“I glad it was better things near by!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Floridian Hotel

Floridian Hotel
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Homestead
CHICAGO
“I glad it was better things near by!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

This was my first stay in homestead Florida. But my third visit to Florida. I went to Homestead because I have family there. This hotel was one of the best there but the best is not good. The only good thing was the continental breakfast. I mean they didn't change our sheets in the room when they cleaned it. They just fixed the bed. It was always a wait for towels and one day we just didn't get fresh ones. Oh the HUGE bugs was the worst. I'm from the Midwest and those bugs was something I never seen before. And my family had to kill 3. With a little more work this place can be okay.

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
FLORIDIAN990, Manager at Floridian Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2014
Thank you for posting your opinions and observations on this site.We apologize for the inconveniences concerning the bugs and we can assure you that problem has been taken care of.Hope you give us another chance to show you on your next vacation in our area
Respectfully:
The Floridian Hotel Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Polish first
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

We visited July 17, 2014. Check in was effortless and the clerk was pleasant and directed us to a good restaurant for dinner. The room was more than clean -- it was very modern and well appointed. More tv channels than you would expect and wifi was strong. Breakfast was substantial, although the sausage and bacon weren't ready when we arrived at 6am, but was almost ready when we left around 6:30. For the price we paid I feel that this hotel is vastly under rated. I will stay here every time I need a spot close to the Keys or Miami.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank ExRecon
FLORIDIAN990, Manager at Floridian Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2014
It's great to hear such good reviews from our guests!It shows us we are on the right path on this business.Thank you for sharing your opinions with other possible customers and we hope to have you back soon.Until then:
respectfully
Wayne, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

if you are on a budget and not so fussy it will be ok.at least it is not with an over musty smell.
Decent price. Clean. Do not expect 5 stars services for 3 star price
If I will have to go there I will probably do it

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank ana V
Thank you very much for your review about our hotel.We are glad you spend some good moments in our accommodations and we are sure to have have back soon.Until then
Respectfully,
The Floridian Staff
Howell, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

Booked this hotel based on proximity to a wedding and price. Room was clean and had enough towels. There were ants on the night stands. We could clearly hear the people next door. We had an issue with the ac unit that seemed like it worked itself out. All in all you get what you pay for.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Scott R
Thank you so much for publishing your reviews on this site.We appreciate you point out the details failing during your stay,We can assure you we've been working on this issues in order to solve them out.Hope to have back soon!
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

I booked this hotel as part of a last minute decision to spend my Birthday in Florida, its a really nice place, room was very clean, well appointed, more than enough towels, soap etc. The staff were very friendly (not the 'Have a nice day' ) but no problem or my pleasure and the breakfast (included) well, fantastic selection, fresh chilled fruit and juices, coffee reg and decaff, different cereals, waffles, donuts to mention just some of whats available. Decent sized pool with seating, loungers etc washers and driers all included, wifi in the room was very reliable. For what I paid for the 9 nights I stayed I can't fault it, I have paid more and got less.

Room Tip: My room was on the 2nd floor next to the washer/drier room but no problem with noise
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Malcolm G
FLORIDIAN990, Manager at Floridian Hotel, responded to this review, October 6, 2014
Thank you so much for posting your opinions ,we are glad you had a pleasant stay in our accommodations,We are sure to be your number one choice next time you decide to spend sometime in Florida.
Respectfully.
New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

Homestead is a great location for one of the entrances for the Everglades so we spent one night here after a week trip in the Florida Keys. I would call this a very basic motel. It's clean and had a continental breakfast and was the cheapest place we stayed on our trip, so it was good from that angle. I would have no problem recommending this place to someone that wanted a basic motel for a good price.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tdtid
Thank you so much for your reviews on this site,we really appreciate you have shown others your opinions about your stay in our hotel.Hopefully you will choose us on your next trip to South Florida.
Until then.
Kfar Saba, Israel
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

we had only 2 bath-towels in the room, and no hand towels. we had to ask the management 3 times for additional bath towels (we were 4 in the room), and it took them well over 2 hours to get those towels. also, they didn't put any soap or shampoo in the room: we had to go ask for that as well.
we stayed total of 3 nights, and each day we had to ask for more towels, because each time they took the towels and left us just 2 new ones. of course we didn't get any more shampoo apart from what we got in the first day. and when I came to ask for additional towels the second day, the clerk started to question me, how can it be that I need more towels today as well as yesterday.

also, every day we had to go to the front dest to re-set our keys, because they somehow stopped working in the time we were out.

also, the pool was quite dirty
the TV had many channels, but we kept seeing it with horizontal stripes - bad reception

theoretically there was free wifi, but it wasn't working well and we had to reset the wifi connection all the time.

people in the next room were smoking and the smoke came into our room and disturbed us.

breakfast had a good variety, but when my son asked for a glass of water with ice - they didn't have any...

in short: next time we'll take another hotel.

Room Tip: room 100 is horrible, lots of noise from the pool on one side and from the laundry and service area...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Anenet
Thank you for posting your experiences during your stay in our hotel,we are sorry to hear they were negative ones.We can assure you it's not the usual thing to happen and that we are working on those dark spots in order to meet our guests expectations.Hope you give us another chance to show you so:
The Floridian Staff
Also consider these accommodations in or near Homestead
The Hotel Redland
Super 8 Florida City/Homestead
Super 8 Florida City/Homestead
#6 of 12 in Florida City
Quality Inn Florida City - Homestead

Been to Floridian Hotel? Share your experiences!