“Great Beds but Beware of Breakfast”

Days Inn Asheville North
Ranked #47 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed March 28, 2008

We booked this Days Inn because it is located back from the main road (less noise) and advertised recent upgrades to rooms and bedding. The beds were wonderful, rooms clean but breakfast should have been an embarassment to the management. The fruit consisted of a choice old leather textured oranges, bruised apples or one old banana. Pastries and muffins were of the sticky boxed baked goods--and the same plate was put out 2 mornings in a row. Otherwise, there were small bagels--juice, cereal, coffee--and a hot plate of gravy and biscuits---but other Days Inns in town serve awsome breakfasts--Check out Tunnel Road if that's important--If not, the king size beds are quite comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Sara53

Reviewed February 25, 2008

This was our second stay at this motel. We were showing friends from California around our adopted state and visiting our son at UNC Asheville. The location is not central (10 minute drive from downtown) . We paid under $65 a nite for a king with AAA. The staff is helpful, the rooms are spacious, modern, and clean with firm comfy king size bed. The complimentary breakfast includes biscuits and gravy but otherwise standard.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 21, 2006

I needed to find a decent place to stay quickly because my furnace died and I wanted to wait till morning to get it fixed. I needed some sleep, and figured "Hell, Im just going to fork over the money and get a nice warm bed nearby". I didnt want to go downtown since I am a young woman and it was the middle of the night so I figured Days Inn North would be a safe bet.
I called ahead and said I was on my way. The grumpy night manager buzzed me in. I was so pleasant and appriciative. The second he saw I was a local he said no. That the owner doesnt want locals there because they trash the room. Terrible!! I love this city, and as a business owner I would NEVER trash a room. I was so upset to be treated like dirt I went home and started a fire. Didnt sleep so well because I couldnt believe anyone would ever treat a guest like that. I had a great credit card and anything else they would have needed.

I dont normally write bad reviews but this was heart breaking to me. I still cant believe anyone would treat another person so coldly.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled solo
6  Thank Judgeyall
A TripAdvisor Member
Morristown, Tennessee
Reviewed July 3, 2006

We enjoyed our stay at this Days Inn. It was very clean and the staff was friendly. It was a little out of the way from Biltmore, but that was ok.

• Stayed: July 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 22, 2005

I booked this hotel through the corporate website for my son who goes to college nearby to stay over Thanksgiving. He arrived, Wednesday night with his confirmed reservation. He was turned away at the door. The hotel policy is if you are local you cannot stay if you do not have a car: a California resident who cannot have a car as a freshman was left out in the 40 degree cold at 10 pm despite a prepaid reservation. The franchise owner supposedly was called: the policy could not be waived despite the reservation that was made two weeks earlier. We are not talking about a partying wild kid: we're talking about a bereft and cold 18 year-old who is abandoned on Thanksgiving. The website does not mention any such restrictions. And this is customer service?

Stayed: November 2005
10  Thank BeowulfCA
A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago, IL
Reviewed June 2, 2004

Very clean property on top of a hill. Staff very friendly and helpful. Room doors are motel style as you must enter from the outside. Small pool. Location just a mile or two north of Asheville city limits. Very close to UNCA campus and makes for easy access to downtown. If you're not looking to explore the Biltmore, this is the place to stay.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Asheville
WoodSpring Suites Asheville
5 mi away
Days Inn Asheville/Mall
Days Inn Asheville/Mall
#50 of 66 in Asheville

Been to Days Inn Asheville North? Share your experiences!