator, and free wireless internet all came in handy. The complimentary hot breakfast was above average, the only downside being the powdered eggs used to make the scrambled eggs.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank David W
Thank you for taking the time to write such a warm review of our hotel and staff. I am thrilled that we were able to move you to anewly renovated room. We truly strive to make sure that each guest has a memorable experience at our hotel and I am so glad that we hit the mark during your stay. I will be sure to share your compliments and feedback with our team. Thank you for being our guest! We hope to have the opportunity to serve you on your next trip to Asheville.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I stay at Hampton Inn's consistently and this hotel continued to meet my expectations. Despite the renovations going on, the hotel was clean, refreshing, and offered a beautiful new exercise room, indoor swimming pool/whirlpool. The front desk staff (Miss Laura and others) were extremely friendly, collegial, and helpful. There was a wonderful maintenance woman who made sure the temperature was comfortable while I was exercising. As always, the breakfast was scrumptious and the wireless internet is free. The location is convenient to 240.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Peditox
Thank you for being our guest during your trip to Asheville and for being a loyal Hampton traveler. We appreciate your feedback and compliments. I will be sure to recognize Laura and Tammy (maintenance) for their exceptional service. We hope that you will stay with us again soon so that you can experience our newly renovated rooms. I am sure that you will love them as much as we do! We hope to see you soon!

Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed November 9, 2011

My wife and I took her 87 year old mother and her 83 year old niece to visit her 90 year old sister. We chose Hampton Inn because we have stayed there frequently while traveling and have never been disappointed. It is always clean and the rates are reasonable. We were concerned about the logistics of getting our elderly family members who use walkers and canes in and out of the dining area at breakfast. We needn't worry. Josh, one of the breakfast staff, went well beyond what was required to make sure we found seats and had all that we needed for a pleasant meal. He brought food and amenities and even offered to fix their waffles. The amazing thing is that no prompt was required, and I witnessed him doing the same for several other patrons. With service like that we will continue to frequent Hampton Inns as we travel. Thanks.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Mark S
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review for our hotel. Thank you for sharing your feedback about Josh. I will be sure that I share your compliments with him. He is a shining example of exceptional customer service and I am grateful to have him on my team. We hope that you will visit us again soon so that we can show off our newly renovated rooms! Thank you for being our guest!