“Fabulous stay.”

Ranked #3 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Dayton, Kentucky
“Fabulous stay.”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Clean, quiet, close to everything. Friendly efficient staff. Great stay. I did not want to check out.
Staff provided maps and outlined directions. Valet was quick. Staff offered restaurant suggestions that proved to be accurate.
We honeymooned here and I could not have been more pleased with the hotel. Unique history- hotel had a long life as a popular department store in the day. Great photos of restoration.
Very nice bathrooms- roomy and clean.

Room Tip: street view to take in the scenery.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
michigan
Reviewed June 6, 2013

The Haywood Park was our hotel of choice for a girlfriends' getaway. We wanted a hotel that was set right in the city and within walking distance from all the shops and restaurants. We also needed a place with enough room for women, with lots of luggage and toiletries, to spread out and be comfortable. We passed on the Aloft hotel because the rooms were WAY too small and the price was the same. The Haywood Park was perfect.

We booked a queen double and the room was perfect. Sleeping area with two beds and super comfy pillows. A separate living space with comfortable seating. Plenty of space for suitcases and bags; a dressing area with a sink and vanity bench. A huge bath with an enormous counter space and makeup mirror. The shower and tub are separate as well.

The staff was absolutely fantastic--from check in and valet to maid service. No complaints at all. You valet your car and they will retrieve it whenever you need it. Champagne at check in; a gift-bag at check out. Wonderful chocolate each night at turn down.Very very nice.

Just a few little issues. The workout room had no towels or water. Not a huge deal, but for a hotel at this price point, it's expected. Also, one of the treadmills didn't work. There were people waiting to use the one that does.

There is a LOT of external noise from the street. I couldn't figure out where it was coming from but it wasn't people, it was loud banging sounds and heavy-duty trucks backing up. Sounded like trash pick up maybe? But...it was before 5 am every morning. I even sleep with a sound machine, and it still woke me up every morning.

The morning we checked out--and we had to be on the road exactly 45 minutes after we woke--the shower water was scalding hot. We let it run for nearly 15 minutes and it never got cooler. It was too hot to shower. So, we had no shower and had to drive home unbathed. (It's an 11-hour drive.) So, that really sucked. True, we didn't alert the front desk, but we had no time to wait for a repair either.

The bathroom had a weird moldy/musty smell. Also couldn't locate the source (not the towels). Everything looked really clean, but that smell was always present. I wonder if there is a moisture problem or a leak?

Also, when we checked in the front desk received a call for a reservation. While we were standing there, the manager told the valet who answered the phone to offer the caller a "walk in" special that was $55 cheaper per night than we were paying. I get it that when they are not full, they can offer special rates....but that was pretty tacky to announce right in front of us!

Overall--I would stay here again and I would recommend the hotel. It's so conveniently located to everything cool to do and see in Asheville. I'll just bring ear plugs next time :-)

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does NOT face toward the alley.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Service - valet, food at the new restaurant downstairs was all amazing!I took a weekend with my friend and stayed two days. I would definitely reccommend this place and would come back. Try the restaurant downstairs - so so worth it!!!!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank romd44
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My daughter married on Sunday, May 26 at the NC Arboretum just outside Asheville, NC. Family from California to northern Virginia to central Florida and all points in between converged for a joyful weekend reunion and celebration. Our oldest travelers were well into their 80s,and we had babes in arms, the youngest of whom was not quite 3 months old. As the mother of the bride, I worked closely with the staff at The Haywood Park (particularly Jenny Herman followed by Vicky) to organize the details of this special weekend. Ends up, we had an entire floor to ourselves with a couple of spillover rooms. Jenny worked diligently with me on room assignments to address each family member's needs, worked with us on pricing, arrival and departure details, special equipment, parking--absolutely everything from beginning to end. I have never had plans which were made so nicely, and accomplished so totally. First, the hotel is steps from anything you want in Asheville. My family was enjoying an amazing arrival dinner at Early Girl Eatery soon after arriving. The valet parking, which I usually hate, was quick and seamless in execution in spite of the packed conditions over this holiday weekend, which also was the kickoff weekend for Asheville's Beer Week. Each and every staff member did their jobs so well, and seemed to genuinely care that we were cared for and enjoying ourselves. They handled wedding welcome bags for us, kept up with group activities and transportation schedules, and even sent our family off Monday morning with goody bags full of drinks and snacks for the road. The rooms are enormous, comfortable, immaculate, and luxurious. No detail is overlooked. Because of the layout, we had a large common room at the elevator exits where we congregated for for hanging out, coffee,after dinner. We had many, many children from three months to teenagers. Each and every one had a delightful time. Whatever your business or pleasure trip to Asheville is about, I would trust these fine folks to make it a memorable experience. And if you are planning a reunion or gathering for a larger group, I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to turn the details over to Jenny or Vicky. This is southern hospitality, Asheville style, at its best. And, don't miss the Friday night drum circle in nearby Pritchard Park. Captivating. Thank you to ALL at the Haywood Park for a memorable wedding weekend and family reunion. Gratefully, the Frazier/Beal/Crandell families.

Room Tip: Some rooms have what they humorously call "the New York view", meaning the windows open on...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Nags Head, North Carolina
Reviewed May 25, 2013

As someone who has spent many years staying in hotels, Haywood Park has the best pillows I have ever slept on, this includes my own.

That being said, the staff there is wonderful, from before I arrived, I had written down the address as Haywood Street and Bambi guided me to the entrance with ease. Once I arrived, I was greated with a smile and Russ stated I see you found us! I have stayed in numerous upscale properties, but never have I been offered a beverage at check in! The wow factor was a small gift on departure and it came in handy on the 500 mile drive.

The suites are spacious, comfortable, and again, I repeat myself, the pillows devine!! There is such an attention to detail at this property, I only wish other hotels could be so hospitable!!!

If you are ever in the Asheville area, Haywood Park is a must!! It is located in the old Ivey's Department Store building and each floor landing is like a section of the store; when you press the number to your floor in the elevator it states Men's Wear, I was on 2nd floor. This is just one aspect of attention to detail and creativity this hotel demonstrates.

The hotel is located in an excellent area of downtown, great shops all around and a new restaurant in the same building called Isa's was delightful and the food was scrumptious!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Martha B
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Great location, we walked to everything.
Excellent service,provided umbrellas since we forgot ours & offered great shopping and dining recommendations.

Minor luxuries I missed were super soft bath towels and toilet paper.

The history of the building was a great story and they kept some
Interesting parts in modern day hotel

• Stayed May 2013
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We spent 7 nights at the Haywood Park Hotel in downtown Asheville, NC and it was a wonderful experience. The location was terrific--close to art galleries and excellent restaurants. The staff was helpful and very welcoming and we will certainly stay there again.

--Mary and Bill Molloy
Dallas, Texas

Room Tip: Our room faced Battery Park Avenue and it was a great place to just look out the window and people w...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple