“Wedding time !!!”

Garlic Mike's Italian Cuisine
Ranked #2 of 50 Restaurants in Gunnison
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located just 3 miles morth of town on the Gunnison River. East coast Italian Cuisine featuring pasta, seafood, chicken and veal and traditional Italian fare and non traditional daily specials. Creative cocktails and wine list. Dine al fresco style on our covered, heated patio in summer, or a fireside table in winter. Featured on the Travel Channels "Food Paradise"-"Garlic Paradise. A tourists and locals favorite for over 20 years.
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
“Wedding time !!!”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We traveled from NJ to Gunnison CO to celebrate the marriage of our daughter and fiance. They arranged to have the reception catered at Garlic Mike's. I can only say "FANTASTIC" The food, the service, the venue, and the attentiveness to us that night. Mike and his staff were there everytime we turned around, asking us constantly if we needed anything, if everything was okay. The venue out back made for the most beautiful backdrop for the occasion. Then the food, it was Delicious. I am Italian so am a little picky about my Italian food, I was NOT disappointed. If you are passing through the small town of Gunnison, you must stop here for a dinner. It is a place you will rave about to no end.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank deannalcleaver

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Definitely a favorite place to dine”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Terrific food and a great location along the Gunnison River. Get a reservation as this spot is very popular with the locals!

Visited August 2014
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“Good food, large portions”
Reviewed August 17, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We stop here on most trips up to our home in Mt Crested Butte but usually call for a reservation because it is so popular.

Visited August 2014
Kerrville, Texas
“Mamma Mia - mi piace molto!!”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Our host at Sawtooth Lodge B&B recommended Garlic Mike's, and boy, are we glad he did! Owned and operated by Garlic Mike himself, we were ushered into a lively, bustling place packed with happy guests and luscious aromas. We managed a table without a reservation, but it's probably better to get one, especially if you want a patio seat. It took a little while to get a waiter to our table, but once that happened, the service was smooth and seamless. The wine list is ample, the salad was fresh, the accompanying bread could put five pounds on me in one night if I ate all I'd like to have, and the food was superb. I'll be honest...it's been over 2 months since we were there (!), and I can't remember the name of my dish other than that it was a pasta mixture with a red sauce and some great veggies and cheese blends thrown in. It measured up to my standard of what a good, simple, fresh Italian style dish should be. My hubby had a standard spaghetti and meatballs dish, and he left full and happy. We really knew Mike was doing it right when we talked to him about his *homemade* limoncello --- and then drank some! He'd just finished a batch of cream style limoncello, and again...it passed with flying colors! Not to sound like a food snob, but my husband and I have been to Italy multiple times, so it makes allowance for a teeny bit of food-snobbery values when eating in Italian restaurants! Oh...and I make my own limoncello at home, too. Salute!
So if you're in the area, be sure and make a stop at Garlic Mike's. I'm drooling just thinking about it again...

Visited June 2014
Houston, Texas
“Float and Dine FUN!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

On the spur of the moment we decided to try the Float and Dine. From the start, it was nothing but fun. There were four of us joining several other parties for the Float. In our raft we had six plus our wonderful guide, Garrett. The ride was about an hour and a half. We brought our own "adult beverages" and had fun listening to interesting stories from Garrett as we rode along. Once we arrived at the restaurant, they were ready for us. We had a table in the tent which was great. Our dinner was fun and relaxing and our waiter, John, was very sweet and attentive. Garlic Mike also came by to make sure all was good. We all enjoyed our food and had more than enough to keep us happy. We definitely plan to do this again and recommend it to others.

• Visited August 2014