“Good value for a very nice motel”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Gunnison
Boulder, Colorado
“Good value for a very nice motel”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

My wife and I stayed here recently. This motel looks rather old and ordinary, but actually is very clean, everything worked, great breakfast, and a very friendly and helpful owner. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travel963
RodewayInnGunnison, Owner at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Thank you for leaving a review. Glad everything came to your expectation inside the room and with our breakfast. Hope to see you soon.

Owners

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Canon City, Colorado
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Very clean room. Full breakfast hit the spot. We'll come back again. The owners were very helpful in letting us check in early..not a fancy place but it was comfortable. Nice lobby to have a cup of coffee.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank ColoradoGuy582
RodewayInnGunnison, Owner at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Thanks for leaving us a review. We are grateful to hear that our upgraded hot breakfast did the job and came in handy to you. It is true that we do let our guests check in early and are willing to do that if possible. Although not fancy we are delighted that we were able to exceed your expectations in terms of comfort and cleanliness.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We stayed there during our family ski trip to Crested Butte and Monarch. If you are a skier, you can order discounted lift tickets to Crested Butte at Rodeway Inn. What a great value! The motel is clean and quiet with very friendly staff. Fresh smelling, big rooms located in a single story building. They exit to the outside of the building, so you can park right there and load your car quickly in the morning. Free breakfast with nice variety of foods. Our kids loved making their own waffles :). We would definitely come back!

Room Tip: Just ask for it :). The owners are very kind.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ezreviewer
Thank you for your review. Glad you were able to benefit from our discounted lift tickets at a great price. We always strive to provide great value and are also glad to hear that we came to that expectation with you.

North Bend, Oregon
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

I don't quite get it, I expected more from the reviews.
When we checked in we were asked what time we would be down for breakfast and of course being on vacation who knows and even if we will other than coffee. The clerk wanted a time so we said we wouldn't bother him for breakfast but would come down for a couple cups of coffee. He said something about the coffee being for breakfast we have a coffee maker in our room and gave us an extra packet of coffee. We took it that he didn't want us to come in just for a cup of coffee.
When we got to our room my husband sat the coffee packet down and picked up the pot. He looked a little funny when he looked at it and then looked at me. He knew exactly what was going to come out of my mouth with me being quite germaphobic. "There is no way I am drinking coffee from that disgusting pot"! He had to drive nearly three miles the next day for a couple cups of coffee as he wasn't going to use that pot either.
The room was clean enough. The hem of the bedspread was coming apart and some dust build up on the carpet edge in the sink area. Other than that the room was clean. The heater was not very good. I was able to do a load of laundry but the room was dark at 4:30 and no light switch, luckily the light came on while my clothes were in the dryer. I was grateful for the laundry room and the fact you needed a room key to get into it. When I went to get in the shower in the morning I ran the water for a minute and it was BROWN. I took a sponge bath as I was not going to shower in brown water. The whole point is to come out cleaner than I went in after all.
This motel did what we needed except the shower but I would not say it was perfect as I was expecting but fine for an overnight stop if you know when you will eat breakfast, something I still do not understand.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank D M
RodewayInnGunnison, Owner at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We consistently strive to provide great hospitality and clean rooms even if it means improving in the smallest ways. The brown water that you mentioned was a first time occurrence and we are looking for effective ways in addressing it. We apologize about the dirty coffee pot and have notified the housekeeping as well as for the other issues of cleanliness you've experienced. Again, we will do our best to improve in anyway we can even if it means in the smallest ways.
Best Regards,
Castle Rock, Colorado
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I do a lot of traveling with my job and end up staying in many hotels. I think one of the nicest guys to ever greet me, works here at the Gunnison, Colorado Rodeway Inn. He was very polite with very good attention to detail with regards of him telling me where everything is and assured me that if there were any troubles, to not hesitate to call him, even during the night's late hours. I never had to call him but was vey impressed by him. The rooms are nice and have just about anything you would need from home; hair dryer, plenty of towels, a nice little seating area's with chairs for relaxing. The place was spotless and totally met my needs. The price was great as well. Thank you for your great customer support. PS The man at the front desk who was so pleasant, came here from Poland and I could tell he was proud to be here.

Room Tip: Single level rooms so you don't have to hear people above you stomping all around their room all...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank HedzRed
New Castle, Colorado
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is my second stay at this location. Wow, Andrew keeps this place squared away. The place is spotless, clean and neat! The rooms are basic, but comfortable and very quiet. The breakfast is good and warm. Without a doubt, I will return again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ColoTraveler45
Stuart, Florida
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We were very pleased with our stay at this property in Gunnison. The pride of ownership really shows. The owners are on premises 24 hours a day. Our room was sparkling clean and freshly remodeled. The hot breakfast was excellent. The value was great and we received the AARP discount. The staff was friendly and helpful and valued our business.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family