Haywood Park Hotel
Country Inn
$88
Country Inn
$144
Clarion Inn Biltmore Village(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$79
$139
$127
Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$173
$145
  • Restaurant
$172
$157
The Residences at Biltmore(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$119
Aloft Asheville Downtown(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$221
$189
Aloft.com
  • Pool
The Omni Grove Park Inn(Asheville)
$224
  • Pool
All reviewsdepartment storechocolate fetishfree valet parkingheart of downtownrooms are hugeisa's bistroturn down servicegift bagbon marchechocolate shopgranola barsbattery parktrufflea large sitting areawet barwithin walking distancedouble sinks
Reviewed September 5, 2007

Made a spur of the moment trip to Asheville for one night on Sunday night of Labor Day weekend. Its been years since Ive been to Asheville and the first as a 'leisure' trip and I really didn't have a clue where to stay. I read the reviews here of places to stay and had 4 places in mind. After getting to the hotel, I am so glad I picked this one out of the hat. This hotel is smack dab in the middle of hoppin' downtown Asheville. Dozens of restuarants and bars just out the front door. Doubletree is in very touristy area, Renaissance is 'over the hill' and Princess Anne is a drive to town. If you want to be in the 'cool' part of town, The Haywood is the place to stay.
Check in lady was a little 'bossy' but was still friendly and later when I called down for a bucket of ice bellhop dude seemed genuinely surprised when I gave him a tip. Parking was valet and free.
The "Master Suite" room is HUGE!!!! Let me say HUGE again. And the bathroom itself is larger than most hotel rooms in NYC.
Yes, the decor is a bit dated, and if you look hard enough you can see some wear and tear, but, there was absolutely nothing wrong with the room. I could complain that the full sized sofa was placed too far away from the TV but thats not really a complaint, that should be a compliment!
Overall, Ive been around... Ive stayed in $1000 a night rooms and $60 a night rooms... People on Tripadvisor that give any Hampton Inn a 5/5 don't know what they are talking about....
That being said, I give this place two thumbs up. A 4.5/5.
If you want to stay in the tourist area, stay in Biltmore Village. If you want to stay where the action is.. stay here.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank freeflytim
Reviewed July 21, 2007

While many tout the Grove Park Inn, we found it a little disappointing, with vendors in the lobby, noisy, and not within walking distance of anything. Not so with the lovely Haywood Park. After a harrowing trip complete with lost luggage, we arrived at the hotel late in the afternoon disheveled and frustrated, on the verge of tears. The front desk staff was simply amazing, making us feel welcome and even suprised us with our luggage. I think I said something to the effect of "I'm so happy I could kiss you" to which the gentleman checking us in replied: "well, we are very friendly in the South!"...... breaking the ice for all of us and giving us a much-needed belly laugh. Room service was terrific, the room itself was spacious and first-rate, luxurious marble bath with a tub I could not stay out of....great views, and no noise from the cafe (which I had read complaints about in a few other reviews), trust me, we are not party animals at our age, and peace & quiet are important to us! Yes, the decor could be modernized a little, but it was by no means shabby. All in all we had a very enjoyable stay. I only wish we had gotten the front desk man's name, I would have written a gracious letter to the manager. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank flakeysrn
Reviewed June 4, 2007

As a barometer for interpreting this review, my wife and I are not overly-extravagant, are 30-somethings, and take only a few vacations per year. The staff, for the most part, were nice and helpful. Bellhops, in particular, were very attentive and "super-fast" with ice service/baggage pick-up -- that was great. The location was awesome, in the thick of everything. However, if you don't want to hear music past 11PMish from the Flying Frog cafe downstairs you may want to consider a different hotel -- it didn't bother us, though. The long-and-short is that we were simply expecting a bit more for $210/night: we had stayed at the Grove Park Inn for the first few nights of our vacation, at $260/night, and there is simply no comparison between the two properties. The Grove Park was just in a different (and better) class, on multiple levels. We did hear from several sources that the Haywood Inn may be undergoing an ownership change. That would explain the need for upgrades from the mid-1980's decor, including the rather old-school VCRs. Overall, I'd stay at the Haywood again if the rates were $90/night +/-.

Stayed: June 2007
2  Thank TravelOrlando
Reviewed May 22, 2007

The Haywood Park Hotel is in a great location. My husband and I were able to walk to everything in the downtown area. The staff was friendly. The hotel has valet parking or you can request a parking garage swipe card to park your own car. Our room was big- including a bed area, sitting area, vanity, bathroom, closet and drawer space, and a fridge. The bathroom was big as well with a seperate shower and tub. The bathroom also had a tv in it. Bring your own hairdryer because the one in the bathroom is weak. Every night there is a turndown service. The staff leaves truffles every night as well which were so yummy. Everything about the hotel was really nice...very clean. The downfall is that the walls are a little thin. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VirginiaKim
Reviewed April 6, 2007

Love this hotel. I've stayed here a couple of times and have loved every second of my stays. Located in downtown Asheville, you will not run out of unique shopping, bar and great local restaurants within walking distance. Make reservations downstairs for dinner at the Flying Frog. Guaranteed to be the best filet you ever eat (if you like spice, order the peppercorn sauce, for a milder sauce, order the brie and gorganzola). When you check in, sign up for the turndown service. You will be thrilled with the chocolate truffles from "The Chocolate Fetish" located in the downstairs of the hotel. For breakfast, go to Tupelo Honey - have the sweet potato pancakes. Other good food - Early Girl Eatery - local produce, fresh food, quick service. Go to Tops for Shoes for a huge selection of men, women and children's shoes. Very cool beer store located on Broadway. Asheville is a great weekend getaway!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple