“Good hotel”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Gunnison
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Gunnison
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Nice hotel next to university with friendly staff and good rooms.
The hotel is under renovation, so expect minor inconveniences.
Breakfast very average, expect fast food restaurant quality.
Our room was very nice and spotless.

Room Tip: I' stay on the back away from highway
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Waltertu
Jacob4955, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Gunnison, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Thank you for your feedback! We apologize the breakfast was mediocre, thankfully we just updated our breakfast bar and added some more fruit and an oatmeal station!
Sierra Bearth

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Beautiful reception area really gives you a Colorado welcome! Friendly and helpful staff. The rooms are what you expect from a HI Express. Roomy, clean and with a coffee pot which is a must for us. What I found really nice here is that there is a little sink by the coffee pot and microwave. Only negative is the thin styrofoam cups. Prefer the thicker cardboard style. Overall a great experience. Oh yes, don't forget the included hot breakfast!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gisela S
Jacob4955, Sales Coordinator at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Gunnison, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you so much for the 5-star review! We appreciate your feedback very much! Thank you for your comments on the styrofoam cups. I will definitely pass that on! I am very glad to hear that you had an overall great experience! We hope to have you back again in the future!

Reviewed December 17, 2013

When I first walked into the hotel, I was impressed by the lobby/reception area. Very nice but when I got to the room I quickly realized that this was just a typical average HI Express. The rooms were clean but very plain and looked like it needed a cosmetic refresh. The staff on the other hand was very friendly and courteous. They made sure they stopped to say hi and ask how your day was and if I needed anything. The weather was extremely cold (-17) and several days of snow. They did a nice job keeping the walkways free of snow/ice and the parking lot plowed. The breakfast was the standard boring HI Express breakfast. Not a lot of choices for hotels in Gunnison but I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Jacob4955, Sales Coordinator at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Gunnison, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express-Gunnison. It is hard to hear that you found our hotel just "average" but next time you visit, we hope that we can exceed your expectations. Again, we truly appreciate your feedback and will work on the issues you addressed. We hope to have you back again in the future!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

This is a fine, new hotel on the highway outside Gunnison. Our room was comfortable, spacious ans spot clean with all the amneties one would expect from the Holiday Inn.
The restaurant is only for breakfast. For a good dinner you have to drive to downtown. The receptionist recommended an Italian restaurant further out of town that was very good.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacob4955, Sales Coordinator at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Gunnison, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you so much for the great feedback on your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express-Gunnison. I am very glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our rooms and that our staff recommended a great place for you to eat. We hope to have you back again in the future!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Overall, I was really pleased with my stay. The front desk staff is friendly and helpful- I appreciated that they were able to accommodate my early check-in! My room was very clean, had a lovely view, and was quiet. The bathrooms are quite nice and the Bath and Body Works products were a nice plus. During my 4 day stay I also made use of the games in the main lounge area, which is a comfortable area to meet with other friends and family staying at the hotel. A few areas of improvement: the carpets were vacuumed upon arrival, but were not vacuumed again during my stay. After a few days of exploring around town shoes are bound to track in grass, dirt, etc. Also, on the day of check-out, housekeeping knocked on the door at 9:00 a.m. I notified her that I wouldn't be leaving for the airport until 11:30 so I would be packing in the room until close to that time. At 10:55 a.m. housekeeping again (!) walked right into the room- without knocking, or apologizing. At 10:59 a.m. I walked to the front desk to check-out (11:00 a.m. is the posted check-out time) and housekeeping was mopping the floor right in front of the check-out area. While, it may be argued that there is no "good" time to have wet floors in the entrance area, check-out time seems to be a particularly poor choice! Note: I was not the only guest checking out at this time so the front lobby was busy with guests.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Jacob4955, Sales Coordinator at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Gunnison, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you so much for you 5-star review about your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express-Gunnison! I am very glad to hear that had a positive experience for the most part here in Gunnison. As for the other issues, I sincerely apologize and those issues were addressed immediately. We truly do appreciate any negative feedback so that we are able to better our hotel for you for future stays as well as other guests. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

The room was extremely nice and very clean. I loved the bathroom that was quite big with a nice large vanity to accommodate me with all my cleansers, lotions, and make-up. I really appreciated that feature. Breakfast included which I think is a very nice feature. The food was good and the dining area was extremely clean. Overall, it was a very nice experience and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor across from the swimming pool. Had an entrance from the back that was...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your 5-star review about your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express-Gunnison! I am so glad to hear that you were able to enjoy your room and breakfast among other things during your stay. We would love to have you back again in the future!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We go to Gunnison every year with our son's hockey games. We always try to stay here because the location is close to the rink. The accomodations are clean and friendly. The breakfast is top notch. What a great property!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Jacob4955, Sales Coordinator at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Gunnison, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you so much for your 5-star review! I am so glad to hear that you are able to enjoy our location, amenities, and accommodations. We are looking forward to having your hockey back at our hotel!

Sales Coordinator

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gunnison
The Inn at Tomichi Village
#11 of 12 in Gunnison
The Alpine Inn
The Alpine Inn
#6 of 12 in Gunnison

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Gunnison? Share your experiences!