“Always reliable !”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

We love our lunches at Mario's . The restaurant recently changed hands Andy wife and I were worried things would change. Some hiccups, but settled down. We love the Mario salad with grilled chicken, ranch on the side. They bring the salad with the next salad bowl size up, to flip it in. Calzones, pizzas, etc.. all fresh and served with a smile. One of our lunch favorites!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We were staying in a cabin in Almont and were tired from sightseeing one day so we decided it was time to grab pizza and take it back to the cabin to eat. I'm so glad we got Mario's. We had a pepperoni and a cheese that was great. The pepperoni was just the right grade of greasy and the cheese was nice and smooth like a good cheese pizza should be.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I ordered the; "Sister's" Artichoke dip as an appetizer (I have had, and MAKE better, but) it was edible, the "foccacia bread" is laughable, it is what Little Caesar's, and everyone else, "Cheesy Bread" It's a Pizza crust coated w/ cheese and a smattering of green stuff, which I assume is parsley. . .
The marinara sauce is ok, I suspect a can is involved somewhere in the process. . .
BUT, the steak and cheese Stromboli is probably one of the best I have had this side of Jersey! Nice, chewy bread, lotsa stuffing and just the right amount of sauce!
All, in all; it's decent delivery food, but I would not feed it to a date.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Family camping in the area (biggest lake in the state right outside the town) and decided to come into town during a rain storm for dinner. Mom, Dad, 2 pre-teen, teen boys and pre-teen girl. Ordered a regular pizza (not deep-dish), salads, fried mozzarella, and wings for starters. Best tasting pizza we had experienced in a long time - hands down. Ordered X-tra cheese and pepperoni - nothing fanci. But - the crust was superb, sauce excellent. High quality, fresh pepperoni, high quality and fresh mozzarella - when the couple of extra slices we took back to the camp-site cooled - the cheese alone was easily 1/2 inch thick. You might not need extra cheese! The fried mozzarella did not consist of frozen sticks that are easily reproducible from your local grocery store....rather of thick cut slices of fresh cheeeeeese, nicely breaded with their great sauce for dipping. Salads were excellent - lots of dressing on the side with fresh cheese and pepperoni on top of fresh lettuce and vegetables. Wings were, well wings - I did not think they were fabulous or anything special - but the boys liked them and they needed extra napkins. Staff was friendly and responsive and we had no complaints. Again - you come to a pizza place for the pizza - and this was most definitely very, very, very good pizza. We spent a little more ($60+ with good tip) because we splurged on the appetizers and salads (and drinks) - but if you are on a budget and want a good pizza - come here and get one. I wanted to go back the next night for the deep-dish - but alas, the weather was too nice and I needed to cook over the camp-fire.

Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in for a Sunday bite. Beer was cold. We started with a medium loaf of cheese bread - excellent. From there we moved on to the Italian sausage sandwiches. A little heavy but tasty.