“Loved the food, beer and dessert”

River Falls Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 109 Restaurants in Woonsocket
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We were looking for someplace near out hotel for dinner on a Saturday night and found this on our Trip Advisor phone app. A few of the reviews were negative but overall this rated well. It happened to also be my wife's birthday so we wanted someplace nice. Right from parking in front and seeing the stone building and fun neon signs we knew we had found a gem.

We started with the New England Clam chowder and it was some of the best we've ever had. I was happy to find Shiner Bock on the menu as I had been wanting to try it. My wife had the prime rib and I had chicken Alfredo. Everything we had was absolutely delicious! The service was very good, but unfortunately I don't remember our servers name. After dinner we had cheesecake and coffee. Even though we were too full to finish we were both so glad we ordered dessert. Yum!!

On top of all that the bill was under $100 including the chowders, my two beers, desserts, coffee and the taxes and a good tip.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We had a private wedding and our reception was comprised of seven other people at dinner following the ceremony. The restaurant set our table up in a quiet corner. The waitress who served our table was so pleasant and efficient. One of our family had brought a small celebration cake and the waitress provided us with the tools to cut it and take-out boxes for our guests to take a piece home with them. We ordered four different appetizers and the portions were generous enough to go around to all our guests. The "traditional calamari" was by far the most popular. Our guests ordered what they wanted and no one had a meal they were unhappy with. The prime rib got the most rave reviews here. Had been to River Falls before, this visit confirmed to us that we will visit again!

Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Had the alaskan king crab legs and all u can eat shrimp. Omg. The dishes were excellant. Bread w meal with oil and garlics:). We will be coming back:)

Reviewed July 28, 2014

This was a total & welcome surprise. Relatives told us that this multifaceted restaurant was doing something special on Sundays. It was recreating a local but bygone classic- fried chicken the way Ma Glockner did it in her eponymous restaurant 50 or more years ago. From my distant memory the chicken dinner was exactly the same as it was in my youth. The accompanying cinnamon rolls were, if anything, even better. The fine folks at the restaurant have priced it as an inflation fighter. It's about the price you'd expect to pay for lunch! The whole lobster was equally impressive & the prime rib that we only saw at the next table looked formidable. We're planning on returning on other nights of the week to sample the extensive menu. The decor is in tune with former river front mill that houses this very popular spot. Huge portions, great prices, great food who could ask for anything more.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

This was a first visit to this restaurant for me. After hearing a lot of positive things about this restaurant, I decided to try it during a recent visit to Woonsocket, It was somewhat busy, as it was a Saturday night. The menu did offer a lot choices, but since I now live in Florida, I decided on a real New England item - Baked stuffed lobster. Being a solo diner often present a challenge, so I am used to that having had to travel the world for work. However, I felt the server could have been much friendlier. As far as the food is concerned, I did expect it to be much better. I can only say it is average. The meat of the lobster claws was rather tough and stringy indicating that it had been overcooked. The stuffing did have the small bay scallops, but it lacked shrimp. If it did have crab meat, it was very scarce. Overall, this is mediocre for a New England restaurant. Their advertisements were featuring lobster, so I had very high expectations for this meal. I cannot judge the other menu items, but I would be hesitant to go there again on one of my many trips each year.