“Fabulous Family Time”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gunnison
Waunita Hot Springs Ranch
Avon, OH
“Fabulous Family Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

19 of us from aged 3 - 65. We celebrated 4 birthdays and an anniversary while there. 2 of my kids 12 and 7 cried for 2 days for leaving, because they had so much fun. It was wonderful to connect with family and spend all tme out doors. The hot springs really do a have a healing effect and take a way all soreness from horseback riding. They offer activities for all ages and types or just rest. The food is good home cooked meals and they were very kind in accomodating my son's nut allergy. There is NOTHING negative to say about this family and how well they run their ranch.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank all5ofusAvon_OH

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Huntsville, Al
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

MY WIFE AND I AND OUR OLDEST SON AND TWO GRANDSONS JUST SPENT A WONDERFUL WEEK AT WAUNITA. Once again the food was excellent, the scenery superb and the people wonderful! I can't recommend this place strongly enough. Reserved our next year's trip before we left; already looking forward..

Room Tip: Best vacation value ever. Activities as much or little as you want.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank EdWHuntsville_Al
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have now been to the ranch twice and I'm already trying to plan my third trip! Everything from start to finish was wonderful. You can do as little or as much as you want and there are plenty of activities each day so if you want to take a break from riding you can and still have a blast. We did the whitewater rafting which we really enjoyed. My mom took a shopping trip one day and came back with all sorts of goodies. I can't say enough good things about the food (and I'm a picky eater too)....I even bought their cookbook on the last day. I have gone both as a kid and as an adult and loved the ranch both times and hope to be back soon!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Wichita, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

Each year a group of 30-40 people from my church go to Monarch Mountain for a few days of skiing and snowboarding. We love staying at Waunita Hot Springs Ranch while we're in the area. It's about 45 minutes from the mountain pass, but well worth the peaceful drive. Great family owned ranch, wonderful food and the best outdoors hot springs pool around. The food is all homemade, breakfast is made to order and dinner is generally served buffet style. We always look forward to visiting with these folks, they're hospitality is the best.

Room Tip: In the winter, stay in the main lodge if possible so you don't have to trek through the snow to...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Pitkin, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband took me to the ranch for a special birthday dinner and retirement celebration. The Pringle family is so friendly! Our food was cooked to perfection and the music after dinner was so much fun. I can't wait to go back and take our friends/family next time. (One of the family members even said a prayer before the dinner...you don't have that out in public very often...again, what a great family and great environment!)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kandy N
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

My aunt and uncle have been coming here for years and this was my second visit. You get your own horse for the week and most days you can do 2 rides if you wish. The food is all homemade, even the hard shell taco shells! Breakfast is made to order with different specials each day. Every other meal has specific times and is buffet. Steak on Friday night was superb! Staff treats you like family. Prayers are said at meals. You can white water raft, fish or shoot skeet! So much to choose and different family members could pick different activities with no worries. We had six family members and 12 other relatives and all had a fantastic time. Oh, and the pool is hot springs fed and like the biggest hot tub you've ever seen. So relaxing!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Chez_Rubenstein
Weston, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

We had chosen Waunita Hot Springs Ranch just based on the reviews and because my family loves to ride horses and wanted to see the mountains for a change of scenery. All the positive praise is warranted. From the moment you arrive, you are made to feel like family - by the Pringles, the lodge hosts, and the multi-talented staff. They take care of everyone in your group and accommodate every request you make. For children and adults who do not want to ride, there are many other activities from which to choose. In addition to the riding, we enjoyed the pool, the rafting trip, overnight camping, square dancing, and arena games. The kids asked if we could live there (if only we could!), and we've already started planning when we can return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gunnison
The Inn at Tomichi Village
Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort
Three Rivers Resort
Three Rivers Resort
#1 of 1 in Almont

Been to Waunita Hot Springs Ranch? Share your experiences!