The Inn at Tomichi Village
Quality Inn Gunnison(Gunnison)(Great Value!)
$77
Very Good 4/5
The Alpine Inn(Gunnison)(Great Value!)
$116
$68
$123
Rodeway Inn(Gunnison)(Great Value!)
$81
RodewayInn
Great 4.5/5
Days Inn & Suites Gunnison(Gunnison)(Great Value!)
$73
Comfort Inn(Gunnison)(Great Value!)
$76
Econo Lodge(Gunnison)(Great Value!)
$80
Very Good 4/5
Long Holiday Motel(Gunnison)(Great Value!)
$95
Orbitz.com
A-B-C Motel(Gunnison)(Great Value!)
$95
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsfire pitblue tableon site restaurantrestaurant next doorrocking chairslittle touchesrubber ducknicely appointed roomsin towncrested buttehot tub and poolski weekendgrassy areasausageroad tripcontinental breakfasteggs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We were on a last minute ski weekend trip between Monarch and Crested Butte and were able to get two rooms the Saturday night we stayed. I've stayed here before the new owners purchased the place last year and the new owners have done an incredible job remodeling the rooms we stayed in. It felt like staying in a multi-star hotel but with the convenience of parking right outside the door which is very convenient with ski gear. Temperatures were below zero outside but the room was pre-warmed to above 70 when we walked in. Ten minutes after unpacking we received a phone call from the front desk asking if everything was OK or if we needed anything. The continental breakfast we had was above any of the chain hotels I've stayed at and the manager talked to each guest in the breakfast room.

I'll definitely be staying there again for trips to Crested Butte in the summer and winter.

The manager also said they were remodeling and planning on opening the restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank NealPederson
Alejandro G, General Manager at The Inn at Tomichi Village, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Neal,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We were very happy to read your great review and to hear how much you enjoyed your stay here with us!
We have worked very hard remodeling-thank you for noticing. And yes, we are currently remodeling and plan on opening our new restaurant in the late spring-the Blue Mesa Grill.
Again, thanks for reviewing us and we look forward to seeing you again!
Warm regards,

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one of the stops on my road trip home for the holidays. I booked it because the reviews and photos looked great. To make a long story short my expectations were met and exceeded. The reviews and photos were spot on and it had the extra bonus of being secluded from all those awful big name big box hotels, you know the ones I mean. The staff was so welcoming and responsive, I felt my business was appreciated. The room was clean and looked recently decorated. The bed linens were crisp and clean, and the bed was very fluffy just like the fresh towels. My bathroom had this adorable little rubber duckie in it, a small touch that I won't soon forget. After my great nights rest I went and checked out the breakfast, which was a full breakfast made to order. They said that was because of the slow season, but I didn't care because it was made fresh for me, added bonus! After I finished breakfast I packed up and checked out, again the staff was outstanding. Upon leaving I discovered another great thing about this place is, it is on the way to Crested Butte. This was a perfect excuse for me to get some snowboarding in. This place would be a perfect to stay at for a skiing or snowboarding trip in Crested Butte. I will definitely be back here for my annual road trip.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Lee K
Alejandro G, General Manager at The Inn at Tomichi Village, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Lee,

Thank you for reviewing us after your visit. We were very happy to hear how much you enjoyed staying with us and hope that you will indeed visit us again on your next trip to the area. So glad to hear that you had the opportunity to get in some snowboarding on your trip...it's great, isn't it?

Thanks again!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We made this reservation because we were on our way to Telluride, and thought we would stop half way. The comments and pictures looked great. We arrived and were given the key to a room (all the rooms and windows open to the outside--very unprivate and insecure), and when we drove to it (in cold weather, it is really better to have inside rooms and elevators!) we found it in a total uproar, beds unmade, refridg in the middle of the room, etc. So, we carried our suitcases down the outside stairs and put them back into the car (below 0 weather) and drove back to the office. They said that the maintenance man must have turned on the heat in the wrong unit, or the housekeeping made up the wrong unit. They then gave us the key to the room next to it. Rewind, and we went to that room, all the while freezing outside in the cold weather. This room was made up, but smelled terribly musty, and had an empty plastic bottle sticking out from under the bed. The beds had unusually heavy blankets on, which felt like an x-ray shield while trying to sleep. It was hard to turn over, and we weren't comfortable with the intense smell. Also, we were much too hot. The heat would not turn down or off to a comfortable temperature, so we were forced to try to sleep on top of the blankets. The bathroom showed dirty grout between the tiles, the unmovable shower nozzle faced almost straight out at an inconvenient 90 degree angle, and the cover for the screws on the metal hand hold was off and dangling. The next morning we went to get the "free buffet breakfast" only to find a very pleasant woman there telling us that we had to order. We asked for eggs and muffins and a bagel, and were given about two forkfuls of scrambled eggs, and a badly burned bagel. She asked if we wanted her to make some more eggs, and we said, yes, please, and she asked if I wanted another bagel instead of the charred one. I told her not to bother. We told her about the blankets and she told us it got quite cold there. I said we were from CO, and had stayed at all the ski resorts where it, too, was very cold. But they had warm but light quilts which were not uncomfortable. We told her it had been too hot, and she again said it was cold there, and that and the bad smell were probably a result of the maintenance man turning on the heat--that it always smells at first. It appeared we were the only guests that night, maybe one other car, and they were not at all ready for guests. Furthermore, they are not actually in Gunnison, but a ways before the city limits. Just after the city limits we saw what appeared to be a nice Holiday Inn Express, which would have been a better choice. This room cost $122 with tax, and it was definitely not worth it. She agreed to take $10 off for our inconvenience, but I would have much rather had a good night's sleep. I would absolutely not recommend this place until they get their act together.

Room Tip: There is no restaurant, no room service. No elevators, because it is really a motel, and all rooms open to the outside. If you are on the ground floor, it is very accessible to anyone to break in. If it is on the second floor, you have to lug your luggage up outside stairs, no matter the weather.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank janels

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We dropped the ball by putting you in the wrong room, unfortunately the ball kept rolling and got really big! We must apologize for the things we could have done better. The error with the room was a miscommunication between our front desk and the maintenance man. The breakfast, yes, it is a daily challenge to try to provide food for only a few people when you are more set up to feed a crowd. We didn’t meet that challenge on the day you visited us but thank you for pointing out that while the breakfast didn’t meet your expectations our employee was very pleasant. Your comments about the shower nozzle, grout and handle cover have all been addressed by the maintenance man.

We’re sorry that our blankets made you so uncomfortable. We’ve received many compliments on this personal preference item you mention. We probably will not be changing our brand new bedding any time soon, sorry.

Finally there is our location and the fact that we are a motel and not a hotel. Those two items are things we just cannot realistically change. We are not a hotel with indoor elevators and nowhere do we try to imply that we are. Sorry if you misunderstood. And yes we do realize we are 1.5 miles from downtown Gunnison but again we have many customers who tell us they love that about The Inn because it is so peaceful. And again, that is really a matter of personal preference.

Again, thank you so much for taking the time to review us!

P.S. We'll have our restaurant open in a few months.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We just spent a few nights at The Inn at Tomichi Village which is located very near the city limits of Gunnison, CO. I expected a nice stay based on the reviews I had read. The rooms are very nice as the place has been renovated recently. The hot tub, pool area was very nice also. We were pleasantly surprised with breakfast each morning. Maybe because it is the off season, we were waited on and our breakfast was cooked to order! Very nice! Get a deluxe queen room if you can! Since we were there to ski we loved being able to park our car right outside of our room for quick and easy access. No complaints at all and we are looking forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: Get a deluxe room if you can!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for reviewing us-we appreciate your time. We were happy to hear you really enjoyed your visit with us and that you look forward to staying here again. Hope you enjoyed the skiing also!
Again, thank you.

With warm regards,

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Very comfortable, affordable and spacious hotel in Gunnison CO. We stayed for a short 2 day trip to Crested Butte Ski resort and found the accommodations to be perfect. Staff was very friendly and eager to please. Rooms were recently redecorated and large enough for our party. Hot tub and pool were exactly what we needed after a full day of skiing. Heating was a bit high and took the room quite some time to cool, but once we got there we were fine and the hotel staff were very concerned about our comfort levels.

Room Tip: Rooms next fo the main office are quite warm during the winters.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Alejandro G, General Manager at The Inn at Tomichi Village, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking a few minutes to review us here on Trip Advisor, we really do appreciate all comments we receive. We were happy to hear you enjoyed your visit with us and hope we'll see you again should you pass this way again!

With warmest regards,