“Accommodating, friendly staff/owners”
Review of The Alpine Inn

The Alpine Inn
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Gunnison
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Staff members were quite accommodating and friendly. The room was basic, but clean and contained all the basics. Nice to have internet at no charge.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 29, 2012

The whole hotel is nicely decorated. I especially liked the lobby/breakfast area. The room was very clean and had all of the common amenities. I asked John if he had a corkscrew I could borrow. He was nice enough to look around until he found one and loaned it to me. I slept very soundly in the comfortable bed and had enough room to stretch out with all of my electronics.

I was disappointed in the breakfast. I got the impression from a sign or ad that there would be a full, hot breakfast. I expected scrambled eggs and perhaps more. The only hot things were waffles and whatever you put in the toaster. Also, it would have been nice to have had milk or half-and-half instead of powdered "creamer".

Although it didn't really matter to me, I should comment that my second floor room overlooked some kind of contruction company junk yard. Again, I personally didn't care because I was not expecting to see the grand views of Colorado from my hotel room. But some people might find it off-putting. A first-floor room probably wouldn't have the view I had.

Nonetheless, my stay was a great overall value. On this trip, all I really wanted was a comfortable, clean room with decent coffee along with breakfast. if I am looking for the same kind of thing the next time I am in the area, I would considern staying here again.

Room Tip: The view from a second floor room on the right side (South, I think) might not be great.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jim M
Reviewed May 28, 2012

On our family vacation through Colorado we chose this hotel for our stop over in Gunnison based on the good reviews and reasonable price. The reviews are right, the Alpine Inn was really a great value with the clean and well furnished rooms and not to mention the better than typical motel breakfast. If we pass through Gunnison again the whole family agrees we will definitely stay here.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Room large for type of motel. Very friendly front desk. clean & updated room, comfy bed. Good breakfast. Great price. Highly recommend.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We drove all over Gunnison looking for the nicest place in town and it seems like the Alpine is it. They have a decent pool and hot tub, a very nice lobby, very friendly staff and a better than average continental breakfast. We really enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Ronald N
Reviewed March 13, 2012

The company I work for has been doing construction on western state college for the past two years and we have stayed in most of the establishments in gunnison and let me just say this is the best one in town. The owners are the most friendly and helpful people in gunnison. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the breakfast served is superb. We won't be staying any where else while we are in gunnison! Keep up the great work John and Teresa.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank John H
Reviewed March 1, 2012

The folks who own and run this place went out of their way to accommodate my travel needs. They couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. The room was extremely clean and the bed very comfortable and you can see they have upgraded many features. All for a great price.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank wearethree
Travelers also viewed these Gunnison hotels
Comfort Inn
#11 of 12 in Gunnison
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#9 of 12 in Gunnison

Been to The Alpine Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Alpine Inn

Address: 1011 Rio Grande Ave, Gunnison, CO 81230-3915 (Formerly Gunnison Ramada Limited)
Location: United States > Colorado > Gunnison
Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
#1 Best Value Hotel in Gunnison
Price Range: $63 - $84 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — The Alpine Inn 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Alpine Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Alpine Hotel Gunnison