My husband and I stayed for about a week. The people at the desk were friendly and shared the hotel had been completely remodeled over the spring. Our room wasn't bad, but I don't think they remodeled everything. Our shower/bathtub was older and dirty. The beds were most likely new and very hard. There are two hot tubs outside on a covered patio that seemed new, but needed chairs or places to set your towels as we had to hang ours on the fence. All in all, for the price we paid, we got a good deal with average rooms and great aervice.
Dear Valued Guest
I want to say thank you for your response and I am glad that you enjoyed your stayed. I also like your suggestion about a towel hook around the hot tubs, I plan on doing that. I hope the next time you visit Gunnison you will choose to stay with us.
This property was apparently recently renovated
* Location: just a beautiful 30 minute drive to Crested Butte
* Rebecca the desk clerk (not Rebecca the manager)
* Low rates compared to other properties in the area
* They honored our request for a first floor room, as one of my friends had a foot injury
* The rooms are nice, although ours was very small.
We were there for three nights...checking in Friday afternoon, and out Monday morning.
* The first room we were assigned to, 106, had a fan in the bathroom that didn't work. We had to move all of our luggage (3 people) to another room.
* Saturday, we went to Crested Butte, and left the hotel at 9 am . We returned at 9pm to find that our room had not been made up. The beds were unmade, the dirty towels were still on the floor of the bathroom, and the trash cans were still full. I reported it to the desk clerk, Rebecca, who said she had no idea why. She went into the linen storage room and gave me three bath towels, one hand towel, and no washcloths. I had to go to our room, get the dirty towels, take them to the linen room myself, and get the hand towels and washcloths myself., Rebecca told me to talk to Rebecca the manager the next morning, when she'd be on duty.
* The next morning,, I asked the young, male desk clerk for Rebecca the manager. I was told she was asleep (it was 7 am). I went back at 8 and was told she was still asleep. The manager's husband was there, and I told him what had happened. I asked for a discount on my room for that night. He said he'd check with Rebecca, and they'd leave a note under my door as to what would be done. He also told me management was off on the weekends, and there was no manager on duty on the weekends. There was no note under my door as he'd promised.
* I called the hotel Sunday afternoon to see if it was resolved. Rebecca the desk clerk told me that the management couple was out, was unreachable by cell phone, and that I'd have to talk to them when I returned that evening.
* Sunday evening, we had our door slightly cracked, as one of our friends had walked out to the car for a moment. Rebecca the manager stumbled into our room without knocking. When I asked if I could help her, she didn't respond, turned around, stumbled out, and went into the room next door. Really?!?!?
* I talked to the husband again, and he granted us a discount for the day before when our room was not cleaned. He had no explanation as to why Rebecca would have come into our room without knocking.
* At one point, I was at Safeway, called back to the hotel to talk to my friend in our room, and the desk clerk, who was new, said he didn't know how to transfer me to my room,.
* The breakfast, although "free" (included in the room rate) lacks healthy options. There are waffles, biscuits and gravy, bagels and muffins, stale raisin bran, fruit loops, canned fruit, and oatmeal packets. No fresh fruit, no yogurt, no real protein sources like hard boiled eggs.
Overall, it was a decent property with seriously terrible management and service. They definitely have some issues they need to resolve.
Dear Valued Guest,
First, I want to apologize for the many inconveniences that you encountered during your stay. We always strive to make each guest’s stay memorable, comfortable, and happy, during their visit; and it is distressing to hear of your dissatisfaction. It is of utmost importance that our housekeeping staff leaves every room clean, well-stocked, and in order. Our entire team is very sorry to hear that this was not the case in your room.
I understand that having a manager on property is important, and I apologize for any confusion, as Robert is one of our managers. We understand that everything was not perfect during your stay, but we appreciate that you shared the positives as well. Thank you for sharing that our front desk staff was accommodating, and that you enjoyed the beauty that our town has to offer. Our guest satisfaction is our number one priority, and we appreciate your review. Since we were just recently remodeled, and reopened, our staff is undergoing lots of training, and your comments will help up to better our guest experience and satisfaction.
We really enjoyed our one night stay at this Days Inn. Service was friendly and helpful from the time we arrived until we checked out. The complimentary fresh cookies were a wonderful touch! Breakfast had a wide variety of food and was kept nicely stocked and clean throughout the breakfast time. Our room was also clean and well maintained. I would stay here again on my next visit to Gunnison.
Dear Valued Guest
I am glad that you enjoyed our fresh cookies and the breakfast. I hope to see you in the near future.
Manager gave me a ride to convenience store to get an item I needed, when he was leaving for and errand. I thought that was really nice. They were really friendly.
Dear valued Guest:
I am glad that we were able to meet your expectations and hope that we would see you in the future. Thank you for your review.