Holiday Inn Express Woonsocket
$118
$149
$162
Hotels.com
All reviewsfront deskgillette stadiumgreat night's sleepupon checkmorning breakfastexcellent staybeds were comfortableclean hoteltwo nightstop floorfitness centerhot cinnamon bunspatriotshieelevatorcumberlandcouch
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Traveled here for a quick weekend, holiday get away since I had never explored the Providence area before......which it is only about 15-20 min away from this location. I don't know about room prices since I was able to use Priority Club points to pay for the entire stay.

The hotel itself isn't exactly near anything in particular unless you are staying here for business for something like the CVS headquarters. There is a decent, old style diner behind the hotel and I would have loved to have tried it but breakfast at HIE is always great and free in the morning. Parking lot was ample and had a ton of spaces, it's always nice to keep an eye on your wheels from the room which I had a view of.

We were able to check in 20 minutes after the allowable time of 3:00. I wanted to get there early to have a full day of adventure. The lady was extremely pleasant at the front desk and answered any questions we had about the area and our room.

Problems did begin immediately upon entering the room, however. The first was that the TV wasn't working. No biggie, the cleaning people had knocked out the cable wire. I looked myself at all the plugs and they seemed fine so I couldn't fix it myself, the maintenance guy was in our room 10 minutes after I called the front desk to take a look at it and it took him all of 30 sec to actually fix the problem.

Then, upon pulling back the sheets....we discovered a bunch of tiny, curly hairs all over the sheets, GROSS! Of course it's bothersome and a hassle, but the front desk immediately gave us another room right next door and we had the keys and moved all of our belongings within minutes. I understand issues can arise at a hotel and the stars for how the situation is handled at the time more than the cleanliness of the rooms themselves. Besides, there were zero issues with our new room so A+ to the front desk staff for accommodating our issues so quickly.

The breakfast in the morning was on par with all of the other HIE I have stayed at. Three different types of juice, coffee, milk, make your own pancakes, eggs, bacon, bagels, croissants, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, the list goes on and on. I actually tend to stay at Priority Club locations BECAUSE of the amazing breakfast, so kudos to them. We ate by the warm fireplace too, which was a better touch than I could have ever asked for.

Four stars for being courteous, prompt and accommodating all at the same time, it's a decent location off the beaten path.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank JDMEGARG
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel following a concert at Gillette Stadium and it was a great value. The beds were comfortable, it was very clean. There was a decent continental breakfast with coffee, juice, yogurt, pancakes and other pastries. The staff was very nice.
The only complaint I have is that I could smell smoke in our non smoking room and the walls are so thin that our noisy neighbor woke us all up talking at 7AM. We had gotten in at 2AM and 7 was much too early. Other than that it was not too bad.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank KarenL511
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woonsocket, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear KarenL511,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding cleanliness and breakfast.

However, We’re sorry about the smell of cigarette in your room and for the noise during your stay. I understand the discomfort this caused you. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Great staff, very friendly and accommodating! Surprised room did not have a refrigerator as most Holiday Inn Express Hotels do. My kids enjoyed the pool although the smell of chemicals used to treat the pool seemed a bit strong.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Booked a nonsmoking room as far from smoking as we could get.
Got a room in a hallway with smoking rooms. Stank of stale smoke and chemicals. Blocked room with towel - room still stank. Could not breathe and our throats were sore. Told by one receptionist that there were no other rooms; they were booked. We checked out without staying overnight. When we checked out, other receptionist said "oh, we gave other rooms, she (other receptionist) shouldn't have said that." We left. Oh and there was an awful hum in the pipes that carried throughout the building. Could not spend any time in the bathroom because of the sound!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank MWainer12
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woonsocket, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Dear MWainer12,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. I apologize you were assigned near smoking rooms and was disturbed by the humming sound of pipes that pass through your bathroom. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. Rest assured that your feedback will be reviewed by our team and we will take actions accordingly.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 25, 2012

We took a roadtrip north to see Jimmy Buffett at Comcast Center (aka Great Woods) in nearby Mansfield, Mass. Very easy drive to Mansfield and this hotel doesn't jack up their prices like some others do depending on nearby events. Breakfast was decent, including some fresh fruit. Very clean hotel and the staff was always very friendly. We had an issue with the air conditioning upon check-in (it was almost 100 degrees in New England, go figure!). Things break, no big deal. We were moved to another room with no hassle whatsoever. They handled it great. I believe the front desk person was named Priscilla, she was incredibly friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again. One surprising thing is that they still have smoking rooms. I'm sure they would do better if the entire hotel was non-smoking, plus easier to clean.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends