“Great, clean room. Friendly staff.”

Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road
Ranked #8 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Stayed here one night. Upon our arrival around 9 pm, there were yummy, complimentary cookies at the front desk for guests as they checked in - a nice touch for wary travelers. My two-year old especially enjoyed those! Maybe that's what kept her up?! They were also kind enough to give us a complimentary milk at that late hour. The room was spotless and every staff person was extremely friendly. The breakfast was good, quite varied. We'd hoped to get something downtown, but everything was very pricey which surprised me. The Hampton Inn was a more economical way to go and it's only 3 miles from downtown. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2011

Thank you for writing such a warm review. I am thrilled that you and your daughter enjoyed the cookies! I will be sure to share your compliments with our team. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon!

Andrea Coon

Write a ReviewReviews (1,585)

Reviewed August 11, 2011

Conveniently located for the many tourist venues in Asheville, NC,this Hampton Inn lived up to all the usual expectations. The room and sleeping comfort and quiet surroundings were perfect for our 5 day visit. Employees were friendly and helpful. Our one disappointment is the breakfast. We find this to be the case at most Hampton Inns lately. The offerings are not up to the standards they once had. Also, closing access to breakfast at the dot of 10 AM even if you are a few feet away is irritating. Still we stay at Hampton Inns wherever we go and enjoy using the HH points for free lodgings.

Room Tip: Online seems to be the luckiest reservation route
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and will share your compliments with our staff. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our breakfast offerings. We strive to offer a variety of items that will exceed our guest's expectations and I apologize that we fell short during your visit. Thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention. It is through feedback from valuable guests like you that give us the opportunity to improve. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you when you are in Asheville.

Reviewed July 17, 2011

I would give FIVE stars (out of 5) to the Hampton Inn in Asheville on Tunnel Rd. It was the best hotel experience we have ever had. They made us feel like family. The hotel was clean and they provided a satisfying breakfast. The staff was extremely friendly and provided for all of our needs. We stayed for 5 nights and if we visit Asheville again, we will stay here. We would definitely recommend this hotel. Enjoy!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CBMRich
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2011

Thank you so much for taking time to write such a warm reveiw. I will be sure to share it with the staff. I am thrilled that you had such a great experience at our hotel and enjoyed our breakfast and our team. We hope that you come to visit with us again soon!

Reviewed July 4, 2011

I was traveling through what began as a one night stay became a 5 night stay. The front desk staff were warm and friendly. They gave me step by step directions where ever I wanted to go. They helped me to find things to do. My room was beautiful and spotless breakfast was nice and the hostess was very kind. I even got free entertainment I locked my keys in the room and at check in was told the keys are gold if you lock the keys in the room you have to sing and dance to get a duplicate to get back in. So Billy had me sing and dance but she was kind enough to join in. I will never forget my stay and will definatly return WONDERFUL STAFF GREAT STAY

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank SarahWalters94
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed Billie's entertainment at the front desk. I am thrilled that you had such a great stay. We would love another opportunity to serve you during your next trip to Asheville.

Reviewed June 16, 2011

We stayed here for one night during a long road trip. We usually stay at Marriotts but this hotel had a better rate than the Courtyard. The front desk staff was excellent, very willing to help. The room was large with a comfortable king bed, easy chair w/ottoman, desk, and a dresser with 3 drawers. Not alot of closet space. No mini fridge. There was alot of vanity space in the bathroom. The strange thing about the room was that one side had a small window and then just blank wall space. It seemed to be missing something. The free breakfast in the morning was good. There was peach nectar which I loved. All in all, we were pleasantly surprised. This is not a super deluxe place but it is a comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fernh

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and the room. We will be getting microwaves and refrigerators in our renovation that will start later this year. We would love another opportunity to serve you during your next trip to Asheville.

Reviewed June 14, 2011

Extremly helpful staff, nice indoor pool area, convenient to downtown, shopping, highways,
large (free) breakfast area and comfortable bedding.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank vanurse

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Thank you for your warm comments regarding the staff. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast, indoor pool and convenient location. We would love to have you as our guest during your next trip to Asheville and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed April 17, 2011

Normal, average hampton, rooms need outlets to plug in electronics, but staff very friendly and manager is obviously very responsive behind the scenes.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank SeanPsyD

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Thank you for your warm comments regarding the staff and management. We love to hear feedback from our guests. During our room renovations later this year all of our new lighting will have outlets to eliminate the issue of too few electrical outlets. We would love to have you as our guest during your next trip to Asheville.