Holiday Inn Express Woonsocket
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$70
$68
  • Room Service
$179
All Seasons Inn & Suites(Smithfield)
$131
$101
$139
$124
HIExpress.com
All reviewsfront deskgillette stadiumgreat night's sleepupon checkmorning breakfastexcellent staybeds were comfortableclean hoteltwo nightstop floorfitness centerhot cinnamon bunspatriotshieelevatorcumberlandcouch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We had requested a quiet room, but were next to the ice making machine which was not a good start it has to be said. Despite the hotel appearing to be half empty we were told it was not possible to move us to a comparable room. The next day however a different member of staff managed to get our room changed and this room was totally acceptable. Breakfast was not what we expect from hotels carrying this label and the orange juice was not drinkable. No bar, no proper restaurant. Would not recommend.

Room Tip: Just ask not to be next to a ice machine!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woonsocket, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Dear BrighteyesWestSussex,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. We are happy to hear that the issues you encountered were addressed by our staff. However, we are so sorry that your stay as negatively affected by the noise challenges you encountered. We highly value your views and feedback, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you soon.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 13, 2013

This hotel really does not do anything very well, except the people were nice and attentive. Clearly they care, but management does not, or does not have the tools to keep up with the Holiday Inn name. The air conditioners need to be replaced as they are loud and unacceptable. The sink did not drain, but the room was relatively clean.

The orange juice was watered down so much it was not bearable.

I believe this hotel will not be a Holiday Inn Express within 24 months - it just is not acceptable of the name.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woonsocket, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Ribs_whiskey,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay with us. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the hotel conditions may have caused you. Your comments about the AC units in the room and the sink have been documented and we are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed here for two nights while visiting family in Cumberland, Rhode Island. The location is convenient and there is the Patriot Diner behind the property. Although I never ate at the diner, the parking lot is always full, which is a good sign.

The desk staff at this hotel are friendly and efficient. I especially want to mention Charmaine, who was on the front desk on the evening I checked in. She is excellent at her job and enjoys what she does and it shows!!

I stayed in a king room. The rate with taxes was $148.00 including taxes, with an AAA discount. There is also a sofa bed in the room. The room size is adequate and well appointed for a room at this price. There is free wifi and breakfast included in your stay. The bedding is comfortable and both rooms I had were clean. The only amenity I would have liked to have was a small refrigerator and a microwave. It is quiet here, even with the highway right outside my window. I will definitely stay here again when in the area.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank David D
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I recently spent four day at the Holiday Inn Express Woonsocket while vacationing in New England. Lobby is very nice and parking is plentiful. The area around the hotel is mostly industrial, however a small diner is in the parking lot, and downtown Woonsocket is just up the road. Providence and Pawtucket are about a 20 minute drive south, Worcester is about half and hour and Boston 45-60 minutes.

Front desk staff is very friendly and will care for your needs. I had one issue where the the TV signal on HD channels kept going in and out. A man came up and made some adjustments, and it seemed fine. However, a couple hours later, it acted up again. The woman at the desk offered to move me to another room on a different floor, and would mention to the manager about the issue. Sure enough, the next evening I found a letter on my desk from Angel the manager apologizing for the issue and a voucher for 5,000 priority club points! That was very helpful. The other members of the staff were very friendly and were great at coming up with places to visit. If you like the ocean, I highly recommend Narragansett, about a 45 minute drive.

Room itself was great. No fridge, but that was the only thing missing

Breakfast is good too and seems to be available earlier than advertised- a welcome treat for early risers such as myself.

Pool is good, no spa though.

If in New England again, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Keith B
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My family and I just came back from a baseball tournament up in Rhode Island and the team stayed at this hotel. It was clean but the staff was very nice and took pride in their work. The night manager Angela was fantastic! She helped us with directions, places to go for dinner and had coffee and breakfast going earlier for the teams that had very early games. This was a great especially when you are trying to get a team of teenage boys out the door to the next game. She Also, in the same parking lot of the hotel is a diner. It was on the best places to go eat, the food was good I recommend their pancakes which are huge! They were great with all the teams that were staying at the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family