““Like it and will us again””

Holiday Inn Express Woonsocket
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Woonsocket
Hartford, Connecticut
““Like it and will us again””
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

We booked this hotel due it it proximity to Bellingham, MA where we had to attend a function. We stopped by the front desk earlier in the week and make our reservation.

When we checked in on the weekend of our reservation, the front desk clerk appeared to be under training, but the trainer or supervisor helped check us in. Both were very pleasant and helpful. The trainer saw that we were non-smokers and were booked into a non-smoking room on the 5th floor, but she mentioned that she will change our floor so that we won't be exposed to any cigarette smoke that may occur in the hallway. So we were instantly booked to a non-smoking room on the 2nd floor. I thought that was a very nice gesture which saved us from any potential issues, and I was very pleased.

The hotel was nice and clean, breakfast was good, although we showed up at the end of the breakfast period, and just made it and got enough food to start our day. I have read other reviews mentioning thin walls (noisy). I don't agree on that matter exactly, but I have people in their rooms talking as I passed their door. The doors seem to not muffle sound well, but otherwise I thought the place (our room) was quiet. The pool water was very warm and I wished we had the time to enjoy it, but the function in a nearby town kept us away. Next time I am looking forward to use the pool, and we will use that hotel again.

There is an eating establishment located across the parking lot called the "Patriot Diner" which provides food 24 hours a day. I don't thing they are related to the hotel, but it is certainly a plus to the hotel to have it there. We have eaten there many times in the past as we drive through the area, and the fact that we used the hotel made it super convenient . Food is always good, but the food orders are sometimes slow if there are a large number of people dropping by. We have on occasions been responsible for that a few times by suddenly showing up with 15 - 20 people and ordering a midnight breakfast for our group. A side note, they put us in the back area away from the regular booths and counter stools, so others can enjoy the diner.

So the hotel has a great deal of plus factors: location was good for nearby Bellingham, MA, friendly helpful staff, clean rooms, warm pool, nearby restaurant that I enjoyed using, and the hotel breakfast had a good selection and was very good. As mentioned before, I will use this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at the HI EXPRESS WOONSOCKET about 20 times over the last few years and have nothing but positive things to say about it. The staff is great, the rooms clean and comfortable and breakfast while not gourmet- serves the purpose! While it is in an industrial area/car lot keep in mind CVS is headquartered here and this HI caters to them, its across the way from CVS. Highly recommended.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
West Islip, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

The hotel staff was very kind and accommodating. We needed a late check out in order to simply our day and they graciously helped us out. They girls at the front desk always remembered us as we walked through the hotel and greeted us with a warm hello. They hotel has a heated pool which was wonderful for the kids. The room was clean and more than adequate. We definitely enjoyed our stay

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank chrisandmikey
Bethel, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

A few of my friends and I visited the area and chose the hotel because several others were sold out. We were pleasantly surprised by the great and speedy service at check-in which made it easy so late at night. The lobby was quiet and provided a space for us to get together and socialize without being interrupted by other guests. We stayed for three days and would definitely recommend this hotel in the future. We're looking forward to our upcoming trip to Rhode Island next March and plan at staying at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank James H
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

I was traveling to Boston and all of the hotels nearby were filled. This was referred to me by another Holiday Inn Express and finding it was not difficult as long as you have a map or GPS. It is tucked away from the freeway. The room was large and very clean. Breakfast was good. Beware that there are not many restaurants around so eat first!

Room Tip: No restaurant other than a diner nearby.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Ladye L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woonsocket, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Ladye L,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Grantham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

I booked this hotel as it was were our meeting was being held and wasn't expecting much due to it being an express. However I was very pleasantly surprised. The hotel is clean, today and well ran. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast is not great but ok for $100 or less a night.
The fitness suite is good and the heated pool looked like a decent size. Would recommend this for anybody needing a nice hotel in the area. I wouldn't recommend Woonsocket though.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RikT4
Coon Rapids, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

I researched and bid for my hotel this trip and this one was close to where I was going, had a high rating and was affordable. Once again this hotel is located in what looks like a warehouse area off the beaten path. I walked in and was greeted by the most conscientious staff so I felt comfortable. My room was modern, clean and comfortable. Their breakfast buffet was very good. And I swam in their heated swimming pool which is a nice size to do circle laps. And there is an excellent diner at the edge of the hotel's parking lot which was superb. But there was little security checking at this hotel as there was some partying in the parking lot. And as I left my room heading to the airport this morning at 4 a.m., there were people partying in the hallway. There was empty soda and beer cans and snack debri in the hallway and in the elevator. I usually stay at Holiday Inns and recommend them to everyone.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevator so you don't hear the ding ding all night, and stay away from...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woonsocket, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear nanceb1439,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. It is delightful to know that you found our rooms to be modern and comfortable. It is always nice to receive commendable feedback from our valued guests like you.

While we are pleased with the kind words, I'd like to apologize if the unusual noise disturbances inconvenienced you. Despite this, I hope you see us soon should your travels bring you back to the area.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woonsocket
Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield
Courtyard Providence Lincoln
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Smithfield - Providence
All Seasons Inn & Suites
All Seasons Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Smithfield
Residence Inn Boston Franklin
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Franklin / Milford Area

Been to Holiday Inn Express Woonsocket? Share your experiences!