“Great place for good food.”
Review of The Gunnisack

The Gunnisack
Ranked #5 of 57 Restaurants in Gunnison
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Gunnisack Cowboy Bistro Restaurant and Bar features an original "from-scratch" approach including;Angus Beef Burgers ground fresh in-house and served on house-baked sesame buns, soups, sauces, chili's and dressings all made from scratch. The menu is changed twice yearly and features, Apppetizers, Pastas, Steaks (served sizzling) entree salads like our "Grilled Sockeye Salmon Salad", pot pie, fish & chips, grilled ahi tuna, a full "samich" section featuring our "Southwest Foccacia Club" ,tortilla wraps, vegetarian menu, kids menu, desserts highlighted by our "Gunnisack Cookie" and Bananas Foster en crute. Winner of numerous people's choice awards including "2009 Business of the Year". 2011 "best Restaurant" best chickebn fried steak" & "best place for wings" Serving lunch & dinner Monday through Saturday. Closed Sundays. mc/vis/dis/amex. Reservations accepted. Check us out on facebook!
Reviewed December 13, 2018

We found this gem went for Dinner on a Monday evening. We were greeted at the door and given the table of our choice. The waiter was there immediately. It was bright and cozy and well lit. My wife had the Montana Meatloaf and I had the Southwest Enchiladas. Both of these items were excellent and had large portions. The pot pie and the chicken fried steak are also highly recommended. The meals came quickly and were hot. The atmosphere was not loud or boisterous. It was moderate to low priced and the service was exceptional. This is a must if you are if you are in Gunnison, Colorado.

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed December 6, 2018 via mobile

Finding a restuarant is easy enough, lot to pick from. Decent menu, burger was tasty , the coffee fresh and server was great!

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed October 24, 2018 via mobile

I am in town for business and stoped by the Gunnisack for dinner. I was greeted right as I walked in and was taken to a table right away. The restaurant has a fun, laid back atmosphere. There was a huge selection on the menu. I went with a classic. Chicken fried steak. It was fantastic. I could only eat half of it. It was a very large portion. The server was always checking on me, and the manager came by a few times as well. The dining area isn’t huge, but there were a lot of booths and a bar up front. I recommend dropping by if your in town.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

Stopped for supper on our way through the area. The menu has a little bit of everything, from nice-looking salads and sandwiches to chili, soups and steaks and home-style choices. My husband went with the meatloaf, which came with mashed pot & veg. All very good. I had the Gunni Pasta- a creamy pasta dish with artichokes, broccoli & carrots topped with grilled salmon. Also delish. We also tried the beer, cheese & jalapeño soup. Very good. Our server was super and prices were fair. We would definitely recommend Gunnisack for a good meal.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 28, 2018

Stopped in for lunch while vacationing nearby! Great place, with a friendly, fun atmosphere. I had a salad that was fresh and nicely portioned. I forget what my husband had with his side of fries, but he enjoyed it as well. They have a diverse menu that has something for everyone.

Date of visit: September 2018

Been to The Gunnisack? Share your experiences!