Haywood Park Hotel
$110
Country Inn
Clarion Inn Biltmore Village(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$74
$104
$118
Homewood
Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$93
Princess Anne Hotel(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$189
Renaissance Asheville Hotel(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$159
$144
Renaissance Hotels
The Omni Grove Park Inn(Asheville)
$277
$219
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
$279
Travelocity
$299
Travelocity
All reviewsdepartment storechocolate fetishfree valet parkingheart of downtownrooms are hugeisa's bistroturn down servicegift bagbon marchechocolate shopgranola barsbattery parktrufflea large sitting areawet barwithin walking distancedouble sinks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 31, 2009

Outstanding value and wonderful surprise to be so satisfied. Rooms are very large and comfortable. Super clean. Some things were a little dated but the hotel is in the process of updating. The atmosphere of the hotel, rooms, and staff was inviting, warm, and personable. Not your common chain hotel! It was such a treat to experience something other than the typical hotel stay. Valet and room service were incredibly quick. The staff was friendly and helpful with local interests. We never even needed our car unless we were leaving from the downtown area-walked everywhere. We enjoyed our stay there and cant wait to get back.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2009

We spend four nights at the Haywood Park Hotel in Asheville over Thanksgiving weekend to visit family that also lived downtown. the location was fantastic, we were walking distance from everything in downtown, and right across the street from some fantastic restaurants, such as Early Girl and Tupelo Honey. the area was charming.

The room was very large with a huge armchair and couch. There was a curtain that could be pulled in case one person was sleeping and the other wanted to turn on a light and read on the other side, which was great on the mornings my husband slept in. The TV was older, but worked fine, and I found the bed extremely comfortable. WiFi was strong and consistent.

the staff was friendly and capable. One early, early morning my husband began having extreme back pain and we couldn't find any ibuprofen or such in our belongings. I called down to the front desk to ask if they by any chance had any, and not only did they offer it, they brought it up to us at 5:30 in the morning. It was a very kind gesture.

There is noise at night, which sometimes drifted up to our 4th floor room, but not excessive. People mention the musicians, and homeless, and while yes, they are there, I wasn't disturbed by them at all. I think if you're familiar with a city, or downtown area at all, this won't be alarming to you. We're from NY, so I didn't even notice this. I found Asheville charming and would definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2009

The Haywood is located downtown Asheville and should be a good spot for a nice weekend stay, but that is where you would be wrong! Asheville is a beautiful city in a beautiful area. The Haywood is located in the middle of downtown Asheville. Downtown Asheville has suffered the plight of many downtown areas and has been taken over by homeless or less fortunate individuals that take to public displays of drinking and drug induced rants and raves. While locked in the "secured" hotel parking garage, my car was vandalized and belongings stolen. The hotel was very nice in bringing this to my attention and saying they would take care of it. But the minute they get you on your way home, they rip up the information and forget that the incident ever happened. I'm out $4100 and a car I still can't use!!! The Haywood, and the city of Asheville, needs to get the crime taken care of!!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Hopalong32
Reviewed August 7, 2009

The location is great for walking. The staff polite. The room was dirty, the carpets filthy, and the fixtures in the bathroom past their prime.

The topper was when we asked for two extra pillows, they were delivered 1/2 hour later with the pillow cases off and they were dirty with one having dark deep red stains.

We checked out the next day and found a spotless new hotel 10 minutes from downtown at 1/2 the nightly rate.

We travel a lot and would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Albertm
Reviewed June 29, 2009

my boyfriend surprised me with a trip to Asheville, something we had been talking about doing for quite sometime. Upon arrival, I first noticed the lack of parking out front, which is located around back. Then there was the overly dated furniture. The people at the front desk were nice but lacking in the intelligence department. The valet was complimentary which was nice. The room was very spacious but again dated furniture. The bed was absolutely hard as a rock, not something I was looking forward to on a romantic getaway with my boyfriend.

The location, however, is great. The Freckled Frog is practically in the hotel lobby. Once I got home, I went searching for hotels in the area. There are many other hotels within the downtown area that are nicer and not near as expensive.

Finally, they charged me three different times for my hotel room even after the entire amount of the room had been paid from a different account. They were of no help getting the charges off of my account. I had to worry about over drafting my account not only the entire length of trip but also after returning home!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple