“Great pub food and wonderful steaks”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Trough Restaurant - CLOSED

Trough Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Gunnison, Colorado
“Great pub food and wonderful steaks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

The Trough is a local favorites with their Happy Adult meal menus in the bar and excellent prime rib and steaks out on the main floor. I like the rib eye with the wild mushrooms and the tempura shrimp.

Visited May 2012

Parker, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic meal and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

My wife and I stumbled upon the "Trough" after noticing their sign while driving by on Hwy 50. We have a running joke beause a friend and I often eat at the Golden Corral Buffet, so our wives tease us by joking we are always at the "trough". Anyway are we glad we went in. I ordered the Prime Rib and it was delicious. My wife had the Shrimp, which were actually big enough to be called prawns. They were cooked perfectly and she could barely finish 4 of the 6. I helped with the other 2!! Everything from ths salad, dressings, bread and baked potatoes were absolutely fantastic. Our waiter "James" was a real professional. The meal was better that any I've had in Boulder, so beware of the previous snob's review. We eat regularly at Brooks and Shanahans so we know what good food is. Don't miss out on this great restaurant !! Jim and Shelly Johnson ...Parker,Co.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank jimmyjames13
Denver, CO
“Good meal at the Trough”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed dinner at the Trough. He had the prime rib and I had the trout. Both were good. We had their creme brulee for dessert and that was delicious!! Would recommend this to anyone who's visiting Gunnison.

Visited July 2012
Cumming, Georgia
“The Trough has an Identity Crisis”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

We had dinner here on a evening as we were passing through Gunnison.

The food was good (loved the family style salad with different dressings to choose from), but the whole situation is a bit surreal.

The building looks a bit run down and the inside is old and icky, but the service is excellent (they even have cocktail waitresses) and the prices are very high!

It seems like a fine dining establishment trapped in the body of and old "Sizzler Family Steakhouse".

I'm sure that it is one of the best restaurants in area, for sure.

• Visited July 2012
Bayfield, CO
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, great fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

I was in Gunnison for the 4th of July balloon festival and ate at the Trough three times, twice in the evening and once at lunch. The food was excellant as was the service and atmosphere. The lunch specials are very good and price wise competative with any fast-food restaurant. The restaurant was very busy but maintained excellant service throughout my visits. The entertainment in the lounge was wonderful as provided by Terry Rickard from the Durango area. Although this is a fine-dinning restaurant it maintains a family atmosphere with toys and games in the lounge for kids. On one of the evenings there was hot dog sales on the outside deck as well as a raffle to benefit a charity for the developmentally disabled.

• Visited July 2012