“Baby shower with an expensive twist”

Savini's Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 108 Restaurants in Woonsocket
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are a Family Restaurant specializing in Family Style Chicken and Italian dishes. Our waitstaff is friendly and conscientious. We provide a clean, homey type atmosphere and you will not leave here hungry. Going to the Stadium Theater? Stop by for drinks, appetizers, and much more!
Woonsocket, Rhode Island
“Baby shower with an expensive twist”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

We made the mistake of choosing Savini's for a very good friend's baby shower. The breakfast buffet was good. It was cold in the restaurant and several people complained about it. The service was good however there were a few MAJOR snafus! The second it was noon, the waiter was announcing "Open Bar" rather than announcing that the bar was open, our party was clearly not an "open bar" party. Several attendees voiced how strange they thought an open bar was, we kept correcting the "announcement" being made. It actually caused 11 hot chocolates to be added on to the overall bill..... but that's not all!

Shortly after the "Open Bar" announcements, the waitress asked how many wanted ice cream and did a head count. 21 people raised their hands (of course all 10 kids wanted it) and then another waitress asked if we wanted the ice cream to be served with the cake and so I said yes, it makes more sense than serving it separately. When we got the bill there was ice cream for our whole party on the bill (about $100 worth) and when I told her that I thought it was included she said "well, I asked". She asked when we wanted it served, she never said it was additional. And, why the headcount if she planned to serve and charge for everyone anyway? Very underhanded and very bad business practice.

I shared the story with a few others and they told me that they have experienced similar issues. When we called the restaurant after the party we got an apology and was told that they "assumed" that we knew it was an extra charge but no good faith offering of anything else. They even had the audacity to ask who did the head count.... I have over 50 people that can testify to the headcount, I don't know the name of who did it! Whatever happened to the customer is always right!?!?!?!? To me, the price is NOT the issue, it's the principle of what was being done! Very disappointed and will NOT be there any time soon!!!!! Beware!!!!!

• Visited February 2012
6 Thank TRAJUS12

Woonsocket, Rhode Island
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never again!”
Reviewed March 4, 2011

When we got the menu, each one had different prices...The food was horrible. $15.95 ($17.95 depending on which menu) for lobster ravioli that was so fishy I didn't even eat it. The waitress asked if I wanted it boxed, I said I wouldn't eat it because it was too fishy and she was like "oh I guess I recommended the wrong item". Never offered to remedy it. My fiance had to get dessert despite the fact that I told him it would be like the food... and the snickerdoodle cheesecake was terrible also. $47.00 for 2 entrees, one ap., 1 dessert and 2 non alcoholic drinks... and free Woonsocket tap water with lemon... the lemon was barely visible. Well we left hungry, but we donated to the local economy. We will never go there again.

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank CKR3
burrillville
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed March 22, 2009

Food not good (seafood), waitress applied 20% gratuity and she was awful, they charged $2 more per dish than what was reported on menu and the waitress did not inform us of this before we ordered. Last time for our business!!!!!!

2 Thank jakbs
Northern Rhode Island
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Check the Daily Specials”
Reviewed August 28, 2008

Savini's is owned by a local family. They operate one other restaurant in the city.
If success can be judged by length of time a place has been in business then Savini's passes the test. Locals have patronized the restaurant for many years.
They have a menu with many selections. My own experiences at Savini's have convinced me that it is best to order one of the items on the Daily Special board that you find just after making your way through the step up and then step down entrance.
I have ordered numerous things on Savini's menu and have no outstanding favorites to report. However if I had to pick out one thing I find tasty it would be the cocoanut shrimp.
By the way, the bar is favored by many and I have found their mixed drinks to be good.
Nothing exceptional at Savini's but you will not leave the place hungry.

woonsocket
“what a confusing resturant”
Reviewed February 20, 2008

My family decided to host a new years party at this resturant. Unfortunately it turned out to be a horrible experience. The staff was all around confused. The food wasn't cooked properly, personally, my steak was burnt all over. The cheesecake that was served was dry and stale, and for a kicker, we had to wait over an hour to get our bill. One of our friends atcually thought we should leave without it because they obviously didn't want to be paid for their horrible service. I really wouldent recommend this place to anyone I know after this experience.