“Good food & service.”

Garlic Mike's Italian Cuisine
Ranked #3 of 50 Restaurants in Gunnison
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Located just 3 miles morth of town on the Gunnison River. East coast Italian Cuisine featuring pasta, seafood, chicken and veal and traditional Italian fare and non traditional daily specials. Creative cocktails and wine list. Dine al fresco style on our covered, heated patio in summer, or a fireside table in winter. Featured on the Travel Channels "Food Paradise"-"Garlic Paradise. A tourists and locals favorite for over 20 years.
Texas
“Good food & service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Got what I expected. Good food and great service. Waitress was excellent.
I'd go back when in Gunnison.

“Pretty Good Food, Strange Ending”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Dined here as a party of 6. Sat on the back porch which it was a nice evening for. Overall ambiance was cute.

Kids lemonade came out watery, like it had half the flavoring it should have. We switched to apple juice. Server brought teenager a kiddie cup of soda. He wasn't thrilled. Was brought regular size.

Bread with garlicky butter and bruschetta topping was nice as an intro. Garlic fry appetizer enough for table to share and the olive dipping mayo was great. Caprese salad got the description 'these tomatoes aren't very good', but maybe you can't get good tomatoes in Colorado.

Caesar salad ok, not really worth the $2.75 upgrade charge as listed on the menu. Cream of mushroom soup very good though - would get again.

Wife and I got different shrimp dishes - scampi, and something with a mustard tarragon sauce. I had polenta as my side which was a good accompaniment. There were plenty of shrimp, so we both only finished 2/3s of the dishes.

Now the weird thing. I asked for some boxes so we could take the leftover shrimp home. Our server said she would take care of it and took the plates. She came back with a small 2x3x4 box that she gave to me and then left with more plates. We discovered that she had scraped the entire contents of both plates into one box. The scampi, the tarragon shrimp, the linguini, the polenta and the leftover vegetables. Gross! She came back and we commented on the packing and she said 'I thought you wanted it all in one box'. We said 'of course not, and now we don't want this' and left the box in the table.

So I rated value and service a 3 because we lost out on a good portion of shrimp at $20 a plate. So we left unhappy due to this.

I would probably go back, but be very clear with instructions.

Oklahoma
“Excellent Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stopped to inquire about possible fires on our motorcycle route and was told by one of the forestry people that if we were going to be staying in Gunnison, CO, we needed to go to Garlic Mike's out on the river. We could tell by the amount of cars in the parking lot that this must be the place to go. We sat outside and enjoyed the scenery and two servings of bread with garlic butter, as we waited on our shrimp scampi and chicken parmesan. The service was a little slow, because they didn't have enough wait people to take care of the crowd, but as my husband began to devour his shrimp scampi, he decided it was worth the wait! My chicken parmesan was delicious and after a long day of riding, we were thankful we had been told about this place!

• Visited July 2012
Pitkin, Colorado
“Outstanding Steaks, Excellent Pasta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

Best restaurant anywhere for fabulous steaks and pasta! My favorite steak entree is New York Strip Gorgonzola, but the others choices all are delicious too! We've simply never had a meal at Garlic Mikes that was less than a ten on a one to ten scale. Even their dinner salad with the house Italian dressing is perfection. I'm raving, yes; but if you read my other reviews, you'll see I'm not usually a raver. Garlic Mikes deserves an outstanding rating.

Prices have gone up in the past couple years making it harder to enjoy as often as we used to. The steak Gorgonzola is now $26.95.

We don't care for the patio area with the plastic chairs though. Just doesn't feel the same.

• Visited July 2012
Chicago, IL
“Better than I expected!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

Being from Chicago, it's hard to expect Italian food in Colorado to compare....but garlic mikes delivers. The pasta is fresh, the sauces homemade. The wine is good and plentiful! Great service, fun, river location. Great experience!