“Quality Inn Gunnison”

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Gunnison
Littleton, Colorado
“Quality Inn Gunnison”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

The heating equipment was more than adequate, but a little noisy.
The breakfast was very good.
The staff was very courteous and helpful.
I have stayed here in the past, and I have used their conference room for business in the past.

Room Tip: I requested a ground-floor room and was given one without question.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Michele G, Owner at Quality Inn Gunnison, responded to this review, February 8, 2016
Dear Nicholas,
Thank you so much for such a kind review. My husband and I are the new owners of the Quality Inn and we have been so blessed with such a wonderful staff. A staff that truly enjoys taking care of our wonderful guests. We hope that you will stay with us again very soon in your many travels. New bedding, drapery, and new in room coffee pots are just some of the updates that are taking place as we speak. Safe travels to you and your family.
Michele Gallowich
Owner/Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I have to say this was one of the cleanest motels/hotels I have ever stayed at. I am typically one that will disinfect when I go into a room the things that I will be touching and using like the phone, light switches, door handles, and of course the bathroom. After taking some disinfecting wipe through the room they were still white as if I hadn't even used them! I have to say that was a surprise to me and a definite plus for this hotel. The bed was comfortable but I have to say the pillows are quite small. The breakfast is why I gave only 4 stars instead of 5. The hash-browns were lukewarm and a bit on the soggy side. The eggs were also only lukewarm. They had french toast sticks that looked so unappealing I didn't try them. I did enjoy that they had bacon as most of the places only offer sausage and I enjoyed my waffle which was the only thing that seemed fresh and hot. The breakfast was edible but not up to the standards I find at other Choice Hotels. The staff from check-in to check-out was superb. They were friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Alan P, Manager at Quality Inn Gunnison, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you for your great review!

We sincerely appreciate any and all feedback! It lets us know what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. We have had others give us similar feedback regarding the breakfast as well. We are happy to report that we have installed new buffet warmers and they seem to have done the trick. Paige3M, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

harlan,ky
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is by far one of the best hotels that I have ever stayed in I've stayed at the embassy hamton inn and suites and many other hotels and this is by far one if the best the next time I'm in the Gunnison area I will most definitely be staying at the quality inn in Gunnison

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you for your great review!
We sincerely appreciate your support and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Salt Lake City
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I travel to Gunnison Co. about every 4 weeks on business and always stay at the Quality Inn. I found the rooms to be large and roomy, and very clean. I love there bathrooms No cheap tissue, the beds were comfortable and the rooms are very quite. Internet connection meets my needs and the staff have always been friendly and helpful. Would recommend this place to anyone traveling thru town.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Alan P, Manager at Quality Inn Gunnison, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you for your great review!

As always we sincerely appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon! Happy Holidays!.

Colorado
Reviewed November 23, 2013

This Quality Inn is about average for a Choice Hotel, but seemed a bit expensive ($81+taxes) for an off season stay in Gunnison. Front desk staff was friendly, room was clean, bed was very comfortable. Not too busy, so little noise from the parking area. Didn't visit the pool area.
Breakfast was disappointing. The hot selections appeared old and questionable in holding temperature, woman "working" breakfast spent the whole time on her cell phone. Opted for a glass of juice and stale danish. Quality Inn in Montrose, about 60 miles west, is $55+taxes per night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Harleyz
Longmont, CO
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel before - the last time was about 2 1/2 years ago. We like the location because our friends live about 3 blocks away and we can walk back and forth. This visit we had the "suite" which we had the last time we were there. The first room is the basic hotel room entered from the outside and it has a large bathroom with "spa" tub attached. The second bedroom is entered from the first bedroom and has no windows but does have a door into the bathroom. The second BR can be locked off so that the first BR can be rented as a single room. We thought that the door from the 2nd BR to the bathroom was locked so called the front desk to come unlock it. The young man that came up said that it wasn't locked but that the doorknob mechanism was broken. This is a safety problem in that there are no windows in that room so the only exit would be into the first BR - if fire was blocking that door, then the door into the BR could be utilized IF it would open! It's also a privacy/convenience issue in that if two couples are sharing the suite, one couple has to go through the other couple's bedroom to get to the bathroom. There was also a dirty towel hanging on the back of the bathroom door when we arrived - left by a previous occupant. We stayed for two nights and housekeeping didn't come into the room at all. After showering the first morning, we left our used towels on the bathroom floor and when we got back at 9pm the next night, they were still there. Had to call the front desk for clean towels for the next morning. The pillows on both beds were the most broken-down, tiny, lumpy pillows I've ever had the misfortune to come in contact with. The management definitely needs to spring for some new pillows. We called & requested more pillows - 3 out of the 4 new pillows they brought were at least not lumpy. One of the four of us had to sleep with a lumpy pillow! This hotel was previously a Holiday Inn and when the new Holiday Inn was built, became a Quality Inn. The owner/management has definitely let this hotel become tired and worn out in more than one way which is very sad as it is so close to Western State College that it stays busy from those visitors, I would guess. The front desk staff was always friendly and responsive, even if they couldn't solve the problem (the broken doorknob mechanism). We didn't eat breakfast there either day so can't comment on that.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank gerbette
Sedalia, Colorado
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed here as one night of a 3 day road trip. Clean, goodsized room. Loved the huge bathroom, with large vanity area, and spa tub. Bed was comfortable, and nice to have frige and microwave in the room. We were on the upper floor, and the rooms open up to outdoor walkway, so was very noisy in the morning when guests were leaving. Also, not much privacy for the window, had to keep curtains closed as people were walking by. The complimentary breakfast was good, waffles, bagles, cereal, fruit, eggs, meat, and hashbrowns,etc.juice and coffee.
There is a small indoor pool, with hot tub, nice for a quick dip before bed.
Worth the price, clean, and friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for room at the end, longer walk but would be quiter from the outside foot traffic.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gunnison
Comfort Inn
#3 of 7 in Crested Butte
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#8 of 12 in Gunnison

Been to Quality Inn Gunnison? Share your experiences!