“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Gunnison
Colorado
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed September 3, 2009

We orginally booked here because of the good price we received, so I wasn't expecting alot, but this property was a very nice place to stay! The rooms were well kept, stocked, and clean. Everything was in working order, and our daily cleaning was very good. The Front Desk people we encountered were very polite, professional, and helpful towards anyone who came thru the front door. The only thing I noticed during our stay was the indoor pool was a little cold. (too cold for me, but my grandson was fine with it!) Overall, we had a very nice stay, and plan to stay there again in the future.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed August 28, 2009

Stayed for one night in a spotlessly clean,well decorated king bed room with toiletries, coffee maker and hairdryer..Staff were pleasant and accommodating and complimentary breakfast was fresh and more than adequate.
I checked prices at the Gunnison Inn motel before checking in and the prices there were $30 more for a room of similar standard (but directly on ther road) and $10 more for an unrenovated room which could not compare!
Highly reccommended in all respects.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
mcminnville or
Reviewed August 21, 2009

Quiet, clean, and comfortable, with a responsive staff. Room was large and complete. No view but we were looking for value and found it here. Stayed two nights. Very quiet at night although next to the airport which was noisy during the day with touch and go training flights? We ate at Marios restaurant (suggested by the desk) and found it excellent. Breakfast was the usual but included waffles.
Bookworm

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 8, 2009

We stayed here one night and found it to be a great little place. Rooms clean and good sized, decor is cute, the breakfast better than average and the staff very nice. I sprained my ankle on a hike after we checked out, and as we were leaving town that afternoon, I stopped back in to ask if I could have a bag of ice for my ankle. The owner was so kind and went out of her way to help me. I'd stay here again in a minute!

Commerce, Georgia
Reviewed August 2, 2009

While traveling with my husband and my parents on a road trip, we drove into Gunnison and stayed at the Alpine Inn for one night July 18th. Since we had no reservations, we had our pick of most all of the area hotels. After driving around checking prices and trying to decide, we found the Alpine Inn. It is a small, family owned hotel located in a quiet area of town. While the inn isn't close enough to walk to most places, it is close enough to quickly drive a short drive anywhere in town. The owners, Teresa and John are very friendly and offer great customer service. The inn seems to be the most reasonably priced when compared to the other area hotels, yet it offers the same amenities. I am picky about hotels and found this one to be in no way lacking.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
annapolis , MD.
Reviewed August 25, 2008

After staying a week in Colorado, visting many chain and private hotels/motels, It was by far one of the best places we stopped. The staff was without a doubt the best, the breakfast and lobby were fantastic. the rooms were clean. The swimming pool and hot tub were imaculate. The hotel was full at the time of our stay, and I did not see one unhappy face. What else is there to say, friendly and helpfull staff, clean and spacious hotel, wifi, hot tub and swimming pool, great breakfast all for under $100.

• Liked — price
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank swiftyupser
Fort Lauderdale, Fl
Reviewed August 16, 2007

The hotel is across from an airport and fuel tanks, a most un- attractive location. Upon checking in I asked for a ground floor room and was turned down promptly. I was told by an unfriendly middle aged man that the hotel was very busy. That evening I saw only a few people, parking lot remained half full. It appears that this hotel attracts "working people" vs. tourists.
The complimentary breakfast offered was not maintained and no one was around to replenish, passed on it.
The place was clean but had a weird creepy feel to it! I would choose the Quality Inn instead.

• Liked — room was clean
  • Disliked — eery feel to it, poor location
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family