“Best restaurant around!!”

Garlic Mike's Italian Cuisine
Ranked #1 of 51 Restaurants in Gunnison
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located just 3 miles morth of town on the Gunnison River. East coast Italian Cuisine featuring pasta, seafood, chicken and veal and traditional Italian fare and non traditional daily specials. Creative cocktails and wine list. Dine al fresco style on our covered, heated patio in summer, or a fireside table in winter. Featured on the Travel Channels "Food Paradise"-"Garlic Paradise. A tourists and locals favorite for over 20 years.
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

I am reading these reviews and am cannot believe what people are saying. Garlic Mike's is one of the best Italian restaurants in the state. Mike has his food down to an art form..which is why he has been featured on various cooking and news programs. The staff is friendly and well-trained. What I am noticing most in the reviews is people complaining of their food taking too long, and not being great. Being an Italian myself, I can only assure that what comes out of mike's kitchen is as close as I will ever get to what used to be lovingly produced from my grandmother's. I can't help but wonder if these reviewers aren't used to real Italian, but rather the crap they are used to eating at the Olive Garden. As far as how fast the food comes out, it takes the normal time of any nice restaurant. If you're expecting fast food, there's a McDonalds about a mile up the road. Here is my suggestion to the quick to complainers: make a reservation, order a bottle of wine and the mussels, sit back and relax and realize that you are in Gunnison, one of the most beautiful places in the world, and slow down a little. Maybe if you're lucky, Mike himself will come by and treat you like family..the way he does all his guests. Still not impressed? Then maybe you should question yourself and head somewhere else. Because Garlic Mikes is perfection which is why it is loved by locals and travelers alike. Finally, do yourself a favor and order the Filetto di Lombardia. You're welcome.

3  Thank April S
There are newer reviews for Garlic Mike's Italian Cuisine

Reviewed June 24, 2014

We ate there tonight. When we walked in, we were asked if we had a reservation. We didn't but there were plenty of empty tables. After about a 5 minute wait, we were seated. Staff was very friendly. I ordered a drink, unfortunately, it was so strong, I couldn't drink it. We then ordered our meal, it took over 30 minutes to get 2 salads. Our server did apologize, but I'm not real sure why a simple dinner salad took so long. It took quite some time to get a refill on tea and my server never once acknowledged that I was not drinking my cocktail. Our entrees were very slow coming out but they were ok. Nothing I would go back for. When we paid out, our server was extremely slow in bringing our change. I am an excellent tipper for good service, but I only left 20% for the service we got. Also, she brought me the wrong change which slightly cut into her tip. I should have probably told her, but never saw her again.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

I have been here twice in recent years and both times found the service to be slow, even when not crowded. Spaghetti and meatballs seemed expensive to me at $16, but was good.

Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

I was visiting a friend in Gunnison and decided to try garlic mikes after hearing so many good things. Long story short, I was extremely disappointed. The food was just okay and the service was terrible. I think my waitress was new to the restaurant, but still. Needless to say, I will not return on my next visit.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Hands down the best restaurant in the gunnison valley.especially rare to find good Italian food in Colorado but this is amazing! No bad dishes. If you don't like garlic mikes you don't know good food! Any local will agree its the best in town.

4  Thank Alimanny