“They Have My Business”

The Gunnisack
Ranked #5 of 57 Restaurants in Gunnison
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Gunnisack Cowboy Bistro Restaurant and Bar features an original "from-scratch" approach including;Angus Beef Burgers ground fresh in-house and served on house-baked sesame buns, soups, sauces, chili's and dressings all made from scratch. The menu is changed twice yearly and features, Apppetizers, Pastas, Steaks (served sizzling) entree salads like our "Grilled Sockeye Salmon Salad", pot pie, fish & chips, grilled ahi tuna, a full "samich" section featuring our "Southwest Foccacia Club" ,tortilla wraps, vegetarian menu, kids menu, desserts highlighted by our "Gunnisack Cookie" and Bananas Foster en crute. Winner of numerous people's choice awards including "2009 Business of the Year". 2011 "best Restaurant" best chickebn fried steak" & "best place for wings" Serving lunch & dinner Monday through Saturday. Closed Sundays. mc/vis/dis/amex. Reservations accepted. Check us out on facebook!
Reviewed 1 week ago

This place is just awesome, that is all there is to it. I have eaten there twice lately and both times were very good. The first time I ate the "Ringer," a giant burger with onion rings on it. It was AMAZING! You had better be prepared to exercise afterwards because you are going to need it. The second meal I had the machaca nachos. Oh, they are good. The first time we just happened to be there on Tuesday with two of our grandchildren. We learned that kids eat free on Tuesday, so their meal didn't cost me anything. Can't wait to return.

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

While staying in Gunnison overnight, we returned to The Gunnisack for dinner since we were very happy with our visit one year ago--to the day! Still quick friendly service and good food. The pretzel appetizers and dipping sauce were delicious! My daughter's "chicken tenders" actually seemed like the equivalent of two large chicken breasts. When we return to Gunnison, we will definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

While driving the Silver thread highways we came upon a cute little town of Gunnison. We stopped in to The Gunnisack. Quirky little Restaurant/Bar. Good service. Nicely decorated for Christmas.
Great menu for those that love burgers, nachos pizza. My husband and I shared Machaca Beef Nachos. Nachos full of flavor loved the verde salsa. Also have a few beverages.
Upslope craft lager, Boulder, CO
Irwin Marzen, Crested Bute, CO
Bother really good craft beers made locally in Colorado.
Neat salt and pepper holders on the tables. Gotta see. One of a kind.
They do have them for sale. We were told that they will no longer be made. The gentleman whom made them is retiring his craft.
We enjoyed the nice conversation with the staff.
Only thing that took away from a nice meal, great atmosphere and good service was a FILTHY Bathroom. No one wants to walk into a bathroom to see a filthy toilet!
Especially since we were there just slightly prior to the Friday rush hour. No excuses will suffice.
Take note that people prefer a clean appearing bathroom, while we appreciate you have them, keep the toilets clean please!
Otherwise I would have given a 5 star review.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had a french dip, a favorite of mine I have had in many places and this was the best. Cvered in Swiss cheese and mushrooms and overstuffed with great roast beef.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was really a wonderful place to eat the food was amazing. My daughter and I had a hamburger and it was amazing. My husband had the catfish and he said it was wonderful as well. I am glad I read the reviews for this restaurant and we stopped to eat there.

Date of visit: June 2018

Been to The Gunnisack? Share your experiences!