“Lots of Food - Economical”
Review of Peking House

Peking House
Ranked #95 of 164 Restaurants in Homestead
Cuisines: Chinese
Homestead, Florida
“Lots of Food - Economical”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I do delivery all the time and everything is excellent with no MSG. I'll order a sampling and use over a couple of days. Delivery is very fast. They have a buffet for under $6 from 11 AM - 2 PM. Staff are all very friendly and fast.

Visited May 2012

Homestead, Fla USA
“A great variety of really tasty, delicious foods that made me wish my stomach were largerl.”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I had the buffet and woul.d have gone again if I had the capacity. Each serving was delicious. Many, many different choices, soup was great, salad bar, all kinds of appetizers, american foods too. Very resonable.

• Visited January 2012
Tucson, Arizona
“Routine Chinese”
Reviewed April 7, 2010

We had lunch here and chose off the menu rather than the buffet. I had the Kung Po chicken and the wife had General Tso's chicken. We wanted hot and sour soup so had to order the portion of 2 @ $6.50 Food was nothing special. I could eat here again, but wouldn't go out of my way to go back.

Philadelphia, PA, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Misleading menu, poor service.”
Reviewed January 8, 2009

On January 8, 2009, my wife and I had a meal at Peking House. My wife was satisfied with the shrimp in black bean sauce although the black beans were few and far-between. It did taste good.
I ordered the Kung Po Shrimp from the Sichwuan, Hunan page of the menu. The menu described it as "Shrimp in a mixture of Chinese vegetables and spicy sauce." When the order came it was comprised mostly of shrimp, diced celery and carrots with two or three water chestnuts. The flavor was OK but I was very disappointed to find no bok choi, no bamboo shoots, no mung beans, no bean sprouts, etc.
I called the waitress over and explained that celery and carrots are not Chinese vegetables. She laughed and said that if I wanted those vegetables I should order another dish the next time I came in. I complained to two other staff and they all said the same thing. No effort was made to correct the situation. Do they really believe anyone would return after that experience?

1 Thank SocTeach
Miami
“Worst Ever!”
Reviewed December 29, 2007

I ordered the "Bombay Curry" being an avid fan of Indian food I thought this was safe to order. When it arrived at the table I noticed it was chuck full of mushrooms, water chestnuts, snow peas and onion. I am allergic to mushrooms and I alerted the server who is also the manager of this. She got a bit rude and seemed annoyed with me and took it away, not before telling me she brought me what I ordered! and I pointed out to her that in the menu description it only says "chicken in curry sauce". She took it back and I just sat there thinking she was going to bring me my order without mushrooms. I called her over after a long while and she said she would bring me the check and next time to let them know I'm allergic to mushrooms... how was I to know that they put mushrooms in it? I have eaten Indian food all over the US and Europe and never found 1 mushroom. She brought me my check and yes.... the curry was there all $8.95 of it. I called her over once again and I told her she was to do one of 2 things, 1 take it off the check or 2 bring me my order without the mushrooms. She brought me back my order packed to go, and it was only 1/2 the container. When I asked as to why she said that was the portion and thats' it. I took it home and yes... you guessed it, although they went to great lenghths to remove the mushrooms they left 2 behind and I had to throw it out. The food is poor quality, they load the dishes up with vegetables and very little meat. The rice is bland, service is horrible they are not attentive at all. They are rude. Never again will I go there and I highly suggest you drive around the corner on Campbell Dr where there are other Chinese Restaurants and even Panda Cade is clean and efficient service. You can bet Peking House has stolen my last dollar as I will tell everyone of their horrible service and food

3 Thank HockeyWife21